"What we're working on"

"
ThngsLikeThis wrote:
It is OK... in every game and in rl.. if you don't put the work or the effort in.. you can't expect to get the rewards...

But in a game, the "work" you put in should also be fun and rewarding. If not rewarding in drops, it should be rewarding in gameplay. I feel Crucible is neither. Luckily, I find the core game to be in a pretty solid place, and I'm able to have fun even though Crucible itself was a letdown.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
What We're Working On

1) The Vision™
“If freedom of [censored] is taken away, then [censored] and [censored] we may be led, like [censored] to the [censored].” - George Washington
They are working on PoE2, Exilecon, and presumably some sort of stable beta. (which good luck on the tech side)

I do find it curious how CW went from talking about "him hiding isn't good for the game" during the Baeclast in 3.15, to now, the entire company in a totally silent lockdown.

I actually agree with 3.15 Chris, hiding isn't a good look, or good for the health of the game.

But with D4 coming like a fucking freight train, and the stress of Exilecon and PoE2...this will be the reality for the next few months.

Dr. Strange had it right, "we are in the endgame now." There is no altering this course regardless if the flight path is straight into a mountain or landing nicely on the runway. I guess we will see soon enough.
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
- Abraham Lincoln
Last edited by DarthSki44 on Apr 21, 2023, 10:18:28 AM
Same ol' people running rmt like crazy is more concerning for the league than the current state of the league mechanic. But oh well sure a soon once again controlled and manipulated market is for sure fun for everyone in trade league
Flames and madness. I'm so glad I didn't miss the fun. hoho
"
hasatt0 wrote:
Record number of players in this league. No need to change anything.

ROFL

/S ?
"
Phrazz wrote:
"
ThngsLikeThis wrote:
It is OK... in every game and in rl.. if you don't put the work or the effort in.. you can't expect to get the rewards...

But in a game, the "work" you put in should also be fun and rewarding. If not rewarding in drops, it should be rewarding in gameplay. I feel Crucible is neither. Luckily, I find the core game to be in a pretty solid place, and I'm able to have fun even though Crucible itself was a letdown.

Yeah, I can see where you are coming from... but what I don't get is paople complainig so much about Crucible.

We are going to have more powerful weapons / shields than ever... we just have to put some "work"/hours/thinking in to get there.

It's just that I am tired of people who want everything for free, immediately and effortless.

People who don't accept the fact, that players who are playing way more / are lucky / do some research of course have better access to top items / more currency.
And that is not just crucible, and not just PoE. And, to a degree, not just gaming.
Last edited by ThngsLikeThis on Apr 21, 2023, 10:34:01 AM
"
ThngsLikeThis wrote:

It's just that I am tired of people who want everything for free, immediately and effortless.

No one said anything of the sort.

It should be fun and rewarding, and it's neither.
"
ThngsLikeThis wrote:
"
Phrazz wrote:
"
ThngsLikeThis wrote:

Yeah, I can see where you are coming from... but what I don't get is paople complainig so much about Crucible.

We are going to have more powerful weapons / shields than ever... we just have to put some "work"/hours/thinking in to get there.

People who don't accept the fact, that players who are playing way more / are lucky / do some research of course have better access to top items / more currency.
And that is not just crucible, and not just PoE. And, to a degree, not just gaming.

People complain because the the mechanic is boring, halfbaked, difficult for the rewards, barely has any rewards, terrible UI, feels clunky.

This isn't about people wanting something for free. This is about people who want a reward equal to the difficulty of the content.

The "reward" is most certainly not equal to the time and effort put in, unless you consider pure RNG BS that can still brick items on the first node, useless nodes, and very little, if any currency, a reward.

Now, if the monsters actually dropped weapons with already viewable skill trees, now we are cooking. Otherwise, this league is a clunker.
Last edited by jdp29 on Apr 21, 2023, 10:45:45 AM
"
ThngsLikeThis wrote:

The efficient way to get the powerful items:
1) Completely ignore Crucible
2) Farm currency, hoping the Crucible doesn't brick other mechanics too often
3) Buy a weapon/shield with an already good tree (either a complete item or base that you craft)

Sure, you could try to make the items yourself, but that's a net currency (=time) loss in all cases other than making a mirror-tier item or getting extremely lucky, and even if that doesn't deter you, it's still an all-trading activity of buying bases with tree nodes you want, buying remnants for combining, and buying beasts for imprints.

Wow, what a league mechanic.
"
superbomb1967 wrote:
"
hasatt0 wrote:
Record number of players in this league. No need to change anything.

ROFL

/S ?

Unfortunate fact i am afraid. Both the league start numbers and the week one rentention numbers were top, there were topics for both on reddit. Probably because of GGGs balance slip ups that made a bunch of skills completely bonkers, not so much because of the league mechanic.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info