Are poe ninja build guides false ?

There are builds there with stuff like 5 watcher's eyes, so yeah, don't trust everything you see in there.
Look up cassie's arc inquisitor :)
Prejudice is a burden that confuses the past, threatens the future, and renders the present inaccessible.
Most build guides are written with the expectation that the reader is very experienced at PoE.

Few guides are written specifically for newbies.

I write build guides for newbies.

My current guide is for Skeleton Mage Necromancer

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3351307

Check it out.
"
Odif wrote:
Most build guides are written with the expectation that the reader is very experienced at PoE.

Few guides are written specifically for newbies.

I write build guides for newbies.

My current guide is for Skeleton Mage Necromancer

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3351307

Check it out.

I don't concider myself as a noob but also I'm no expert. So I'm a in between type of player 😂

Thanks.... I will have a look 👍
"
bauermayers wrote:
There are builds there with stuff like 5 watcher's eyes, so yeah, don't trust everything you see in there.

Thanks and will do 👍
"
R3b00t wrote:
I would also often take a look at SSF builds or even HC SSF builds because they can't group or aurabot to get to a higher level. And the latter pretty much don't die at all. And if you are a trade player it will be easy to get better gear than they have.

Also you are looking for Pohx not poex. He even has its own wiki for RF builds.
https://www.pohx.net/

Thanks I will have a look 👍
PoE ninja is fine if you know what you are doing. Just look through the build in PoB and uncheck all the bullshit to get a real sense of how it performs.
ProbablyGettingNerfed - L100 Occultist
Vinktarded - L100 Pathfinder
GoogleDiversityHire - L100 Necromancer

3.13 was the pinnacle of PoE. IVYS+1 Gang 4 Life.
"
Baharoth15 wrote:
POE Ninja, while always heralded by clueless people as the perfect representation of "the meta" and what builds are good, is honestly just plain bullshit for the most part

Mostly this!

PoE Ninja is an OK tool for wide statistics, economy changes and a good place for certain ideas when looking for some creativity. But as a source for builds? No, no, no. ALWAYS take the numbers shown on PoE Ninja with a pinch of salt. There are FAR better sources for builds out there. If you're a completely new player, the forums and guilds are good places to start. If you have some meat on your legs, Maxroll is a very good place.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
The trick to using PoENinja to find builds is to set the time filter to early days of the league, up to the end of week one - people troll on poe.ninja, but not early when they rush throuhg the build-up, so the characters are legit.

Also, builds that require an endgame item or two to work aren't a thing in the first week, and 5-ways leveling isn't all that accessible in the first few days either, so whatever build you find on the day 3 ladder is with a very high probability legit, and farmed itself from 0 to that point.
"
Xyel wrote:
The trick to using PoENinja to find builds is to set the time filter to early days of the league, up to the end of week one - people troll on poe.ninja, but not early when they rush throuhg the build-up, so the characters are legit.

Also, builds that require an endgame item or two to work aren't a thing in the first week, and 5-ways leveling isn't all that accessible in the first few days either, so whatever build you find on the day 3 ladder is with a very high probability legit, and farmed itself from 0 to that point.

I would like to disagree on this, as Poe.ninja does not account for group play, aura-bots or even the content the build runs. For example: Heisting is still one of the stronger farming methods with a very certain set of requirements in terms of gear, defenses and offenses. A char that is surviving in Heist can easily get wrecked when Mapping, especially when taking Altars into consideration. Going even further: Take some blaster who leveled in group and on 90 respecced in some Ele Hit Raider to just farm Essences on T1 Map to print currency. While this is a perfectly viable strategy it sais nothing about that chars performance in higher-tier maps. So I really would go with a suggestion already made in this thread, that is going with SSF or even HC-SSF-Ladders, at least until you have the experience to see through the bullshit.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info