Never Getting Any Unique Items??? Bug# 2,539,724,051

Hi, I am playing Standard solo as a level 36 Witch in Act 3, Lunaris temple level 2. My account name is RoyKM. My character is ACupWitch. I haven't once had a unique item drop. Also there are very few scrolls and portals being dropped. Even though my "Increased Rarity of Items Dropped By Slain Monsters" is +82%, I still haven't had a unique item drop. Perhaps you tightened up the game to make things more scarce? It's too scarce! :)
Last bumped on Apr 1, 2023, 9:33:03 PM
you're only in act 3 so its normal. happens to me too
Thanks. I couldn't remember. When I played the first level of the Ascendency Trial I finally got 3 Uniques! :)
If you have 82% increased rarity, yeah very few scrolls will be dropping because your rarity upgraded those up the chain.
"
TemjinGold wrote:
If you have 82% increased rarity, yeah very few scrolls will be dropping because your rarity upgraded those up the chain.

IIR has no effect on the number or type of currency items, scrolls, or gems
I believe Chris said otherwise in a league reveal video recently when they reworked MF.
I don't remember that, maybe it was about loot goblins?

By the way there is a penalty to the chance of currency items and Divination cards dropping in areas with a monster level more than two levels lower than your character level. For each additional level that you have compared to the area's monster level+2, the chance of a currency and Divination card item drop is reduced by 2.5%
Last edited by seaman on Mar 20, 2023, 4:25:39 PM
Possibly. I think it was in the Kalandra reveal.
Hi @TemjinGold, You suggested I wasn't getting Scrolls because my "Increased Rarity of Items Dropped By Slain Monsters" was too high at +82%. Considering your advice, I unloaded my amulet and rings and played Act 6 "The Twilight Strand" with only +9%, yet didn't get any Scrolls or Portals at all. Not even one.

I think the POE business analysts, or whoever changed that percentage (I doubt it's at the programmer level; probably a Rule in a Support Table), made them way too scarce. Why not make it a user option to set them as few or many?

The problem is I have tons of Rare stuff being dropped, but extremely rarely will a Unique item drop, and the ones that do have all sucked. Who would ever want to equip an item (Maligaro's Lens) that reduces your ALL Elemental Resistances by 50???

I need lots of Scrolls to identify all the Rare and Magic items to get good currency when I sell them. Thus I am selling the Rare and Magic items unidentified and losing out on the mass of currency I need to reforge items a thousand times until it's finally a good roll. I had several thousands of Scrolls in a previous game. Frustrating.

There's a bunch of changes I wish they'd make. Number 1 is they'd change the main Inventory to have one more row. It's a pain in the a$$ to constantly go back to town to unload an un-full inventory. It makes the game tedious.

Regardless, I love the game and continue to monetarily support it. Hopefully our support will encourage them to not destroy it like what happened with Diablo Immortal. F that!
"
RoyKM wrote:
I need lots of Scrolls to identify all the Rare and Magic items to get good currency when I sell them. Thus I am selling the Rare and Magic items unidentified and losing out on the mass of currency I need to reforge items a thousand times until it's finally a good roll. I had several thousands of Scrolls in a previous game. Frustrating.

That's a noob trap: the time you spend while going to town to vendor the junk you pick up, you could spend clearing another zone, greatly increasing the number of mobs you kill per hour (aka the chance to get valuable drops).

I recommend setting up a good loot filter, to pick up only the items that worth something.

Easiest way to setup your loot filter is to subscribe to one of Neversink's loot filters: https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/NeverSink/item-filters.

For start, use "NeverSink-3strict-softcore", then go for stricter as needed.
Last edited by 6_din_49 on Mar 31, 2023, 3:12:02 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info