[BUG] Kinetic Blast COC Fireball with Nimis bug, details inside

"
sivagorn wrote:
its mean they see my post but no answer and not interest about fix a bug ? it is my fault? i will get a ban because my build broken but no one care ?

well you have to follow the rules like everyone else.

I already told you the rules about "bumping" the thread but you continue to brake it anyway.
I also told you that you are not garenteed a GGG reply on your bug report however GGG have read it.

And no, you wouldn't be banned for this but put on "probation" witch means that you can't created new posts or PM's on the web site for X hours. So just follow forum guidelines and all will be fine.
I don't see anything here that definitively appears to be a bug.

Fireball's projectile explodes only in the case where it can't continue onewards - this is not new. Fireballs that hit a target and split, pierce, fork, chain or return do not explode. That was the case before 3.21 and is still the case. Fireball's explosion is the projectile itself exploding, it can't do that and also continue on.

In the video with the boss, the returning projectiles are travelling through the boss, which would indicate they're piercing it, which is why they don't explode there. IF there is no pierce on the projectiles then something else is happening, but the non-pierce case seems to be working correctly for me in-game.

The Kinetic Blast projectile itself never explodes, but it creates explosions randomly around it each time it impacts something/stops moving, regardless of whether it continues on with one of the afformentioned behaviours.

Returning projectiles have never technically collided with the player, but previously the distance they returned was limited to the maximum projectile range, so if they reached that range, then returned to the same place there were fired from, they'd run out of range and stop there (forking, chaining, and moving while the projectiles are in flight could all mess with this so it wouldn't always be on the player). This was never specifically intended, it just happened as a consequence of how returning was originally implemented when it could only happen from a target. This was changed in 3.21 so projectiles which return can tavel a distance equal to the maximum projectile range plus the distance from where there start returning to the location the returning is aimed at (usually the caster's location). This is intentional.
Last edited by Mark_GGG on Apr 20, 2023, 1:26:55 AM
"
Mark_GGG wrote:

Fireball's projectile explodes only in the case where it can't continue onewards - this is not new. Fireballs that hit a target and split, pierce, fork, chain or return do not explode. That was the case before 3.21 and is still the case. Fireball's explosion is the projectile itself exploding, it can't do that and also continue on.

In the video with the boss, the returning projectiles are travelling through the boss, which would indicate they're piercing it, which is why they don't explode there. IF there is no pierce on the projectiles then something else is happening, but the non-pierce case seems to be working correctly for me in-game.

The Kinetic Blast projectile itself never explodes, but it creates explosions randomly around it each time it impacts something/stops moving, regardless of whether it continues on with one of the afformentioned behaviours.

Returning projectiles have never technically collided with the player, but previously the distance they returned was limited to the maximum projectile range, so if they reached that range, then returned to the same place there were fired from, they'd run out of range and stop there (forking, chaining, and moving while the projectiles are in flight could all mess with this so it wouldn't always be on the player). This was never specifically intended, it just happened as a consequence of how returning was originally implemented when it could only happen from a target. This was changed in 3.21 so projectiles which return can tavel a distance equal to the maximum projectile range plus the distance from where there start returning to the location the returning is aimed at (usually the caster's location). This is intentional.

The Kinetic Blast projectile creates explosions not like 3.20 because 3.20 is explosions around my character(all explosions will around my character like in video) but 3.21 it's not working correctly so we think it's a bug because some explosions is far from character.(patch note did not have kinetic blast change so we think it's a bug) please check my friend video (you will see all explosions only stay near character)

this first video show 3.20 KB explosions (all explosions will stay tight around character)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO1Xb90_e2g&ab_channel=M4DC4T

this second video show 3.21 KB explosions not a same as 3.20 because explosions is very far from character.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjhgZ62Nju4&ab_channel=TheSivagorn

you said that in patch notes and or in FAQ that Kinetic Blast is not change but it's not the same as 3.20 and our build is broken.
"Kinetic Blast does not itself explode, it causes explosions around when it impacts something, this is still the case." <<< but it's not the same as 3.20
*Bug is Kinetic Blast is NOT functioning the way it should, and it is significantly altered as a result.(like my second video)

this build in 3.20 can kill uber searing very fast(need high price craft and items), but in 3.21 damage is lost around 70%+ and can't kill any uber even in 10s. it's a very huge nerf? me and my friends created this build for fight uber boss but now it's already broken and he spend a lots of currency to build, this is fair for players? this is not a little nerf,because damage is very weak on single target even i changed all skills tree to damage. i feels it's not fair and i dont understand why need to huge nerf on this.

sorry for my english and thank you for answered Mark.
Last edited by sivagorn on Apr 20, 2023, 3:12:40 AM
"
sivagorn wrote:
it's a very huge nerf? me and my friends created this build for fight uber boss but now it's already broken and he spend a lots of currency to build, this is fair for players? this is not a little nerf,because damage is very weak on single target even i changed all skills tree to damage. i feels it's not fair and i dont understand why need to huge nerf on this.

Generally speaking -->
In regards to GGG's changes to the game / game mechanics / skill's and so on, then there is no "is it fair for me". If a change is made, then this is how it is. And yes, they very often "destroy" builds when they do changes for many reasons.......
"
HanSoloDK wrote:
"
sivagorn wrote:
it's a very huge nerf? me and my friends created this build for fight uber boss but now it's already broken and he spend a lots of currency to build, this is fair for players? this is not a little nerf,because damage is very weak on single target even i changed all skills tree to damage. i feels it's not fair and i dont understand why need to huge nerf on this.

Generally speaking -->
In regards to GGG's changes to the game / game mechanics / skill's and so on, then there is no "is it fair for me". If a change is made, then this is how it is. And yes, they very often "destroy" builds when they do changes for many reasons.......

that is the bad one, because people waste time for farm and make their build , but why destroy it ? so many people don't like and drama about this. and so many people quit because of this too.

**but in this case, there is no patch notes wrote about Kinetic Blast change.
so we think it's a bug. i wait GGG for watch a videos proof and i want to know what's happened.
"
sivagorn wrote:

that is the bad one, because people waste time for farm and make their build , but why destroy it ? so many people don't like and drama about this. and so many people quit because of this too.

That's just how it is with some of the changes being made. So you either accept this or find another game to play.
Feel free to make posts about it in Feedback section, but don't make post about what's "fair for you" because that's just a waste of time for everyone......
"
Mark_GGG wrote:

Returning projectiles have never technically collided with the player, but previously the distance they returned was limited to the maximum projectile range, so if they reached that range, then returned to the same place there were fired from, they'd run out of range and stop there (forking, chaining, and moving while the projectiles are in flight could all mess with this so it wouldn't always be on the player). This was never specifically intended, it just happened as a consequence of how returning was originally implemented when it could only happen from a target.

This was changed in 3.21 so projectiles which return can tavel a distance equal to the maximum projectile range plus the distance from where there start returning to the location the returning is aimed at (usually the caster's location). This is intentional.

If this is an intentional change, why was it not mentioned in the patch notes? It is critical for some builds, such as Nimis Fireball and Nimis/Vengeant Cascade Kinetic Blast. This is misleading.
Last edited by orlp on Apr 20, 2023, 11:44:57 AM
The way return projectile "simplification" was explained in the patch notes was just straight up misleading and garbled up.

So much for GGG promising cleaner communication.......

"
orlp wrote:
"
Mark_GGG wrote:

Returning projectiles have never technically collided with the player, but previously the distance they returned was limited to the maximum projectile range, so if they reached that range, then returned to the same place there were fired from, they'd run out of range and stop there (forking, chaining, and moving while the projectiles are in flight could all mess with this so it wouldn't always be on the player). This was never specifically intended, it just happened as a consequence of how returning was originally implemented when it could only happen from a target.

This was changed in 3.21 so projectiles which return can tavel a distance equal to the maximum projectile range plus the distance from where there start returning to the location the returning is aimed at (usually the caster's location). This is intentional.

If this is an intentional change, why was it not mentioned in the patch notes? It is critical for some builds, such as Nimis Fireball and Nimis/Vengeant Cascade Kinetic Blast. This is misleading.

+1 those build is completely broken vs single target
"
L3thvl wrote:
The way return projectile "simplification" was explained in the patch notes was just straight up misleading and garbled up.

So much for GGG promising cleaner communication.......

+1

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info