how to channel ancestor totem

After 10 runns on the ancestor tournament i stil havent figured out how to channel the enemys totems.
Is there a special hidden button i havent discoverd jet?
I tryed everything, standing next to it while red highlighted, pressing every button I could find, even doing nothing. Like this it is not winnable. The for your time and advice. _ jim
Last bumped on Nov 23, 2023, 1:51:26 AM
On xbox you get close to the totem and hold down A. What its doing for me is it channels for a quarter of a second then it just stops channeling and starts shooting my basic attack. Yours might be doing the same thing.
I play in ps4. And yes, when i stand next to it and hold X button it seems to channel 1/20 and then fires the skill. For me this leage is not playable.
"
happy4prez wrote:
On xbox you get close to the totem and hold down A. What its doing for me is it channels for a quarter of a second then it just stops channeling and starts shooting my basic attack. Yours might be doing the same thing.

On my A button mov skill and it's work as intend, exept auto use flame dash after totem broke. But yes... league bad for console, especially ui side. Info about every reward RSB every time, seriously?
I will try to put my flame dash there and see if that lets me channel.
"
happy4prez wrote:

On xbox as well, was going crazy trying to do the league and this trick worked for me too. Thanks for posting! What a weird ass bug to have...
I Put a Totem skill on X with PS5. it lets me Channel it when next to it.
Hi guys,

i still am struggling with the situation that nothing works to channel the enemies totem in TOTA... am i stupid?

I changed the position of A to a move skill flame dash, i removed it and tried it as well, ... nothing works to channel... and is ending in a 100% Loss...

any help is appreciated...

PS: XBOX Series X
I can't believe so many of you use the "interact" button for a skill.

I've been playing this game for years, and the experience is WAY better if you don't bind anything to X (on Playstation, I think it's A on XBox).

If you have a triggered skill, you can put it on there to keep the game from auto-assigning skills to that button.

There are just way too many situations where you find yourself using a skill when you want to interact, or interacting when you want to use a skill...

You get both a left and right trigger for "alt" button set, so even if you don't bind X, you still have 11 button binds available (plus flasks, etc). Is that not enough?

You can even just turn on your reservations from the skill menu (the one where you assign buttons) by just hovering them and hitting square (PS) without ever assigning them to a button, if you *really* need all those buttons.

Ideally there would be a different solution for this... but in the meanwhile, I really recommend no skill on "interact" (except a triggered skill you can't manually use).
Last edited by QQPQ on Aug 27, 2023, 7:33:24 PM
"
QQPQ wrote:
I can't believe so many of you use the "interact" button for a skill.

I've been playing this game for years, and the experience is WAY better if you don't bind anything to X (on Playstation, I think it's A on XBox).

If you have a triggered skill, you can put it on there to keep the game from auto-assigning skills to that button.

There are just way too many situations where you find yourself using a skill when you want to interact, or interacting when you want to use a skill...

You get both a left and right trigger for "alt" button set, so even if you don't bind X, you still have 11 button binds available (plus flasks, etc). Is that not enough?

You can even just turn on your reservations from the skill menu (the one where you assign buttons) by just hovering them and hitting square (PS) without ever assigning them to a button, if you *really* need all those buttons.

Ideally there would be a different solution for this... but in the meanwhile, I really recommend no skill on "interact" (except a triggered skill you can't manually use).

... Really you cant believe it? The entire left trigger wheel of skills is my auras the right trigger is usually vaal skills and curses, frost bomb and then main wheel is obv move skill attack and usually secondary spell you really CANT believe it...?

Also been playing the game for years (bestiary) the performance this league is trash load screens are double even with an SSD. Its not only having a skill on the A button its the interaction with the totem as well.. PC doesnt seem to have the issue where you have about 60% chance to successfully target the totem on console its been horrific even without a skill being on the A button.. Stop defending this bullshit...

My xbox literally sounds like an airplane right now after loading into sarn encampment this sound persists and happens all the time.. This league also introduced this new great thing where if I tab out of my game my entire xbox becomes unresponsive and freezes for a few seconds and then my game finally crashes and I can use my xbox again.
Last edited by Corey on Aug 29, 2023, 5:16:08 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info