Exilecon Qualifiers

"
Strickl3r wrote:
Yesterday's incident banworthy what do you think?

Someone wins a ticket, participates in the next race anyways with the name of a fellow racer that has yet to win a ticket. It makes the race look like a joke and encourages everybody to troll as much as they can to get attention.

I don't know who that guraste guy is who quit the game because of this troll and he probably has a bad mindset, but a guy that is already qualified pissing on other players shoes that way, wow.

Look at him when he wins how much emotions he has and then he does sth like this completely disrepecting any other player who might have the same ambition. Not a good player to represent the community on a stage, imo.

who are you talking about?
Winner of the sceond race was Iamexile. He named himself keldorn_racer and paticipated again in the third race. He won again, so the ticket goes to the second place.
The actual Keldorn was behind in the race and had no shot at winning. But when the message came "Keldorn_racer is the first person to enter rooftop cathedral" the player Guraste, who was at that time the closest behind, quit the game, because he thought the race is done and the ticket goes to Keldorn.
It would have been a foto finish between 2 players most likely.
Quitting when you can't win anymore is common in chess for example, so if only the first place gets a ticket that is sth you might consider if you only play for the win...
So one could argue the guy who already won a ticket interfered big time on the result who will also win a ticket.
Ban ? Nah trolling, joking, toxicity, bad taste or even elaborated mind games - entertaining gamers community. And Guraste most certainly knew the name was fake and he logout because he lost. The incident creates drama, controversy, speculation, its all good, good for killing boredom. Or maybe im wrong and Guraste is now absolutely devastated because he missed his opportunity to qualify and was played out. Who knows.
Or maybe a moderate penalty would be in order? Let him start with 1 min delay on stage at exilcon for unsportsmanlike behavior in the race.

Havoc who actually won the ticket yesterday did not know btw and thought he lost to Keldorn. Just saying...

With "ban" i mean disqualification obv, in case that is not clear btw
Already qualified racers being able to compete was known to everyone, meaning everyone knew that someone reaching the finish line might not matter and that they should ignore it. Restrictions on character names were known to everyone and didn't say anything about including other racers' account names.
Psychological pressure is a big part of any competition, and dealing with it is a part of the challenge.

Olympic athletes don't give up and dramatically walk off the race track as soon as they think the first person has reached the final stretch. Anyone can falter at the last second.

And specifically here, assuming that the race is over as soon as someone reaches the Cathedral Rooftop is naive at best. There are Kitava's Heralds, Wailing Widows, maybe empowered by shrines, some crazy ArchNemesis mod combo you can encounter, and then the final fight with Kitava... so many opportunities to rip there, especially when stressed out, and on an under-leveled and under-geared character.
That's why staying on their heels all the time, never giving them a moment to rest, and pushing them to overreach, is a completely valid tactic.

In PoE, you never ever know what can happen. Never quit until the race has officially been called.
Last edited by GregoryAdams on May 19, 2023, 10:15:54 AM
imExile was far enough ahead he could have died 2 times to kitava an still be 1st. Because of the name confusion we did not get to see his early game but I assume he was running fairly reckless with nothing on line for him. The other guy probably should have just finished, but in truth with as much practice as they do he knew there was no shot to catch up. Shame it was a shaping up to be a good finish.
If you play POE expecting integrity in anything you're doing it wrong.
Exile has said as much that he knew it could happen but was not guaranteed. For being a glorified practice run for Exile its just griefing or unsportsmanlike conduct to attempt to take out future competition in a qualifier.
NO WAY in HELL GGG is gonna release POE 2 content for a race to be at the reveal of the game. If you don't like it don't watch - I haven't watched any races and don't feel like I missed anything.
I've lost control of the controls...
Jesus take the wheel"
RAizQT during Kammel HC race
"
feydh wrote:
The incident creates drama, controversy, speculation, its all good, good for killing boredom

The player who did this should be banned from future events. It is very unsportsmanlike and should not have been allowed in the first place. To name yourself as another racer, is trolling, and shows the true character of that person. Someone like that has no business being allowed to represent a videogame anywhere. I hope GGG takes action and removes them from the event entirely.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info