Have the supporter packs lost their initial meaning?

-Official Forum Dweller-
-I started the hoho movement-
-Exploit Early - Exploit Often-
-Moderators are absurd and OP-
^HoHo
"
Raycheetah wrote:
I buy Supporter Packs if I like them. I bought the one with Cadiro Perandus because I enjoy being able to sell stuff to him. Do I mind that that pack cost $90US? No, because of the many, many hours of enjoyment I have gotten out of playing Path of Exile over a decade. It helps to keep the lights on at GGG, helps keep the developers fed and their families housed, and it might even encourage them to keep at it with a game that some posters assure us is "dead" at every hiccup in the ARPG market.

I loved it when Cadiro commented on the fact that my character was wearing Kaom's Roots boots; that sort of thing is worth the price of admission. =^[.]^=

This except for the decade, I am only at 8.5 years.

I am not Anti-Social, I am just selective on whom I wish to be social with.
Out of all the supporter packs i have, i still think the closed and open beta's are the best cool pets and weapon effects and damn i missed out on them sadly.
IGN RighteousRom LvL-100 Juggernaut
Mirror Drop T-14 Shrine
"
Romulas19 wrote:
Out of all the supporter packs i have, i still think the closed and open beta's are the best cool pets and weapon effects and damn i missed out on them sadly.

duuuuuuude that collection and amount of $$ is kinda crazy. but nice :D
They still have exactly the same meaning: companies need income in order to continue to operate.

You aren't supporting a small independent company, but you are still supporting them.
"
They still have exactly the same meaning: companies need income in order to continue to operate.

You aren't supporting a small independent company, but you are still supporting them.

This.

And frankly, while acknowledging that you have a free choice to support PoE, I find it pretty ridiculous that some people permanently cry about the path PoE takes or about that infamous vision but still play 38/40 each league. Game can't be that bad if you perma play it, can it?
The entitlement is pretty insane.

I for one purchase mtx/points if I like them, and actually I have been disliking them on the last variants. It seems perfectly logical that you can only attract people so long with armour/weapon/portal effects and I probably don't have enough of the former two, but all those new features like charging up some totems or glowing in the colours of the gem I socket, weird flask effects etc really is not my jam. Let's see what they come up with in 3.21
"
Ivanovv83 wrote:
I mean .. do we really support small company anymore,???

we support ggg
so yes the meaning is exactly the same

are you saying that because the game is now successful that they shouldn't get paid?

lol
(سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س
You may not support a small company any more but you do support the game you want to play. Assuming you number one of the folks in this thread who still do. It's been a while since I've bought a pack. Streamer queue followed by some down leagues...I tend to spend money on what I'm spending time on in the gaming world. Happy to support again when I love the state of the game and the league mechanic.

While it's true you could never support and the game would still go on, it's also true that if no one ever supported the game would cease to exist.
Yeah, it is the nature of a free to play game. That said now that Tencent own 85% of GGG very little of what we pay will go to GGG and almost all to Tencent. I will hold my purchases for the most part until Tencent gives up and sells their shares.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info