its easier to learn Music Theory than your "Crafting System"

Isn't a crafting system. Is a ridiculous pathetic slot machine.
Last edited by MildorDArkehn on May 6, 2023, 4:37:14 AM
"
Wladicorist1 wrote:
my problem with the Crafting System accured when i started crafting a +1 +1 Wand for my Poison Exsang Build...
at first i have to "google" and use third party tools to find out what the best way is to craft +1 and apparently there is a 4 socket fossil combo
which is like a 1 in 4 chance. To find that out the odds are kinda to 0.000
not only does the game not show me which mods i can "possibly" get when i craft
nowhere "in the game" there is a spreadsheet of what mods i can get on an item
(diablo3, wolcen have these tabs where they show what mods can appear when)

and i wont start a topic about how the timeless jewel seeds are a joke on its own
whats the seed suppose to tell me?

anyways... i got help from a friend and told him that there is no way i can remember all these steps towards a desired item craft
its seriously no fun and tedious to look up poedb or google other stuff
for knowledge
it is more likely for me to learn music theory within 2 years than learning this crafting system with so many possibilities

For stuff like this, Craft of Exile is an excelent start.
Besides that, +1 +1 wands are always a hell of a craft, especially if you aim for specific suffixes.
You say Prison Cell, I hear 'Holiday'.
"
Nubatron wrote:
I'm glad you found a mode that suits your needs.

Thanks! That's what makes the game pretty special. There are quite a few different ways to enjoy it.
If u are in trade:

Step 1: Accumulate some Currency. (This can be done in Heist or in yellow maps or whatever, if you are not rdy for red maps, yet)

Step 2: Buy a fractured base

Step 3: Use Essences

Not that complicated. You can also use Eldritch currency on your armour pieces, if you have 3 good suffixes for example. Get an exarch implicit with lesser ember. Now exarch is dominant. Slam Eldritch Chaos until you hit 2 good prefixes, including life usually. And craft the third prefix. Gravicius craft for example on Body Armour and Helmet. Et voila :)
"
Strickl3r wrote:
If u are in trade:

Step 1: Accumulate some Currency. (This can be done in Heist or in yellow maps or whatever, if you are not rdy for red maps, yet)

Step 2: Buy a fractured base

Step 3: Use Essences

Not that complicated. You can also use Eldritch currency on your armour pieces, if you have 3 good suffixes for example. Get an exarch implicit with lesser ember. Now exarch is dominant. Slam Eldritch Chaos until you hit 2 good prefixes, including life usually. And craft the third prefix. Gravicius craft for example on Body Armour and Helmet. Et voila :)

You just listed 4 steps that may or may not make any sense to a player, yet you claim it's "Not that complicated"
Only the 4th step might be confusing if op never bothered to read about eldritch currency. I mean it doesn't look like they just started to play. Obv there is a lot more to it, but that is a start.
besides fractured + essnce there is nothing to learn cause you dont have the currency to craft anyway ;) you think you can but you cant, metamod is 2 divine !

Last edited by SerialF on May 7, 2023, 12:53:15 PM
"
SerialF wrote:
besides fractured + essnce there is nothing to learn cause you dont have the currency to craft anyway ;) you think you can but you cant, metamod is 2 divine !

That is why i mentioned eldritch currency as a possible much cheaper alternative for armour pieces.

Also 2 divine metamod is often totally worth it. If u can't even afford the metamod how can you afford not crafting your own gear and buying it? It is much more expensive to buy stuff once you need the valuable mods like spell suppression, mana reserve on helmet etc. Not to mention a good weapon.(in a lot of cases at least)
Last edited by Strickl3r on May 7, 2023, 1:26:00 PM
"
SerialF wrote:

- fractured base
- spammed essences until 3 res
- metamod suffix can't change
- veiled chaos orb (57% chance for onslaught + ms)
GG

Invested in that boots like 3.5 div and would say, they are worth far more than that.
You say Prison Cell, I hear 'Holiday'.
it means with the 57% it s 5 div+ on average to craft at a minimum. and on a thousand player there would be 180 people that would not hit it ! so for them it would cost 7.5 div+ for one item. still, there are 8 items on a build so a build around at 50 div. and u used a fractured base.

i could find 7 div boots with the same mods a you on sale. so it s not that more expensive.
Last edited by SerialF on May 8, 2023, 5:46:44 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info