D4 had over 1 million closed beta access players, with multi-millions expected this weekend. Wow.

"
鬼殺し wrote:
Odd to say you don't think it has more longevity than D3 when D3 has had over a decade of service. DIV for a decade would put most of us into our 40s and 50s I imagine. Some of us might not even still be alive by then.

D4 10 years?
I will be 63. O.M.G.
~ Adapt, Improvise and Overcome
Last edited by DoubleU on Jun 1, 2023, 9:37:26 AM
"
DoubleU wrote:
"
鬼殺し wrote:
Odd to say you don't think it has more longevity than D3 when D3 has had over a decade of service. DIV for a decade would put most of us into our 40s and 50s I imagine. Some of us might not even still be alive by then.

D4 10 years?
I will be 63. O.M.G.

As C said, I would be drifting past half a century at that time. Nah don't want to consder that lol. Let's just enjoy D4 and PoE2 while our reflexes and hand eye coordination are still somewhat decent haha
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
- Abraham Lincoln
Last edited by DarthSki44 on Jun 1, 2023, 9:48:16 AM
"
鬼殺し wrote:
RoS was the LoD of D3. I think it's that simple.

Adventure mode is what won me over in terms of playing it solo. With a friend it was already fun enough as a mind off kill shit excuse to shoot the breeze but AM excised the worst part of D3: its uninspired story and the insufferable dialogue. Suddenly I was free to just traipse about Sanctuary doing simple missions as a sheet-thin motivation to play it as an actual ARPG. I didn't do it that much but I appreciated the core gameplay much more after adventure mode was a thing.

Regarding D2, something I think a lot of us forget is that while it was pick up and play, at some point we did need to refer to the Arreat Summit resource on Blizzard's website. For most of us, that point was almost certainly runewords. The game itself teaches you one but after that it expects you to either experiment or use the officially supplied resource. It was probably the worst part of the game's design in terms of accessibility within game BUT runewords also made build potential explode beyond anything we had seen before. Runewords paved the way for PoE more than any other D2 feature.

DIV seems much more self-contained, but we will see.

well you can imagine me wanting to try adventure mode, and then the game telling me hey you gotta pay for RoS to do this. Basically everything in vanilla was obsolete.
What classes yall starting ?
I'm rolling sorc to start for sure, as I always have for a Diablo game / season. And it works with my friend group.

Then the plan would be Necro, Rogue, Druid, and the finally Barb.

That order might change depending on the unique build enablers. I haven't looked at spoilers but if there is permanent werebear of wolf for example, that might make me reconsider. Or if minions don't scale well into the endgame, since I prefer zoomancer, I might adjust.

Either way this is an incredibly exciting time. I'm looking forward to taking my time and just enjoying the whole experience.
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
- Abraham Lincoln
Well it's about that time fellow Exiles and Denizens of Sanctuary. I do hope everyone has a wonderful launch, or of not, finds a local support group here in Wraeclast.

I will get back to messages, and look forward to all that will be said, but that might not be until July or so.

Until then friends and frenemies!

- Abraham Lincoln
Last edited by DarthSki44 on Jun 1, 2023, 4:27:15 PM
"
grepman wrote:
What classes yall starting ?

The cooler sorc, Necro.
Lots of people seem to struggle to enjoy their well paid early access on the ps5.
Well good that blizzards platinum store works just fine tho!

I feel bad for my friend and everyone who wasted their money on this release mess lol. Imagine paying additional bucks for early access just to get a view on the platinum store in their browser. But classic blizzard move, stuff is not fully ready for release but hey we gotta put the game on the market asap! lmao
Flames and madness. I'm so glad I didn't miss the fun. hoho
hoho I'll wait I don't buy into the hype.
-Official Forum Dweller-
-I started the hoho movement-
-Exploit Early - Exploit Often-
-Moderators are absurd and OP-
Last edited by xPiranha on Jun 1, 2023, 10:40:34 PM
"
鬼殺し wrote:

Hell Welcomes All :D

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info