0.10.7 Patch Notes

Added new Item Mods - "of Shining", "of Light" and "of Radiance": Increased accuracy and light radius.

Simple things in life .... ♥ it!!!
SSF since ~OB
Whether all unique will create a new module ?

Especially Carcass Jack

it was so powerful

But it looks very sick ... :(
IGN:ArroganceCat
Last edited by asho1223 on Apr 24, 2013, 2:18:52 AM
"
Kwonryu wrote:
Spoiler
People seem to be confused on the subject.

When people talk Melee (ways to improve it etc), they mean being up close and personal with the monsters, adding alot more risk than if being out of range of the monster's melee attacks.

Range 4-6.

If you can use an attack that hits the enemy but the enemy cannot hit you due to you being too far away, then it is not in melee-range.

If you wield a Hammer that can Summon Meteors from the Sky, it is not in melee-tange.

If you wield a Sword that can shoot out Energybeams or Lightning from afar that knocks back enemies, it is not in melee-range.

The Poem of Yore

While that's interesting and all, if I have a longer enough sword that I can hit monsters at twice the range they have, is it melee?

Note that it's a normal, steel, sword. No magic. No waves or force fields. Or we could use a Spear/Lance as an example.

Basically, "real" melee is simply attacking something with a weapon you hold the entire time and maintain complete control of during, before, and after the attack. Spells and bows obviously don't count, because you don't directly control the spell the entire time and once the arrow leaves the bow, the same thing is true.

Some say Ele-Cleave build is melee, others don't. And while I agree they are attacking beyond their normal melee range, with some extra range vs normal melee, I consider also what using it does.

When you use cleave, you must stop to use it. This gives the mob time to get in range and hit you. Attack speed helps this, but only so much. And one handed weapons usually don't have knockback, so yeah...

Thus, I consider it melee.
"
TremorAcePV wrote:
While that's interesting and all, if I have a longer enough sword that I can hit monsters at twice the range they have, is it melee?

Note that it's a normal, steel, sword. No magic. No waves or force fields. Or we could use a Spear/Lance as an example.

If you have a Sword/Hammer/Lance/Spear that can hit an opponent 10+ yards away without the opponent being able to hit you back, it is as much risk as being an Archer.

It is a Melee-Weapon yes, but it is not in the Close Quarters Melee-Range we are discussing.

When people talk Melee (regarding ways to improve it etc), they mean being up close and personal with the monsters, adding alot more risk than if being out of range of the monster's melee attacks.

Range 4-6.

If you can use an attack that hits the enemy but the enemy cannot hit you due to you being too far away, then it is not in melee-range.

To be in the Fray (and risk getting hit often by the enemies, getting swarmed etc) has alot more Risk than being Two Screens away Blasting Away/Firing Arrows.

Risk VS Reward. That's what the discussion is about regarding Melee VS Ranged.

Not what a Long Spear is regarded as or not, or if engaged in Combat with a Long Weapon VS a Tiny Dagger is regarded Melee or not. That is not the discussion.

Alexis
*smiles*

=@[.]@= boggled
=~[.]^= naughty wink
Last edited by Kwonryu on Apr 24, 2013, 10:01:19 AM
Wow guys you are great! I love new hippie flowers visual effects, Xbox kinect support and rain of Araku Tikies!

Well, actualy HELL NO... Get rid of those new useless item mods, improve melee effectivness and overal game stability please.
Hate community since Aug A.D.2012. Distrust developer since 0.11.0.
Edit: I've had an hour or two of experience now using 8 active skills (no Move Only on LMB, Ethereal Knives instead) and it's not as bad as I thought. Maybe I had been using melee attacks on my left mouse in the past and that's what gave me such a bad impression of not having Move Only. It's actually quite nice to be able to go straight from walking to attacking just by pressing Shift.

So we've got like twice as many options for keys to bind our skill slots and flasks to with this patch. That's nice, but a glaring flaw still exists: the implementation of Move Only. Move Only takes up a skill slot, which are normally easily all taken up by actual skills. Without Move Only bound, one loses a considerable degree of reliability to their movement control: if you think you're clicking away from the pack in an empty spot but there's actually a straggler monster standing over there, you can die. If, in a moments panic, you keep holding on to the left-mouse while moving your cursor with the intent to run away, you will stay locked on and keep attacking and can die that way. Those are extreme worst-case-scenario examples, but the baseline inconvenience is constant.
All that is required to solve this is an additional key-binding option in the menu alongside skill 1, flask 1, etc. for Move Only. When I first read the patch notes I assumed that with all those new keys I could stick Move Only somewhere without gimping my character. I can't. I need Move Only.
Last edited by Brillo_Scrublord on Apr 27, 2013, 10:43:28 AM
hey i play melee in hc solo as my first hc char. lvl 75 so far. I play leap slam / heavy strike and dont use enduring cry. i solo maps so far no problems. sometimes risky with some nodes, but ok thats the same for all people, or am i wrong?

for those who dont believe me - check out : poestatistics.com/users/elariv/

wish you guys a nice day
Elariv
Last edited by Elariv on Apr 25, 2013, 6:56:27 AM
why did I download a new patch this morning with no patch notes?

I know the system went down last night for something.. no explanation as to what though..

what was changed?

thanks
Yes, did seem to download some kind of Patch/Hotfix just now, but maybe only some small Fixes in the Background & nothing worth Patch Notes.
Keep calm, play PoE, drink Tea & listen to Prog!

Exiled.eu ... deutsche PoE-Community mit News, TS3, Guides & vielen netten Leuten :)
This is all fine and dandy, but - when are the survivability adjustments coming?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info