Website inventory/stash tabs not loading.

Not only Map Stash Tab or Unique Collection Tab is not loading in the character view on pathofexile dot com but everything.

How to generate this behavior:
Open the view by clicking on the character on the top left and look through 101 tabs/character inventories in less than 30 minutes, which is easily achievable when e.g. looking through it for a specific item.

What's likely causing this problem: Rate limits

Rate limits for an account is 100 requests for a time period of 1800 sec which is half an hour. It once was 45 requests in a minute(60sec) and at least 1350 in half an hour. Changing it to 30:60 is fine if it would also mean 900:1800, but 100:1800 is easily breakable by just casually using the webpage manually. This is a really strict limit if it isn't an unintended bug. Would like to get either a fix to it by rising the limit or at least a confirmation, that it is intended that one should look at a tab for at least 18 seconds on average or get timed out for 10 minutes.
Last bumped on Apr 18, 2023, 8:27:19 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
From the PC Known Issues thread:
"
Kieren_GGG wrote:
  • Map Stash Tab not loading
  • Unique Collection Tab not loading in the Character Viewer

They're just unsupported.
Web DeveloperView our Developer Docs
Thanks, but that wasn't my problem and i only included those two specifically, because they are on the Known Issues list.
My Issue is that i can't use/see/load everything else like character and stash tabs after i hit the rate limit while browsing through my tabs to find an item position without needing to run the game.
Is the strict rate limit on purpose or could it be an oversight?
Rate-limits are very intentionally set.

If you want to use a third-party tool to access your stash contents then you should look into our OAuth offerings.
Web DeveloperView our Developer Docs
"
Novynn wrote:
Rate-limits are very intentionally set.

If you want to use a third-party tool to access your stash contents then you should look into our OAuth offerings.

Thanks i am already starting to look into it as for 3.21.0 you added support for Public Clients, which might be the only reasonable way to do it for myself.

Sadly the rate-limits got really strict(3.20(i haven't tested) or 3.21), so that it even interferes with manually using pathofexile dot com directly without needing to use a third-party tool.

For Public Clients i might still get into issues, as i don't get access to service:leagues (GET /league) which is needed to get lists of stashes (with GET /stash/<league> and GET /stash/<league>/<stash_id>[/<substash_id>]) programmatically without always writing the new league name into the program. Maybe you at GGG could consider allowing at least access to service:leagues. Maybe i will find out another way to get the current league names without hard coding them each league.

Btw a big thanks for the dev docs.

I hope GGG is still realizing, that their rate limit is still hindering their website usage. 18 seconds on average to not get into the problem of not loading tabs on this website logged in is impractical. I need max 5 sec to look over my items in a tab and notice that the item i search for is not there.
Last edited by Simondererste on Apr 19, 2023, 5:47:41 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info