So frustrating :(

Hi,

The penalties are so frustrating when you play a lot of XP and then dies a few times in a boss is all gone :/

In the future I will only farm XP until I have reached 100 and then only make the high tier bosses or only when I have reached new level...

How do you do that?
Last bumped on May 5, 2023, 6:25:16 AM
Exactly as you said, only do content that has a high chance of killing you when you either just have leveled up or generally don't care about leveling at the moment. Personally i wouldn't recommend leveling to 100 unless you have another build to do difficult content while leveling the other.

The road to hundred is long if you don't abuse stuff like 5 ways and leveling gets really boring very quickly since you basically have play like a hardcore player in full pussy mode with no dangerous mods. If you don't have another character to do fun stuff along the way you'll likely lose motivation at some point.
Exactly currently I have only one char and this I wanted to level a bit that I get more power :/

Is my first season therefore still quite inexperienced.

Takes quite long for a Lvl.
a lot of people just do 5 ways before they even start playing the game. as soon as they finish kitava they do 5 ways until they hit 100. this is the best way. it avoids so much frustration with the constant xp loss

the downside is that its expensive so its not available for everyone
Last edited by Lyutsifer665 on Apr 30, 2023, 4:57:04 AM
"
Lyutsifer665 wrote:
a lot of people just do 5 ways before they even start playing the game. as soon as they finish kitava they do 5 ways until they hit 100. this is the best way. it avoids so much frustration with the constant xp loss

I play solo, so i dont think i can to that?
The only way actually is for me to run maps where i cant really die until i reach a new level.

PS. But i think a necromancer minion build was not the best choice to start :D
Yeah, reaching 100 isn't really supposed to be a walk in the park, and PoE isn't really a game where everyone is supposed to reach it. It's an optional goal. Or... It used to be, until GGG was [Removed by Me] enough to add level 100 as a challenge goal or 5-way carries.

What is most important to you; reaching that insignificant number, or have fun doing the content you want to be doing?
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
Last edited by Phrazz on Apr 30, 2023, 5:13:06 AM
"
Phrazz wrote:
Yeah, reaching 100 isn't really supposed to be a walk in the park, and PoE isn't really a game where everyone is supposed to reach it. It's an optional goal. Or... It used to be, until GGG was [Removed by Me] enough to add level 100 as a challenge goal or 5-way carries.

What is most important to you; reaching that insignificant number, or have fun doing the content you want to be doing?

Yes, but besides pushing gear (once you have almost everything) that's pretty much the only goal to get stronger.

The penalties I find too harsh, casual players have no chance here.

PS. maybe I should wait for Diablo :D although the game makes me here really fun.

Is there no other way to get XP faster?
"
DoNotAimAtM wrote:
"
Lyutsifer665 wrote:

The only way actually is for me to run maps where i cant really die until i reach a new level.

you are not SSF so you could do it,its just expensive. its also good when leveling a new char and cant be bothered to do it with low maps. i went from lvl 69 to 91 with just 3 runs.
"
Lyutsifer665 wrote:
"
DoNotAimAtM wrote:
"
Lyutsifer665 wrote:

you are not SSF so you could do it,its just expensive. its also good when leveling a new char and cant be bothered to do it with low maps. i went from lvl 69 to 91 with just 3 runs.

How that works?
"
DoNotAimAtM wrote:
The penalties I find too harsh, casual players have no chance here.

Of course they do, it just takes a while. But the league is long, we're not even past the half way mark. And if you really want to, you can look up 5-way carries (or run them yourself). But remember, if you do, you probably can't use the "casual card" anymore :P
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
Last edited by Phrazz on Apr 30, 2023, 5:32:51 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info