Who Else Having Fun When Stunned?

well the damage is quite low on my character in that video. I've made some changes and now I initiate with cast on crit shield charge, and I guess you can block while charging because the stun spells go off while I'm slamming. The damage is getting higher and so is the utility.

before I always used a two hander, but i found out about the existence of this shield and wow... what a steriod for all those spells! It's pretty ideal actually
Last edited by BearCares on Apr 19, 2023, 1:36:59 AM
New wrinkles in the concept. This is what I love about this game. When you peruse through all the stuff that's in the game and find stuff that you either never knew about or had forgotten about a long time ago. As well as things that had been updated without you realizing.

Before now my build lacked the ability to initiate combat. I had to basically sit and wait on things to attack. So I combined shield charge with that new support gem
and also a rippling thoughts one handed sword for what amounts to essentially a 2 link, cast on hit from a movement skill! Of course it isn't technically ideal, but it looks good which is a part of the fun of this build and it's effective enough to get away with doing it. There is also the option of going ham and linking it to cast on crit since I am an Assassin. I might do that. For fun when I don't need an optimal setup.

Speaking of which, I haven't had a chance to test it yet but I o think that the optimal weapon for this build is:

I don't know if you can see it in the forum but the other notable passives are energy shield leech, level 20 gravity well or ball lightning and ice spear fire in a circle and return to you.

Also I knew about brutal charges but I never realized GGG made them this accessible! Geez. And with all the mana reservation from Skyforth it may be possible to get full spell suppresion full block chance AND Mind over Matter going.

BTW I was nervous that Skyforth wouldn't work but the passive tree overrides it. So it works fine with CWS

So far this build cost me maybe 2 divine. Of course, it uses rare gear so if the build were to ever become popular the price would probably go up to 100 divine for this stuff because these items are rare af.
Last edited by BearCares on Apr 19, 2023, 12:42:03 PM
Wow, I went all in. I am 8 characters deep in this Fun When Stunned journey. There are so many variables to consider to this style of character. Anyway most of the characters are red map viable. None of them are bossers... yet. Admittedly I haven't actually crafted much gear in order to min/max but instead I've been testing concepts with unique items. Because the results of my research into Fun When Stunned indicates to me that crafting amulet and rings is an absolute must. And I just haven't done that yet.

Other things I found out is that Trickster seems to be best for defense but you have to use that 4 second timer thing which is difficult to see in big fights... so maybe GGG can work on that?

On the offensive end, Assassin puts out the biggest damage by far since he can scale all his spells with crit multipliers unlike anyone else.

Speaking of crit, Doppleganger Guise is my chest of choice. It has everything cast when Stunned would need. If the build ever becomes fashionable the price of these chests will skyrocket. Also spiritual Aid is the bedrock of scaling damage for this build from ANYWHERE on the tree as long as you can find a timeless jewel with minion damage increases.

But wait there's more. Niche items that many scoff at are absolute OP in cast with Stunned. For example:

So far it seems that lightning tendrils is the smoothest "manual skill" to use since it has automatic crits and can heavily shock enemies which improves the amage of all your trigger spells. Also, since it channels, it synergizes with that +25% more spell when stunned while casting Caster Mastery for even more damage.

So much fun when stunned!
Okay... getting close to something interesting.

I don't know how to post images here so I'll just type it out. So far... POB has an unoptimized character sitting at

9,274,059 Effective HP Pool
3.2 Million DPS on main skill not counting the CWS set ups.

Of course the 9.2 million effective HP pool only counts if the character survives the first couple of hits lol because the defense ramps up as the character is put under pressure. Starting out at 1 million effective HP pool and then quickly ramping up to 9 million after taking some hits.

The damage could be higher but I sided with a defensive approach because I'm tired of those annoying Crucible mobs overwhelming me on tough maps

Anyway after all these experiments it seems to me that the 4 best classes for Fun When Stunned may surprise you.

It's Assassin, Deadeye, Trickster, Champion. Deadeye though, requires the Vitality Watcher's eye setup in order to shine. So if someone wants to league start with Fun When Stunned, I would recommend Trickster first, then Assassin. Champion can only be used after getting a Minion Damage timeless jewel however. And he also requires reliance on spell impale in order to deal damage. So Champion would certainly not be an appropriate league starter at least not so much as Assassin and Trickster.

Well... it took a lot for me to get to this level of understanding on this build. Me, who has never used a guide in this game for anything over the past 10 years, have finally made a build of my own which actually can potentially do all content. Though that's yet to be seen as I haven't crafted all my gear yet.

I'll only post boss kills from this point on ;)

scratch that 9 million effective hps... it says 112 million... and then if i use a flask it says infinite so I'm guessing it's bugged lol
seems like only you are in it lmao x'D dunno if this is considered spam or not tbh xd
"Now all that's left is for you getting on your knees."
if you know thanks me:) i'm dying to find out x'D
"
satanttin wrote:
seems like only you are in it lmao x'D dunno if this is considered spam or not tbh xd

Let him have his fun man. I'm interested to see if he can get something working. Interesting concept for sure albeit slow and niche atm.
ProbablyGettingNerfed - L100 Occultist
Vinktarded - L100 Pathfinder
GoogleDiversityHire - L100 Necromancer

3.13 was the pinnacle of PoE. IVYS+1 Gang 4 Life.
I use Shavronne's Pace Scholar Boots. Very cheap.
Last edited by B00b on May 24, 2023, 12:07:19 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info