40/40 as a tradition, AMA

"
Nubatron wrote:

Learning the Kosis fight mechanics helped a ton as well. That toll was paid with a lot of blood.

Delete him before he deletes you. It's pretty much the easiest solution for kosis lol.
I really do hate the double boss spawn in later waves.
Flames and madness. I'm so glad I didn't miss the fun. hoho
Sorry for getting back to you late guys.

"
Vennto wrote:
Well, u said AMA, so here it goes:

1. In what way is that one of the greatest leagues so far? What did you enjoy about it?

2. What specifically do you like about sanctified relics? Aren´t they just stat-sticks? I don´t get the appeal

3. U think that league should go core?

4. How difficult was the grind for 40/40 this league compared to the last 2 leagues?

5. Do you like this leagues Challenge-MTX?

1. Hunting for boons, how rewarding it feels, hunting for Sanctified relics, feeling like you are good player when you dodge guards and also it's both easy and hard at the same time.

2. They are very customisable and powerful. It's exciting to hunt for them. Also let you put Keystone you want via Invocations.

3. I am not sure about League (it would need a lot of changes to go core and might lose it's appeal), but I at least would like Sanctified Relics, Uniques and Invocations to do so though.

4. Easier. Endgame Grind is rather comfy this time around. It helped that I decided to go for level 100 this Leagues. Major Boons / Afflictions is RNG-based and can take a while. I shouldn't have rushed it and just get it naturally.

5. I don't know, but I like idea of full MTX sets as a rewards. They look solid for free MTX. My first character was wearing ones from 20-24 challenges and I kinda forgot about them after until I placed latest full totem in the middle of hideout as a tradition.

"
AbilityPoints wrote:
Isn't this thread very self congratulatory and egotistical?

hey everyone! I reached level 65 in Ruthless with gold event!

Wow that felt good, sharing my achievement. Now I know how OP feels, and I feel good!

Gz! It's a tradition and also serves a place to discuss things. (still don't try to do the same :3).

"
Draegnarrr wrote:
"
AbilityPoints wrote:
Isn't this thread very self congratulatory and egotistical?

It is but you still get some interesting discussion out of it, challenges usually have totally different perspectives about completing them.

My question is did you do Simulacrum deathless? :p I hate it! Look at my 39 i'm so sore still even though i've not played for a month lmao

True.

No, Simulacrium wasn't deathless. Character was pretty geared up at this point (still no 21/20 Div SRS or +3 chest though), but this build is just not tanky enough and by nature couldn't get rid of mobs fast enough (poison). Maybe if I had more armour it would be different story.

Also, come on, if you got 39 you should get 40. :/ Maybe try contact people on TFT? But anyways it's big for HC. Congratulations!

Clearing with Explossive Trap must have been pretty painful. Or you swapped for something else when mapping?

"
xPiranha wrote:
Only problem with challenges is you can buy them. Not saying OP did.

I usually buy pure economic ones like Doryani's Machinarium. Also friend shared Eater Conditional.

Explosive trap slaps it was fine for clearing, especially once you had an aoe shrine running it was just throw one move on, throw one move on.

It wasn't SC bow deadeye clear or anything like that but 100 was pretty quick tbh with the density I ran.

Realistically I only deserve 39 so I might just accept it :p it'll do me good in the long run
"
Draegnarrr wrote:
Explosive trap slaps it was fine for clearing, especially once you had an aoe shrine running it was just throw one move on, throw one move on.

It wasn't SC bow deadeye clear or anything like that but 100 was pretty quick tbh with the density I ran.

Realistically I only deserve 39 so I might just accept it :p it'll do me good in the long run

How would you rate clearing on the scale from 1 to 10? With 1 being builds that makes you target every monster individually and take noticable ammount of time at that and 10 being builds that can instantly destroy whole screen or more with 1 cast/short animation.
Last edited by SunL4D2 on Mar 27, 2023, 6:16:36 AM
for explosive trap? I'd probably give it a 6 or 7, it loses 1 for having sunblast on with the delay but you get used to that pretty quickly and it doesn't slow you down that much.

I measure skill efficiency different to most people I go off how much does it clear per skill use, so like my stacked fire trap character from a few leagues back would clear about 80% of the screen with one trap then move on - so for a character like this the limit was move speed.

I made a TS deadeye for the league mechanic and that cleared more than one screen per use so thats right at the top in how I measure so yeah if thats a 10 explosive trap was probably a 6. Ironically they could clear the exact same content due to overwhelming DPS and massive coverage being the best defence despite the deadeye having about 5% of the tankiness.

Its hard to apply that to a real scale though as I probably won't play something below a 5, like your rating for a 1 in this case wouldn't even get past PoB for me. I don't think I play anything that doesn't kill at least 50% of the screen and one tap anything but a rare though that is most skills if you know how to build them. I also heavily weight fire and forget spells due to their inherent safety, always be moving is the #1 defence for a reason. Sorry I kinda got off topic here having a ramble lol
Last edited by Draegnarrr on Mar 27, 2023, 6:29:26 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info