Are poe ninja build guides false ?

Hi Fellow Exiles....

I have tried many builds and found that most of them don't work. I noticed that most players where using Righteous fire builds, so I thought I would give it a go. I did a elementalist version as I already had one at level 90. I pretty much followed the build as it said and despite this I kept getting one shot :( I spent around 40 divines on the build so it wasn't cheap. My rez stats are....

45k armour with flasks
90% fire rez
84% cold rez
84% ligt rez
83 pys reduction

So is it just me or are most build guides a waste of time and money ?

Last bumped on May 12, 2023, 5:31:38 AM
poe ninja turn on all aura gem even meaning the mana reservation is 200 or 300% of the mana

It always a joke that those lv100 player trolling other people
This is the start of forum signature: I am not a GGG employee. About the username: Did you know Kowloon Gundam is made in Neo Hong Kong?

quote from the first page: "Please post one thread per issue, and check the forum for similar posts first"

This is the end of forum signature
I see... I was wondering how on hell they get so many auras lol. I guess it's only the youtubers with loads of mirrors that can get to level 100 and never die lol
"
cove1974 wrote:
I see... I was wondering how on hell they get so many auras lol. I guess it's only the youtubers with loads of mirrors that can get to level 100 and never die lol

I you want to play RF, you follow the guides from the streamer Phoex.
His builds are real and working.
POE Ninja, while always heralded by clueless people as the perfect representation of "the meta" and what builds are good, is honestly just plain bullshit for the most part.

Aside from the aura stacking which was already mentioned, there is the general fact that POE Ninja is based on level, the builds that make it there early in the league are typcially fast clear builds that aren't neccessarily good at anything else aside from t16 mapping.

When you sort it by DPS, what most people do, you'll also end up with tons of shit builds that have nothing but DPS, running around with uncapped resis and sub 3k life despite having mageblood.

There is also bullshit like Boneshatter where the trauma stacks are only calculated using duration and attack speed, it doesn't care whether the build can actually survive that many stacks so the DPS is a plain lie, never mind building up that many stacks against difficult content.

You can find actual good builds on POE ninja, if you search long enough and know what to look for. But if you know what to look for you may as well go and make your own build, no need for a guide there.

As for your build issues, if you link your POB and tell us what content caused problems i am sure you can find help here. The stats posted don't sound bad in general.
before you take builds from ninja, import the build into PoB and make a short sanity check in order to prevent from trolls.

Otherwise, take a look out for builds (like here in the forum) that are actively maintained by the author. That would mean another layer of troll protection.

Besides that, always keep in mind: If something looks to good to be true, it possibly isn't.
You say Prison Cell, I hear 'Holiday'.
"
HanSoloDK wrote:
"
cove1974 wrote:

I you want to play RF, you follow the guides from the streamer Phoex.
His builds are real and working.

I will have a look thanks
THanks all :)
"
neohongkong wrote:
poe ninja turn on all aura gem even meaning the mana reservation is 200 or 300% of the mana

It always a joke that those lv100 player trolling other people

And it doesn't factor the aura bot(s) used to get those builds to their top tier so fast...
Patch Notes 3.15:
Fixed a bug where players believed the game was playable. This has been corrected and made retroactive.
Patch Notes 3.19:
Fixed a bug where players adapted to 3.15. This bug cannot be corrected, so we have implemented a 90% reduction in item access as a punishment.
I would also often take a look at SSF builds or even HC SSF builds because they can't group or aurabot to get to a higher level. And the latter pretty much don't die at all. And if you are a trade player it will be easy to get better gear than they have.

Also you are looking for Pohx not poex. He even has its own wiki for RF builds.
https://www.pohx.net/

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info