Have the supporter packs lost their initial meaning?

At the root of supporter packs, it is clearly about providing a revenue stream for the game to continue. Whether that revenue comes from supporter packs, or single MTXs or Kirac's Pass, it's all about throwing money at GGG so the game's development can continue.

No longer being an indie company and owned by a huge company doesn't really change that, at least for me. They still need revenue to keep the servers on. This is how they monetize the product.

If not this, then what? Upfront cost of expansions/DLC? Actual P2W stuff like XP boosters or damage boosters? Pay for access to new classes/ascendancies?

That's why I still buy them even though I have more cosmetics and points than I'll ever use: to keep the game going.
Last edited by Nubatron on Mar 27, 2023, 1:21:30 PM
"
Nubatron wrote:
At the root of supporter packs, it is clearly about providing a revenue stream for the game to continue. Whether that revenue comes from supporter packs, or single MTXs or Kirac's Pass, it's all about throwing money at GGG so the game's development can continue.

No longer being an indie company and owned by a huge company doesn't really change that, at least for me. They still need revenue to keep the servers on. This is how they monetize the product.

If not this, then what? Upfront cost of expansions/DLC? Actual P2W stuff like XP boosters or damage boosters? Pay for access to new classes/ascendancies?

That's why I still buy them even though I have more cosmetics and points than I'll ever use: to keep the game going.

I dont agree with your opinion at all.
The corporations have few books for each spending.
Salaries and electicity bill is probably 1-2% of the revenue.
The net profit is divided by the shareholders, and just a small percent is left for the ,,bills,,

You are supporting nothing ,but Tencent's yacht owners.
Wake up and learn some basic economy.
"
Ivanovv83 wrote:
"
Nubatron wrote:

The net profit is divided by the shareholders, and just a small percent is left for the ,,bills,,

I can't even bring myself to respond to this. I'll just say nope and move on.
"
Nubatron wrote:
"
Ivanovv83 wrote:
"
Nubatron wrote:

I can't even bring myself to respond to this. I'll just say nope and move on.

Yeah i can understand both sides. But firstly MTX goes into paying for expansions. Then once everything is paid the next profit goes mainly to Ten Cent. Now I dont know exactly know much revenue GGG makes but judging by the posters on this board not much.
Support what you love and enjoy.

People are mostly focusing here on what support means to GGG. Why? You are consumers and customers. Your concern should be getting your money's worth, in whatever form that satisfaction might take.

With PoE that has always meant only one of two things: buying enough QoL to enjoy playing or buying enough support packs to feel 'good' about getting the game for free. Maybe there are some merch/mtx collectors in there but usually they occupy that second space.

I had my feel good phase. Happily in the "pay just enough to enjoy a game" phase and frankly that puts PoE well out of my theoretical budget. Price of an mtx or two can get me a few decent slightly older triple As on sale. Or a handful of awesome indie efforts.

I am glad my feel good phase started and peaked and ended with PoE/GGG. Couldn't ask for a more worthy partner in faux-altruism. Digital Extremes came close, but I didn't quite get in on the ground floor there. And of course GGG softened me up to be taken for a ride by a few kickstarters in the mid 2010s...oops.

Support what you love and enjoy.
Heaven help you if you love and enjoy supporting.

Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info