0.10.7 Patch Notes

"
Edzilla wrote:
"
Mr_Cee wrote:

"
Chris wrote:
An Orb of Chance is now much more likely to create common Unique items and less likely to generate uncommon or rare Unique items.

sounds as this would only affect item types that have more than one unique kind?

Im curious of this too.

Not necessarily. It depends on how the orbs of chance are coded. It could look at the available variants of the item, and fix the probability based on that. Say, if an item had a common unique, it'd be 80% blue, 18% yellow, 2% unique, but if a different item only had a rare unique available to it, it might break down at 80%/19.5%/0.5%.
Nerfed chance orbs

Fuck.
great patch !

"
We have standardised the TCP port that the game uses for instance server connections to one that is less likely to be affected by packet shaping. This may improve network performance with some ISPs.

-> I live in Reunion Island and I need to run PoE through tunneling to get a stable 250ms latency.
Will this patch change the actual list of outgoing ports ?

"
Thomas wrote:
The (currently) full list of outgoing ports is:

and the range 32768 - 61000

The client doesn't require any incoming ports.

Thanks!
Great patch guys
Last edited by WhiteBoy on Apr 18, 2013, 9:35:56 AM
"
Finnien wrote:

I'm just disappointed all the underwhelming gems lately aren't getting fixed, the one aspect of multistrike people were excited about is getting removed, and there are none of the melee fixes that they've acknowledged are sorely needed. I've been trying to find something new and fun to play since all my stuff got hacked and stolen, and so far every new gem is either hugely situational/niche, or just plain underwhelming. Melee splash/multistrike don't help melee compete with things like lightning arrow and freezing pulse on straight damage, much less with all the survivability issues they already have. If patch notes read 'multistrike has been changed so it doesn't work with projectiles, its damage reduction has been reduced by 10-15%, and melee splash radius has been increased by 20%', then my reaction might be different. As it is, I see pointless affixes and map mods added, even more gems I don't care about to stack next to incinerate and searing bond and such, and nothing to fix the major issues that dominate the game.

I don't know, maybe my expectations were too high. But every week I look at what's new, and every week I'm disappointed, and no new competitive builds are emerging to try out. I just don't see the point of adding all these new skills when none of them are remotely competitive with what we already have.

You do kind of make it sound like every nook and cranny of the game has been discovered already ;) which I believe is not really the case. Also we don't know exactly HOW powerful the new skills are. Remember that, just because they are not viable for you, doesn't mean they are not viable for other people. But you seem resonable. I think you know this but yeah I would also be a bit concerned if I was in your shoes, I understand the sentiment but I think you are maybe over-reacting a bit.
Raising the unique drop rate is awesome.
Most people don't realize that adding 4 unique items each week is actually quite a nerf on the other unique items drop rate.
Hopefully this will address that.
"
Chris wrote:

• Added new Item Mods - "of Shining", "of Light" and "of Radiance": Increased accuracy and light radius.

Are you able to automatically add stuff like this to the low-life effects on uniques? I have two Redbeaks and can't see a damned thing. This is even more vitally important since, being on low life all the time, I really really really need to see when some speedy bastard charges up to me with some chaos damage.

"
Chris wrote:

• We have standardised the TCP port that the game uses for instance server connections to one that is less likely to be affected by packet shaping. This may improve network performance with some ISPs.

Unfortunately, since I'm already shaped, I probably won't be able to download this patch :P

"
Chris wrote:

• An Orb of Chance is now much more likely to create common Unique items and less likely to generate uncommon or rare Unique items.

How do you define common and uncommon/rare? Also, does this reduce the total chance to get a rare unique, or just the chance when comparing it to a more common unique?

Example: I want Tabula Rasa. It is a rare unique. The other Simple Robe unique is Thousand Ribbons, and we'll assume that's a common unique. Assume a 0.35% chance to get a unique from an Orb of Chance. I get that 0.35% roll, and get a unique, so there is a 50% chance it is Thousand Ribbons, and 50% that it is Tabula Rasa. Does this get changed to (example) 80% for Thousand Ribbons, and 20% for Tabula Rasa? Or is it this other example:

Vaults of Aztiri, Pyramid Map, a rare unique. Normally 0.35% chance to get a unique, but since it's a rare unique, that gets reduced to 0.1%. Hope I phrased this question correctly!

"
Chris wrote:

• Fixed a bug where the additional critical damage applied by the Critical Weakness curse didn't work correctly.

Wait, did it not work at all? I wondered why I was only doing a ridiculous buttload of damage instead of three metric asstons. (Copy my Shadow onto your local servers and give him a try)
IRON MAN
"
Chris wrote:

[li]Increased the drop rate of Unique items.[/li]
[li]An Orb of Chance is now much more likely to create common Unique items and less likely to generate uncommon or rare Unique items.[/li]

I honestly don't know how to feel about this. I liked the idea of chancing to begin with cause it represented a real way to farm for specific uniques... 620chances latter and still no kaom heart, feeling a bit burned out. So with chances getting nerfed BUT more unique drops from monsters... Tbh I woulda preferred something like a game mode where u can forgo all rare drops and orbs in exchange for a 300% increased chance of farming a specific item u want. Something like that woulda been more fair. I would prefer more options for specific item farming rather than weak RNG + trading. More farming options like orbofchance plz, if u have to nerf the chance rate for good uniques. Soz but not excited about these changes, nor can I approve
"
Abdz wrote:
"
Chris wrote:

[li]Increased the drop rate of Unique items.[/li]
[li]An Orb of Chance is now much more likely to create common Unique items and less likely to generate uncommon or rare Unique items.[/li]

I honestly don't know how to feel about this. I liked the idea of chancing to begin with cause it represented a real way to farm for specific uniques... 620chances latter and still no kaom heart, feeling a bit burned out. So with chances getting nerfed BUT more unique drops from monsters... Tbh I woulda preferred something like a game mode where u can forgo all rare drops and orbs in exchange for a 300% increased chance of farming a specific item u want. Something like that woulda been more fair. I would prefer more options for specific item farming rather than weak RNG + trading. More farming options like orbofchance plz, if u have to nerf the chance rate for good uniques. Soz but not excited about these changes, nor can I approve

I kinda agree with you, orb of chance will probably become obsolete because of this change, and we go back to endless boss farming :/
I really don't like the drop rate increase..
It's already common enough for me to find 2 uniques a day, we'll see how this plays out :S
Ign - Nef_Reave

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info