Failed to decompress (corrupted data)

"
IbogaSolen wrote:
This generally works and it worked for me

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18531

it is the packcheck.exe

Nope, not work for me.
Tried both clients and both crash. This is ridiculous.
“If freedom of [censored] is taken away, then [censored] and [censored] we may be led, like [censored] to the [censored].” - George Washington
Been having this issue for the last few leagues. I don't think we have any response from GGG as of yet.
TRY IT.
1. Disable Hyperthreading in your BIOS
2. Delete Folder Path of Exile in %Appdata%
3. Use Packcheck or Verifygame
4. Disable Multithreading in gameconfig

I've tried them all. I can play the game without crash
Last edited by sass2549 on Dec 10, 2023, 8:14:52 PM
"
sass2549 wrote:
TRY IT.

Thanks man I tried it and it's has been working so far. I hope it won't come back. I wasted the whole weekend because of this shit. Now i can finally play but tomorrow is Monday agaim. Damn
I solved the problem for myself.
1. I uninstall the game
2. I delete the Folder Grinding Gear Games - Program Files (x86)\Grinding Gear Games
3. I delete the Folder Path of Exile in - Documents\My Games\
4. I delete the Folder Path of Exile in - Users\USER\AppData\Roaming
5. I swap the Game from my old SSD to another SSD <--(I don't know how much that contributed to solving my problem)
I'm having this issue consistently upon upgrading to a new machine.

=== Specs ===============
Intel 13900k
RTX 4090
64GB DDR4 3600
Win 11
=========================

On steam, so no packcheck for me. Verifying file integrity through steam has no impact.
Disabling hyper-threading seems to stabilize it for me. I was crashing every 5 minutes, 3 hours without an error so far.
Last edited by Celenium93 on Dec 11, 2023, 1:45:41 AM
I've played exclusively through Steam until now, but in the light of this error I decided to try the standalone client for the first time. So far no issues after the first few hours of playing, but it remains to be seen whether I'll start getting random crashes on loading zones like some of the others.

I believe others have also found success deleting all persistent data and doing a clean installation. Those for whom both clients crash regularly: Any of you a first-time user of one client or the other? Maybe the corrupted data go beyond cached assets so that, once it happens, verifying the game files doesn't do anything. User app data maybe? If some kind of common routine is responsible for the data corruption, it's also possible this is happening to files both in and outside of the game folder. Some have also mentioned issues with multithreading. Maybe whatever happens happens because of a bug in concurrency? It's really hard to play sleuth as one person going by emotionally-charged first-hand reports. I'm sure if GGG were to take this on, they'd have the runtime logs and debugging tools to diagnose the root cause of the problem and fix it once and for all, especially with so many people affected and ready to help them hone in on the source.

In the meanwhile, if you've been affected and trying fixes, my recommendation would be NOT to try the fixes in isolation. Do everything, clear all relevant folders, reinstall your client, verify the files, change your settings, and then please let us know if the issue persists or has been resolved.
"
TRY IT.

This worked for me, been playing all day no crashed, used to be a error every zone swap or just randomly in zone.

Try this out if anything

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info