Why aren't their punishments for scammers, price fixers and bots?

"
Nubatron wrote:
"
superbomb1967 wrote:
there not their

They're really not going to care about their grammar since there is no need to care on a gaming forum. :)

There's always time to practice good writing and grammar. The place matters not.
"
superbomb1967 wrote:
"
Nubatron wrote:
"
superbomb1967 wrote:
there not their

They're really not going to care about their grammar since there is no need to care on a gaming forum. :)

There's always time to practice good writing and grammar. The place matters not.

It would have been more fun if you included all variants of they're/there/their in your response.
Opportunity missed.
"
N91312 wrote:
Other games are banning this behaviour but GGG doesn't seem to care at all...

"doesn't seem"

That's the thing.

Also the trade window is safe as long as you pay attention. Giving something to someone upfront isn't ggg's business to deal with.
Scamming and price fixing are a part of the game. Remove these, and it becomes d3.
Im pretty sure people mistake AFK traders as bots..

bots do nothing but help trade league run smooth, especially true for SC trade.
without these trade bots the trade experience would be a lot worse.
"
Morále wrote:
Im pretty sure people mistake AFK traders as bots..

bots do nothing but help trade league run smooth, especially true for SC trade.
without these trade bots the trade experience would be a lot worse.

Very true
No one can hear you poop in the forrest.
Well, that's what I'm wondering too. It's a bit unfair
Scammers can and do get banned but they're screened by humans first. Report the scams directly to support (or whichever email handles this, sorry if I'm causing extra work for support but I've done reported people via them and know they've gotten banned for SOMETHING which may or may not be what I reported them for soon after)

Price fixing is a bit of a different beast. Basically if you can control the first 100 entries you can basically drag the market price down, which does make it susceptable to things similar to a distributed denial of service attack. Like say if a community like TFT or some guild decided that the price for one particular item should be X +/-1 while you're trying to sell yours for 3X, yea that would be a bit annoying but as trades are actually getting completed at or near X+/-1 it barely warrants a second look unless they're setting X for a large amount of items. The issue is that fixing this would basically just give a tool to the people doing the other type of price fixing.

The other type of price fixing is where an item is rare but cheap, then somebody or somebodies buy up all the stock and raise the price. This can have knock-on effects of people trying to trade this newly inflated/corrected item directly for other items at or around the price they set, which is annoying but we actually want people trying to barter with items. Generally if an item is rare enough to be market corrected like that its time to buff that item or lower its drop tier. (we like buffs.)

Bots are reliable traders, they can and do get banned but they are reliable traders. If you give players automation tools for bulk trading you won't eliminate bots, you'll just make it so people don't notice them. If we're talkiing about some other kind of bot other than trade bots then you need to get more specific, because automation of gameplay basically cops an automatic ban, but apparently trading isn't considered gameplay so trade bots just get to facilitate trades all day. Now whether that means the dev attitude is that we shouldn't be trading at all or are placing undue importance on trading is anybody's guess, but you can be not picky about trading and still have fun, you can not hyper optimize every single trade interaction in your favor and still have fun. I know because I've done it.

IGN : Reamus

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info