I bought 100euro Diablo4 so you won't have to. Don't.

I honestly was just bored and still had a small glimpse of a hope that this game is somewhat good to sink my time while i wait for a new league of PoE of Tarkov wipe.

It's not worth even 70 euros, this is not serious. PoE is like a God comparing to D4 as a smol ant

Of 100% of my time played in D4 - 30% are cringe "stand while we NPC's talk to ea other", 10% are cinematics cuz u skip them, 40% are "run from X to Y because WoW-like cringe quests", and 20% are killing stuff that drop garbage loot

First character WT2, HC, 1st try on every boss and lilith - no sweat whatsoever, the only struggle is that bossing is SLOW AF

If i were you i would just watch youtubers play and then say "i played D4"

The game is all about kindergarden casuals who like amazing cinematics and "a walk in the park".

No crafting
No good endgame
No interesting mechanics
Slow

The only thing that is great are graphics and cinematics

An appeal to casual wannabe-gamers whos famous words are "i dont have time"

Don't make my mistake, just wait for a new PoE league. I didn't have the patience and i've paid a price
Last bumped on Jun 7, 2023, 2:30:04 PM
hoho blizzard got them butter fingers.
-Official Forum Dweller-
-I started the hoho movement-
-Exploit Early - Exploit Often-
-Moderators are absurd and OP-
"
shadowthedead wrote:
I honestly was just bored and still had a small glimpse of a hope that this game is somewhat good to sink my time while i wait for a new league of PoE of Tarkov wipe.

It's not worth even 70 euros, this is not serious. PoE is like a God comparing to D4 as a smol ant

Of 100% of my time played in D4 - 30% are cringe "stand while we NPC's talk to ea other", 10% are cinematics cuz u skip them, 40% are "run from X to Y because WoW-like cringe quests", and 20% are killing stuff that drop garbage loot

First character WT2, HC, 1st try on every boss and lilith - no sweat whatsoever, the only struggle is that bossing is SLOW AF

The game is all about kindergarden casuals who like amazing cinematics and "a walk in the park".

No crafting
No good endgame
No interesting mechanics
Slow

Don't make my mistake, just wait for a new PoE league. I didn't have the patience and i've paid a price

Poe is not the most popular Arpg anymore, get over it. D4 is for people who have a life.
Last edited by Faceman165 on Jun 5, 2023, 7:50:45 AM
"
Faceman165 wrote:
"
shadowthedead wrote:

No crafting
No good endgame
No interesting mechanics
Slow

Poe is not the most popular Arpg anymore, get over it.

"Popularity is for dolls" — Ralph Waldo Emerson =^[.]^=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
"
shadowthedead wrote:
Spoiler

Spoiler

No crafting
No good endgame
No interesting mechanics
Slow

That's what i did. Saved me 70$.

The beta weekends + Server Slam event gave me already the majority of gameplay at level 20/25 , that the current EA players experience at level 70+. The same shite but bigger numbers (WT 4 instead of 2 & bigger scaled dungeons in the same layouts/assets & bosses).
Masterpiece of 3.16 lore
"A mysterious figure appears out of nowhere, trying to escape from something you can't see. She hands you a rusty-looking device called the Blood Crucible and urges you to implant it into your body."

Only usable with Ethanol Flasks
I also played it, so my experience:
1) I found the campaign highly entertaining. Side quests often have nice stories too, and overall the interaction with the world is great.

2) Group play is phenomenal. It's the first time in an ARPG that I wish the game had an integrated group finder

3) End game is lacking purpose, mostly because:

3.1) the chase items are there in the form of the endgame uniques, but there isn't a way to target farm them and they're untradeable, so aiming to make a build around a cool unique doesn't work because one cannot guarantee he will ever get that unique. The game badly needs location-specific unique splinters (divination cards) - the reason running 1000 defiled cathedrals is fun is because it drops the apothecary, and D4 really misses that.

3.2) there are too few progression systems - paragon boards are cute but that's not enough, and chasing higher tier dungeon sigils gets old fast, especially since there aren't any specific unique bosses later in them (there's a shadow of Lilith final boss, but that's not really new). There is a hint of this in the capstone dungeons, which are great, but after the second capstone dungeon, there really isn't much to progress through, which makes the endgame loop boring.

The endgame problem will depend on the first season - if it comes with a league mechanic + league challenge track to progress through that will solve the problem, as PoE without leagues has the same 3.2 problem for me.
"
Faceman165 wrote:
"
shadowthedead wrote:

No crafting
No good endgame
No interesting mechanics
Slow

Poe is not the most popular Arpg anymore, get over it. D4 is for people who have a life.

D4 is for people who do not want to put effort
What kind of life do you have if you can't give a few hours a day to the thing you enjoy?

I literally do not understand the meaning of "i have a life so i cant play PoE"

...I have a life too?
I'm working fulltime for like 10 years already, taking care of my mother and have a wife. We go out often enough to not call me "a home rat", but i always find 2-3 hours at least to play my beloved PoE (HC or SSFHC or ruthlessHCSSF)

It's about balance. Statistically, i'm sure, people just can't balance out their lives

I'm not talking about business men with 2-3 kids and all that stuff, i mean the "ordinary guys"

People say "i have a life i cant play much" yet they freaking watch netflix series spending hundreds of hours watching some garbonzo, LOL
poe and d4 are both fruit, one is an apple one is an orange.

simple as that.

i m currently enjoying my time in D4.
[Removed by Support]
"
shadowthedead wrote:
What kind of life do you have if you can't give a few hours a day to the thing you enjoy?

People say "i have a life i cant play much" yet they freaking watch netflix series spending hundreds of hours watching some garbonzo, LOL

Aren't they doing exactly that ? What "they enjoy" ? Keyword THEY or WE. Not YOU. Isn't that the point of saying what everybody thinks ? To share THEIR viewpoint ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68ugkg9RePc
(this belongs to the above section of text and not the below section of text and it might be completely unrelated. BECAUSE I WANT TO)

I saw a video of ryukahr's of D4 and i'm really stoked by the fact, that there are people in an open world.

And unlike you i am also extremely uninterested in the cutscenes.

Now i'm going back to watching meme museum at Empyriangaming. so worth my time :) don't even have to give AF about PoE
Last edited by Blubbey on Jun 6, 2023, 3:03:15 AM
In my opinion D4 being casual friendly is not really a bad thing. Not every game has to be on Path of Exile's level.

Aside from a few mediocre elements, the only issue with D4 that I can really insist on is the price and the whole MTX/Battle pass thing.

If it were 30$ with MTX, battle pass, or 60$ without MTX, battle pass; then I'd have had no real issue with it. 70 to 100 dollars and MTX on top is simply an insult.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info