POE release date? D4 developers can suck it.

POE2 is looking crazy good in every way.

So disgusted with myself for wasting money on those developers.
Last bumped on Jun 15, 2023, 5:05:35 PM
Beta date is announced at exilecon
"
imanubcake wrote:
Beta date is announced at exilecon

Can't wait!
LOL POE2 is not anew game you know that right? Most of it is in POE right now sept new acts? Visuals Sound all are here.
"
LOL POE2 is not anew game you know that right? Most of it is in POE right now sept new acts? Visuals Sound all are here.

I agree that PoE 2 isn't a new game, but visuals and sound are not the same. You might not be breathtaken by the new teasers, but it's pretty clear that both sounds and visuals have been very improved - as well as a lot of mechanics.

As others have said; release date will (probably) be announced at ExileCon, and I actually think we're talking 2023 here, at least for the beta.

Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
Last edited by Phrazz on Jun 14, 2023, 11:38:10 PM
Honestly, Diablo 4 is a perfect ARPG beginner game. It will lure a lot of new players into the genre and a % of those will want something more – they will go for PoE 2.
Danskere: PM mig, hvis I har brug for en guild.
"
ongZ wrote:
Honestly, Diablo 4 is a perfect ARPG beginner game. It will lure a lot of new players into the genre and a % of those will want something more – they will go for PoE 2.

This does seem to be GGG's approach and hope -- but I think DIV is so simple unless they similarly simplify PoE 4.0 to a point that might piss off stalwart Exiles I don't see it happening. I am far from a beginner when it comes to ARPGs and am perfectly happy with what DIV offers. "Beginner" is not the same as "casual"; plenty of veterans are either chronically casual OR have developed lifestyle changes that render them such. I know a lot more D1 and D2 vets who enjoy DIV more than they ever did PoE, assuming they even tried the latter given its strong anti-casual image.

So we will see. All I know and believe right now is both games know their target audience and the Venn diagram isn't even close to a single circle.
The name says it all.
"

New 7 act campaign, 19 new ascendancy classes, possible unique ascendancy player models, new skills, new gem system and a multitude of other changes.

It's as new a game as any other sequal, the only difference is GGG are not looking to shaft the player base by making us buy all our MTX again. Unlike for example Blizzard.
Last edited by MadMossy on Jun 15, 2023, 3:59:31 AM
"
MadMossy wrote:
the only difference is GGG are not looking to shaft the player base by making us buy all our MTX again. Unlike for example Blizzard.

I'm actually really surprised by that even given the amount of goodwill they generated over the years with me. Let's not forget Tencent owns 86%+ of GGG.

So I'm really thankful that among all the garbage devs and publishers at least we aren't getting the shaft. They earned my support for sure.
IGN: Interloper
"
MadMossy wrote:
"

New 7 act campaign, 19 new ascendancy classes, possible unique ascendancy player models, new skills, new gem system and a multitude of other changes.

It's as new a game as any other sequal, the only difference is GGG are not looking to shaft the player base by making us buy all our MTX again. Unlike for example Blizzard.

I have bought no mtxes for any Blizzard game ever and I don't plan to so no idea what you are on about here.

If anything, it is due to its utter reliance on mtxes that Path of Exile CANNOT have a true sequel. It would be prohibitively expensive to convert every single mtx from Path of Exile to a completely new game. To view this as some sort of gift or blessing is...odd indeed. Exiles are being denied the very best version of Path of Exile 2 GGG could make because of existing mtxes -- that is no cause to celebrate.

I know this because there are features in Path of Exile 4.0 that the devs "would have put into a sequel if they could ever make one". So a senior dev told me once long ago.

By all means, look forward to what's coming because I have no doubt it'll be absolutely awesome for Exiles. Just don't allow yourself the comforting delusion that it is the sequel to Path of Exile GGG should have made had they been free to do so.

The name says it all.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info