Race Season Two Announced!

"
Gulruon wrote:
Spoiler
So--just a disclaimer, I am a relative noob and didn't really get to do much in season one. It may be this is the same as season one, in which case I am rehashing old info. If so, I apologize.

I am not sure how it is in other countries, but in the United States, working professionals often work from around 9:00 a.m. to around 5:00 p.m. with some commute time on either end; I personally work those hours with a one hour commute on either end, but that time will vary on a case-by-case basis.

I also want to preface this by saying I am not a "casual"; I spent a LOT of my free time gaming, and I don't feel the need to be hand-held or catered to. I personally have a good job that takes a decent amount of my time and that I need in order to make my way in life, but that doesn't mean I resent people who can play games more than me. I understand that people can play 3-4 times as much as me on a weekday and am ok with that.

The reason this is relevant is it looks like there are seven "timeslots" that races can fall in to; in Pacific Standard Time, they are 12:00 a.m., 3:00 a.m, 5:00 a.m., 7:00 a.m., 10:00 a.m., 2:00 p.m., and 8:00 p.m. The problem, in a nutshell, is that these times don't have an even distribution. As someone with the "standard" U.S. workday I described above, and who understands the health perils of severe sleep deprivation, the only race slot I will EVER have the potential to do on a weekday is the 8:00 p.m. one. This isn't just an issue for someone on the West Coast of the U.S either; someone on the East Coast with the same schedule would have it even worse, as the slot that is 2:00 p.m. for me would be 5:00 p.m. for them (when they are getting off work and still have to go through their commute) and the slot that is 8:00 p.m. for me would be 11:00 p.m. for them (which if it is longer than say an hour, would seriously cut into their sleeping time.)

Not only that, but there isn't even an 8:00 p.m. race on a large majority of the days. Only 8 out of 14 of the announced days (not counting the days for in-between seasons) have a race at that time.

The reason for this is the extremely uneven distribution of events. Someone in a timezone eight hours before the Pacific Coast with the same schedule as me would have three race-slots in their "strike zone": 7:00 p.m., 9:00 p.m., and 11:00 p.m. Not only that, but they are GUARANTEED minimum one race a day, and have two more than not.

Basically, as I stated at the start: I know some people have more free time than me, and will be able to race more than me. That's a fact of life, and there's not much GGG can do about it. I am totally cool with someone who has 3-4 times the free time participating in 3-4 times the races.

What strikes me as odd is that someone who plays the EXACT SAME AMOUNT OF TIME as me at the EXACT SAME LOCAL TIMES as me gets the chance to participate in 2-3 times as many races as me simply because they happen to live in a different timezone. Now, again, I didn't participate in season one, and the announcement mention more races for people in New Zealand and Australia, so maybe it was skewed the other way around last season. Even in that case, reversing who is getting screwed doesn't seem like the optimal solution; I would think making the races evenly distributed over the major gameplay timezones would seem to be the best, not simply changing who gets the short end of the stick.

Just my two cents on this matter, take it like you will.

TLDR: 'Mericans are screwed this season :(

fellow PDT time zone here. I mentioned this too but I really feel this needs reiterated. Since prize awarding is now automatic that 2 hour interval and 6 hour interval between races really need to be flattened out for even races for everyone.
You expect me to act as something I'm not? I picked this name for a reason.
Glad to hear guys! Thank you GGG!
Our translation for Russian community.

Приветствую друзья!
Перевод для тех, кто ничего не понял :)

Spoiler
Наш первый сезон гонок был поистине успешным. Мы получили отличные отзывы от членов сообщества и смогли продвинуться дальше, ко второму сезону, который должен стать лучше первого во всех отношениях. Новый сезон стартует уже на этой неделе с 20 апреля (по Новозеландскому времени) и продлиться до 2 июля. Просмотреть расписание второго сезона можно на ЭТОЙ странице. В данной теме я постараюсь объяснить в чем конкретно будет отличие нового сезона от прошедшего.

Если Вы забыли как работает сезон гонок, пожалуйста прочтите наше объявление относящиеся к первому сезону на ЭТОЙ странице.

Второй сезон охватывает гораздо больше количество временных зон. Игроки из Австралии и Новой Зеландии смогут приниматься участие в вечерних забегах! В общей сложности у нас будет около 260 забегов, напомню, что в первом сезоне у нас было проведено лишь 109 забегов.

Теперь у нас гораздо большие количество уникальных призов. Количество необходимых очков для получения первых сезонных призов было снижено (в первом сезоне мы начинали с 15 очков), но с увеличением общего количества призов, мы так же подняли верхнюю планку для набора очков (теперь у нас верхний порог насчитывает 1000 очков, а не 480 как в первом сезоне). В отличии от первого сезона, мы постарались выбрать такие призы, которые наращивают свою значимость от приза к призу. Хотя конечно на этом этапе мы и не включи в список призов всеми заветный Kaom's Heart, мы надеемся, что Вы найдете альтернативные образы уникальных призов очень значимыми и ценными, как только они перестанут быть доступны для получения.

В дополнение к уникальным призам которые Вы получаете при достижении очередного порога очков, теперь мы будем выдавать один из случайных уникальных призов за участие в каждой из гонок. Они будут выдаваться участникам каждой гонки случайным образом, основываясь на том, как много очков они смогли заработать. Игроки набравшие большие количество очков имеют большие шансы на получение особой награды, но любой, кто заработал хотя бы одно очко, так же имеет шанс на получение награды. Уточнение какие именно уникальные награды будут, а так же их количество, будет показано в каждой ветке форума относящийся к новому забегу. В набор наград войдут уникальные предметы из представленных ко второму сезону. В более поздних забегах мы вероятно будем выдавать некое количество уникальных предметов относящихся к высшим призам которые можно будет получить в этом сезоне. Прим. - здесь имеется ввиду общий призовой пул на второй сезон, который можно просмотреть на ЭТОЙ странице.

В этом сезоне мы так же будем запускать события которые мы назвали "Автографы". Для второго сезона, это будут 135 минутные соло забеги которые мы будем запускать приблизительно около 45 раз за сезон. В конце сезона мы объединим и подсчитываем получившиеся результаты по забегам данного типа. Затем мы возьмем ТОП 3 игроков по количеству достигнутого опыта в каждом из игровых классов и наградим их памятными призами Demigod's Triumph. Это означает, что рекорды по количеству полученного опыты которые Вы поставите в каждом из забегов подобного типа, в конечном счете, будут влиять на возможность получения Вами данного приза в конце сезона, если Ваши рекорды по прежнему будут оставаться в ТОП 3 в каждом из классов персонажей. Вполне возможно, что для вхождения в ТОП 3, Вам достаточно будет достичь максимального показателя количества заработанного опыта уже в первой гонке и не приниматься участие в последующих, но это при условии, что Ваш рекорд не будет побит на протяжении оставшихся. Это дает возможность людям, которые не принимают участие в большом количестве забегов продемонстрировать, что они лучше чем кто бы то ни было, и получить туже самую награду, что и победители второго сезона гонок. В зачет принимаются лучшие результаты по каждому классу игрока, так что они не смогут получить призы за 1 и второе место сразу играя за один и тот же класс.

Во втором сезоне у нас будут полюбившиеся многим типы забегов из первого сезона (такие как Ancestral leagues), но мы так же будем добавлять и новые типы гонок на протяжении всего сезона. Второй сезон содержит одно-недельные и одно-месячные забеги которые не накладываются, но все же пересекаются с другими событиями.

Наша цель во втором сезоне - это перебор как можно большего количество форматов и призов за участие в забегах, с возможностью получить призы без обязательного присутствия в каждом из забегов. В течении этого сезона мы реализуемые много новых типов забегов, которые будут запущены уже в третьем сезоне.

Во втором сезоне у нас будут те же самые Demigod's Triumph которыми мы награждали за победы в первом сезоне, но они будут содержать новые памятные надписи примечательные для второго сезона. Мы рассматриваем возможность заменить его новым предметов уже в третьем и четвертом сезонах.

По окончанию сезона, ТОП 20 игроков по заработанному опыту, получат альтернативные модели Demigod's Triumph. Все 135 минутные соло забеги в "Автограф" гонках, так же будут иметь своих ТОП 3 победителей в каждом из классов, так что игроки так же получат альтернативную модель Demigod's Triumph.

Уникальные предметы получат так же уникальную 3D модель в игре. Мы почти закончили с 3D моделями за первый сезон гонок. Некоторые из них Вы можете увидеть ЗДЕСЬ. Мы так же чуть позже добавим 3D модели и во втором сезоне, так что вы сможете купаться в лучах славы, когда возьмете их в своих руки.

График расписания забегов для второго сезона доступен на ЭТОЙ странице. Ладдер показывает позицию игроков в первом и втором сезоне.

Ссылка на объявление на официальном сайте - LINK
Aaron Ciccheli, a guy who made millions running Diablo and PoE RMT sites, owns a significant portion of GGG. How's that for a conflict of interest? 7.5% of your supporter pack money goes to this guy.
Still doesn't beat random currency rewards after races... These points are useless to me... I cannot make it to the races and neither I will ever be as good as those who spend 8h a day in PoE. And all I can ever hope for is this random chance of unique draw. Well the chances to get one this ways is as big as using a chance orb on an white item and hoping for a unique.

Still no motivation to participate in just few of those races... But you are heading in the right direction with the random draw tho.

I have faith in GGG to make the races appealing once again not just to the top players who constantly get prises.
"
Chris wrote:
At the end of the season, the top 20 players by experience will receive an alternate art Demigod's Triumph.

I don't understand this - by experience? Is it just an error that was meant to read "by points"?

"
Chris wrote:
A ladder showing the placings of players in Season One and Two is .

Not sure if intentionally left blank or...
Necropolis: 97
SC: 95 97 93 96 100 93 94 93 94 95 96 97 94 93 94
HC RIP: 94 96
Character archive: view-thread/963707
"
Chris wrote:
Season Two caters towards more timezones. Players in Australia and New Zealand now have evening events they can play! We'll be running a total of approximately 260 events, rather than the 109 in Season One.

Since it seems the events run more or less automated now, can you consider to adjust the race times a bit for us europeans? Since the change due DST here, 7pm is quite hard to manage, and 11pm nearly impossible for races >30 min (maybe >1hr for some others) before working days... [hint: 9pm would be a nearly perfect spot for many I talked to] ^^

As the announcements are for the first 2 weeks, its hard for me to calculate with more than ~4-5 events per week, considering that some event types additionally dont fit my preferences ;)

For the events amount: I guess the signature events are part of the 260? And hope they have their "own" rewards for participating each, along with the pool??

Prices look like a good and wise decision!
invited by timer @ 10.12.2011
--
deutsche Community: www.exiled.eu & ts.exiled.eu
Probably this post will be buried between tens of pages but as someone working full-time and living in the EET (GMT+3) timezone I will only have chance to enter maximum of 11 races on the weekdays throughout the season 2.

There is a huge 4 hour gap between 8PM - 12AM races, an additional 10PM races would be nice and greatly appreciated.

Edit:

"
Mr_Cee wrote:
Since it seems the events run more or less automated now, can you consider to adjust the race times a bit for us europeans? Since the change due DST here, 7pm is quite hard to manage, and 11pm nearly impossible for races >30 min (maybe >1hr for some others) before working days... [hint: 9pm would be a nearly perfect spot for many I talked to] ^^

9PM in your timezone is 10PM for me so also +1.
No longer a forum dweller, please use PM for contact purposes.
Last edited by ignarsoll on Apr 17, 2013, 3:40:56 AM
"
soulburn wrote:
Still doesn't beat random currency rewards after races... These points are useless to me... I cannot make it to the races and neither I will ever be as good as those who spend 8h a day in PoE. And all I can ever hope for is this random chance of unique draw. Well the chances to get one this ways is as big as using a chance orb on an white item and hoping for a unique.

Still no motivation to participate in just few of those races... But you are heading in the right direction with the random draw tho.

I have faith in GGG to make the races appealing once again not just to the top players who constantly get prises.

qft
360 points for most players and still I prefered currency rewards.
I want my own league where I can change tables, the skill tree and create own events. :(

Not a single CT race....
Why can't we get a race where CT phase starts after 30 or 60 min and all you do is try to knock out the higher ranked players.

Also why is the EU Zone clustered with that many Party races. Even better itemrewards and the high level area isn't worth the effort.

Imo those 1 week 1 months events should be changed to progression saved short races. 70% nolifing isn't something a normal person with a job can do.
I have to hope that somebody pulling a 70% online time during the 1 month race needs an ambulance so this nolifing format gets changed.

Also still no split ladder between solo and party.
Wow; U.S. East time zone + 8-5 Job = 11 PM is your only opportunity to race during the week. Very disappointing scheduling for those of us in the States. That six-hour gap in race times encompasses what would be the most popular playing times for those of us in the East. How about making some of those 11 PM start times 9 or 10 East instead? Or bump a few of the 5 pm starts to 7? Would really make a difference for those of us who work a typical 8-5 schedule.

Thanks.
"Experience is the best teacher,but there's only one seat in his classroom."
Play with honour and show some class - www.theAmazonBasin.com
Zarabeth - Level 89 Ranger
Wicked Wanda - Level 87 Witch
Xarabeth - Level 79 Scion
Last edited by OldeSchool on Apr 17, 2013, 5:20:10 AM
for people that work monday to friday its literally impossible to do more than a couple of races. oh well! i do like the idea of these races other than the fact theres no way for my to compete :D
Last edited by Jarvo on Apr 17, 2013, 4:53:37 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info