top 5 worst leagues in poe history

Archnemesis
Metamorph
Delirium
Sentinel
Expedition

Big nerf leagues and just meh content expansions.

Not a huge fan of war for the atlas or the implementation atlas passive tree. They keep adding to the grind in ways that aren't fun for me.

Delirium because of bugs and how hard it is to balance around cluster jewels. Hate those stupid things.

I did skip Prophecy, Bestiary and Archnemesis, I guess I managed to predict what was going to be awful, but here is my top 5 of the ones I did play :

1. Warbands
2. Talisman
3. Torment
4. Bloodlines
5. Perandus
These are all ancient, even hard to compare to 'recent' ones.

Tempest
Beyond
Delirium
Kalandra
Scourge
We tested it extensively
I play since legion, so it will be based after it.

1- Expedition (Only league i quit to play, two meta builds, potions annoying to use, i'm ok with nerfs on character power and slow down but the game being so fast not followed that)
2- Kalandra (Only good thing of this league was the challenge reward, also quit but later, i like making rares more meaning in terms of defensive aspect, but combined with damage and speed was a bad design imo)
3- Crucible (Intersting idea but timidly implemented, i dont know why ggg so afraid to 'break the game' in temporary leagues, no reason not dropping loot, no reason not being able to use on uniques, i still up to the idea of inserting a passive tree not only in weapons but every piece of gear, the mechanic who does that just need to be more fun)
4- Scourge ( extremely fun mechanic, pathetic reward, i think i got absolutely nothing worth it the entire league, again ggg acting timidly when implementing power).
5- Heist ( My least favourite, i didnt like the mechanic at first glance but now i think its a good mechanic to have in the game, a new way to play poe when ur bored from the usual one, the production on it was great and well made anyway)
Everything after loot cull. Dull/lootless leagues in general.
kalandra
archnemesis
blight
synthesis
crucible

most of those leagues suffer alot of the classic tggg issue that they on purpose do it every some leagues.. risk vs reward along with insane amount of tedium to manage (synthesis)

I could add harvest on the list since it was like synthesis but with better rewards.
"Parade your victories, hide your defeats. Mortals are so insecure."

Once you break the cycle of fear no angels or demons can whisper you their sweet nothing words.

Retired since crucible.(Not a free tester anymore for a multi billion dollar company).
I'm guessing you don't include the 1.x releases. They were quite limited.

If not then:

1. Bloodlines (Phylacteral Link anyone?)
2. Rampage (Kill Counter)
3. Domination (Shrines....just shrines)
4. Synthesis (Tetris with pieces you can't rotate)
5. Blight (It has since grown on me)

Torment deserves a special callout as well. If I were to swap one in, that would be it.
Last edited by Nubatron on Jun 5, 2023, 1:22:24 PM
1: Synthesis
2: Archnemesis
3: Bloodlines/Nemesis (Plink/Soul Eater)
4: Legacy (CRASH LEAGUE GALORE!)
5: Kalandra.

Special shoutouts to warbands, beyond, ultimatum, talisman (worst ever!) & Metamorph.
a lot of dislike for synthesis, Does anyone dislike it for its actual primary mechanic or was the building of paths too much?

It broke my heart to see it go when it was one of the best patches for us in a long time, it ate items and that included high-end ones, it was an economy cleanser.
Innocence forgives you
Last edited by SilentSymphony on Jun 5, 2023, 2:25:09 PM
"
a lot of dislike for synthesis, Does anyone dislike it for its actual primary mechanic or was the building of paths too much?

It broke my heart to see it go when it was one of the best patches for us in a long time, it ate items and that included high-end ones, it was an economy cleanser.

I can't speak for everyone else, but the micromanagement of the synthesis map with a tiny storage of tetris pieces that you couldn't rotate was extremely aggravating. That is one of the few leagues I pulled the plug early on.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info