Chris Wilson, I've come to bargain

So you're telling me I missed out on annoying music and a character *literally* running around in circles as things inexplicably die around it. I mean, sure...maybe...

...Or I could play Vampire Survivors, which is pretty much the same thing except the circles are more like frantic figure eights and the music isn't annoying.

But hey, you do you, Mister Doctor. Who am I to judge?

Predecessor! Paragon is BACK.
Finished Dragons Dogma 2 at 327 hours, 9 playthroughs. Loved every minute.
Holy shit, Assassins Creed ARPG trilogy isnt shit. 3D titan quest with better writing?
Dungeon Encounters is brilliant. Square Enix should stop banking on bloatjunk like ffxvi and ff7r.
Last edited by Foreverhappychan on Apr 22, 2023, 1:22:28 AM
"
So you're telling me I missed out on annoying music and a character *literally* running around in circles as things inexplicably die around it. I mean, sure...maybe...

...Or I could play Vampire Survivors, which is pretty much the same thing except the circles are more like frantic figure eights and the music isn't annoying.

Someone is gwumpy wumpy again. Here's a song to brighten up your day (:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvmyBP6887I
Uploaded an awesome Exsanguinate Freeze Explosion build on the forums - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3508506
"
aggromagnet wrote:
"
satanttin wrote:
"
DarthSki44 wrote:
Nothing is going core until PoE2 whenever the fuck that ends up being.

what makes you think that?
No league mechanics have gone core since Expedition. That ended a year and a half ago. We got a few things piecemeal, but no actual mechanics. Even Archnemesis mods, failed experiment that it was, only brought the mods and nothing else.

Anything that goes core impacts PoE "2" since it's the same game, not a separate one. And the bulk of their A-Team is all in on that right now. So yeah, it's unlikely anything goes core unless it's in some limited, not overly impactful form.

And sorry KMQ. At least the Trialmaster is in endgame now (RNG-gated by fragment drops, of course). But that's likely all we'll ever see of Ultimatum again.
mean unlikely doesn't mean it won't happen just has to fit in both versions without a ton of work to be worth it
"Now all that's left is for you getting on your knees."
if you know thanks me:) i'm dying to find out x'D
"
Kiss_Me_Quick wrote:
"

Someone is gwumpy wumpy again. Here's a song to brighten up your day (:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvmyBP6887I

After the last link's aural obscenity, you must be *high* to think I'm clicking that, KISS.

^_^

And yknow, I have honestly never been grumpier than when I was trying to figure out how to enjoy this ARPG called Path of Exile, because oh it was so frustrating. Nothing about it works the way ARPGs typically work and what does work is wrapped up in arbitrary layers of complication. Look at your video again and tell me *that* is how an ARPG should be played, by the existing definition of the term. I will iterate: you are literally running around in a single circle shooting things. As far as engaging endgame build tests go, it's not exactly a FFXIV boss, is it?

But if you really want to brighten my day, get a number going next to your name. Till then, Mister Doctor.
Predecessor! Paragon is BACK.
Finished Dragons Dogma 2 at 327 hours, 9 playthroughs. Loved every minute.
Holy shit, Assassins Creed ARPG trilogy isnt shit. 3D titan quest with better writing?
Dungeon Encounters is brilliant. Square Enix should stop banking on bloatjunk like ffxvi and ff7r.
Last edited by Foreverhappychan on Apr 22, 2023, 5:46:14 AM
"
I will iterate: you are literally running around in a single circle shooting things.

And also literally just breathing air and looking at a completely static object in front of me while sitting still.

That's so boring!
Uploaded an awesome Exsanguinate Freeze Explosion build on the forums - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3508506
"
DarthSki44 wrote:

Fall 2023
"Gratitude is wine for the soul. Go on. Get drunk." Rumi
US Mountain Time Zone
"
ChanBalam wrote:
"
DarthSki44 wrote:

Fall 2023

Not a chance. We will be lucky if there is a beta by fall. It would be a miracle if they launch by the holiday season. Then again D4 season 1 will likely be in December so who knows if they want PoE2 directly competing. If I had to guess, most likely Q1 of 2024 if all goes well, which is a big if.
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
- Abraham Lincoln
"
satanttin wrote:
"
DarthSki44 wrote:

They would have to not just add it into the game at a balance level they're ok with (frequency of finding, difficulty, reward) but also make atlas tree support for it, as well as integrate as a reward into the other mechanics that traditionally reward 'everything' aka Delve, Heist, Blight, Legion, Logbooks.

They don't seem interested in doing that much work for the past however many leagues since Expedition. They seem to have moved into testing bigger picture ideas about crafting and rewards while, uh, 'streamlining' our existing sources of rewards.
"
innervation wrote:
"
satanttin wrote:
"
DarthSki44 wrote:

They would have to not just add it into the game at a balance level they're ok with (frequency of finding, difficulty, reward) but also make atlas tree support for it, as well as integrate as a reward into the other mechanics that traditionally reward 'everything' aka Delve, Heist, Blight, Legion, Logbooks.

They don't seem interested in doing that much work for the past however many leagues since Expedition. They seem to have moved into testing bigger picture ideas about crafting and rewards while, uh, 'streamlining' our existing sources of rewards.
mean they don't have to add it to the atlas tree only if they want to. they could balance league mechanics outside of it.
"Now all that's left is for you getting on your knees."
if you know thanks me:) i'm dying to find out x'D

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info