The moment you stop communicating, you failed as a gaming company

GGG's management decision to stop communication via reddit and manifesto, instead of improving themselves to minimize misunderstandings, stems from a critical lack of trust in their community. It's their right to do so of course, but imo this will only lead to further gaps between the players and the company. Please, treat your community with trust and respect, most of us are not idiots; you are already doing a good job of presenting the short term/league goals for each major patch, please apply this to longer term goals: what is your vision going further, what is your "product goal" with PoE? Be more transparent and your design decisions will be accepted more easily.
Last bumped on May 16, 2023, 10:29:10 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
If I was them I'd stop communicating if they communicate you whine and if they don't you whine LOL ridiculous.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
"
Coconutdoggy wrote:
If I was them I'd stop communicating if they communicate you whine and if they don't you whine LOL ridiculous.

That's a bad take. You elevate the discussion, not abandon it.
"
nibas wrote:
"
Coconutdoggy wrote:

Uh huh they elevate it quite a bit and you still whine

LMAO
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
By that logic Blizzard died a long time ago.
"
Coconutdoggy wrote:
"
nibas wrote:
"
Coconutdoggy wrote:

Uh huh they elevate it quite a bit and you still whine

LMAO

Ok, whatever you say.
"
Thesuffering wrote:

I mean, yes. Where have you been?
That's a critical flaw yes.If there's any game I can recommend to take example from is old school runescape.Jagex is not a perfect company but before they put anything new into the game first they present it to the community then poll it.I wish GGG would be doing the same instead of here's something we don't care if you don't like it.
Last edited by SirArrr on Apr 2, 2023, 3:14:14 AM
"
SirArrr wrote:
That's a critical flaw yes.If there's any game I can recommend to take example from is old school runescape.Jagex is not a perfect company but before they put anything new into the game first they present it to the community then poll it.I wish GGG would be doing the same instead of here's something we don't care if you don't like it.

And thus it ended up the greatest game in history, and they all lived happily ever after. We all know that didn't happen, communication is great, but it isn't really necessary, and sometimes it can even do more harm than good.

Let's take fighting games for example, as they're extremely competitive, sensitive to small balance changes and there's a lot of highly skilled players examining every change in detail and how it affects character power. As it turns out, not even those often have good player feedback, tier lists and character usage can vary pretty wildly according to local preferences.

Even tournament data can be misleading as there aren't many top players, so a character can be perfectly solid but look underrepresented simply because nobody put serious time in it. And online stats are also a mixed bag, as they favor simpler characters that are easier to win with if the opponent isn't very good, but are often easy to counter for good players and unusable in tournaments.
And opinions sometimes change just because that's how the public opinion is, there are situations where nearly everyone will tell you that a character is broken, but still people don't win much with it for some reason. Lower skilled players might tell you that a character is ass but it could just be hard to use and quite good if used well.

Long story short, communication is nice to have, and stats are very nice to have but both can potentially be misleading, in the end you have to rely on your own judgement. Of course, I'm not saying you should ignore when the entire playerbase is screaming 'noooo' in unison, back when they announced the frenzy charge change it could probably be sensed in the force on the other end of galaxy.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
"
Thesuffering wrote:

That companied died inside long long ago.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info