ExileCon 2023 - Event Streaming Code of Conduct

"
vacii wrote:
It's a sad day when, when common sense has to be put into guidelines.

The irony is that it's called common sense, while most people don't have it.
VIP Dinner!! LoL

https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198076008022/screenshot/2054255006007687880/
Doubt there are many places in NZ to hold this kind of event so understand GGG not wanting to annoy the owners of the building itself.

Also good to see rules for people that think they can just run around recording everything they want.
fair , i cant wait , hype hype hype
some streamers may be dyslexic, might need a video for it
"
FlanxLycanth wrote:
who up conducting they code
up this...
"Now all that's left is for you getting on your knees."
if you know thanks me:) i'm dying to find out x'D
"
alhazred70 wrote:
"
jsuslak313 wrote:
Streaming should be banned. Just post your own official video/stream...

I can guarantee there are going to be numerous idiot streamers that ignore this entirely and won't be caught by officials.

Pics/Videos...fine. But constant, always-on video streaming to thousands of other people that will undoubtedly capture other people who may or may not be okay with it? Bad move.

When you go to wal-mart are you viscerally aware and resentful that people can look at you?
looking is one thing but to be able to rewatch and share everything you do and did is another thing.
"Now all that's left is for you getting on your knees."
if you know thanks me:) i'm dying to find out x'D
"
alhazred70 wrote:

When you go to wal-mart are you viscerally aware and resentful that people can look at you?

When I pay to go somewhere, be it an event, a movie, a dinner, etc. you are damn right that I am viscerally aware and resentful of people videotaping me! Of COURSE in public spaces there may be people videotaping and capturing you, but this ISN'T a public space, it is a PAID event. There is a WORLD of difference between ExileCon and a public park...

And as I said...GGG can put on their own official stream so no one misses things. Why do you have to rely on a random stranger? They spend so much time and energy and staff organizing this event, they can't organize their own media?

Plus, there is a huge amount of "streamers" that are basically young children that don't give a damn about these codes of conduct and will do whatever they want. They care about viewers and will videotape anything that will get them more views, regardless of rules. There's no way GGG can staff enough people to police this...

Better to just outright ban streaming, have a team monitoring unauthorized streams online, and release their own stream for the outside public to enjoy that is guaranteed to comply with their rules and the general laws of the state.

Furthermore, this has nothing to do with what anyone else cares about (that is the streamer mentality). All that matters is what I care about, and I don't want to be streamed at an event that I paid for unless I'm aware of it. I'm sure I'm not the only one. There is something fundamentally different from tourists taking single videos and pictures, and a streamer videotaping EVERYTHING and having it immediately accessible and uploaded to the entire net.

Last edited by jsuslak313 on Jul 19, 2023, 5:20:18 PM
Take notes quin69
"
jsuslak313 wrote:

Furthermore, this has nothing to do with what anyone else cares about (that is the streamer mentality). All that matters is what I care about,

Setting aside for a moment that you're fundamentally incorrect (it has everything to do with what other people care about viewers, streamers, and most importantly what GGG cares about); I'm really trying hard to give you some benefit of the doubt, so can you explain this a little more? This seems like an extremely self centered (to the exclusion of everyone else including the event runner) viewpoint but at the same time I want to believe that almost no one actually thinks they are the only person who matters and they don't have to live in a society but rather that the world exists to cater to their personal needs.

Still you state it in very explicit terms.

I'm going to guess MASSIVELY more people will watch Quin's IRL than will even be AT THE EVENT, let alone whatever tiny number of people feel entitled to go to an event and not be seen or filmed in passing.

"
jsuslak313 wrote:

and I don't want to be streamed at an event that I paid for unless I'm aware of it.

You don't want to be streamed incidentally at an event thats filled with streamers intended to publicize and widely promote something. it will be filmed by GGG themselves as well; not to mention countless thousands of phone videos. It doesn't seem very reasonable to expect the world to shut down its cameras because you might walk past.

It especially doesn't seem reasonable to insist that many other people not get live streams from a cool event they may be looking forward to seeing IRL viewpoints of... So that there's no risk of someones (out of focus in passing) face briefly being in a few frames of a vod for 30 days, when almost no one else will know or care.

Again, I'll bet Quin's IRL does multiple times more viewers than go to the event, you want all those people to miss out on a personalized viewpoint of their favorite (or most hated in some cases) streamer because someone no one will even notice doesn't like the idea of being recorded?

And this doesn't seem a little ... unreasonable?
"only 10% of players care about melee" - Aesop's Fox if he was a GGG dev
"when you die in this game, typically you're getting one shot, you're dieing in one frame; almost always" -Ben_

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info