PC servers are restarting in:
They should be back up in approximately .
Xbox servers are restarting in:
Sony servers are restarting in:

What's your least favorite or worst map mod?

So I ran into the worst mod I've ever seen on a map today. I always thought reflect and no regen was the two worst. But today I had just a what looked to be very easy to do map with no dangerous mods end up being worse than any single mod I have ever had before.

The map had "Players have 78% less recovery of life and energy shield". It also had area is inhabited by Kitava cultist. I was thinking no problem I got flask, I don't need to worry about my regen. Literally the only negative mod here is the less recovery mod.

I don't know what he heck is going on with this mod but I would use a flask and nearly lose life. I would sit there and watch my flask disappear. They basically did not heal anything. It was taking me 2 full life flask to not die, and I still had to run. I had no idea that it would also degen my flask as well as my actual regen.

I would get hit by some mob and I swear for nearly 15 seconds I was left in a negative degen state. I have no idea why this mod is so hard to deal with. I got 4.2k HP 80% armor and nearly every hit from a rare almost killed me. I even had some gigantic spider thing that I never saw before in a blight (looked like it had green egg sacks on it), just degened me to death from another room, I was not even in the same room and it killed me. I ended up just saying F this and left the map. I think by far this was the least fun mod I have ever seen. I can find no way to counter it without having a very specific high regen build.

So what have you found to be the worst mod on a map to deal with?
Last bumped on May 29, 2023, 4:35:24 AM
When i get that mod , i bring 2-3 blood of the Karui Sanctified life flasks , with me .
I can deal with any map mod, but the following are simply ANNOYING. It's not challenging, it's f***ing annoying.

- Cannot Leech
- Mobs have 70-90% chance to avoid ailments

Oh by the way, an easy way to deal with less recovery mods is to obtain some form of life recovered on kill. On the shadow side, there's a nice passive that gives 2% life recovered on kill. The syndicate flask also gives this mod.
Last edited by HwtChirino on May 22, 2023, 7:32:33 PM
any of the ground mods burning, desecrated ground etc.
I started the hoho movement.

Moderators are absurd.
I guess it depends on the build. Maybe not the worst, but I find curses incredibly annoying and I usually scour if I get more than 2 or a combo like vulnerability/ele weakness.
x% life as extra ES - unless playing something with chaos damage.
Bird lover of Wraeclast
Las estrellas te iluminan - Hoy te sirven de guía
Te sientes tan fuerte que piensas - que nadie te puede tocar
"
xPiranha wrote:
any of the ground mods burning, desecrated ground etc.

what he said
Avoid elemental ailments with increased effect to the point where it hits 90%+. This modifier by itself is the reason why I never play ignite builds.

All other modifiers are fine. I can build around them, outgear or counter them somehow.
Or you can use regex when rolling your maps, to avoid the annoying mods: https://poe.re/#/maps

Usually I can do all mods, but some of them require adjustments which I prefer not to do (eg. swap a ring for reflect maps, swap a flask for less recovery rate, use an aura less for no-leech, etc). Using regex when rolling the maps is a bit more efficient.
no regen.

disables life regen as a defense... doable(even for RF builds... just run as a trapper) but annoying.

problem comes down to mana... if you aren't a 0 cost or EB build... if you don't run a mana flask(I am not going to gimp defenses for a map mod)... gets old having to go back to hideout on builds reliant on leech... oops I clicked in the wrong direction, out of mana, nothing hit to leech, cant auto attack because of builds(think explosive/poisonous conc.)

this is the ONE mod I never run if I can avoid it... hell I even do less life recover as RF

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info