[3.24] Icicle Mines / Eye of Winter Deadeye - Cheap / League Starter / Fast Mapper / 1st Day T16

If I really don't want to go Dissolution + Rathpith, whats another solution for more dps?
I've got the mid-budget build up and running and it feels pretty good, my only issue is mana on boss fights.

I see in the mid-budget build you use hypnotic eyes with increased Mana Regeneration Rate while moving, is that sufficient to address regen or would you suggest the flask craft as well?
"
Winkle wrote:
I've got the mid-budget build up and running and it feels pretty good, my only issue is mana on boss fights.

I see in the mid-budget build you use hypnotic eyes with increased Mana Regeneration Rate while moving, is that sufficient to address regen or would you suggest the flask craft as well?

You have to test it, because it depends on your total / unreserved mana too. I have mana on amulet + gloves (which may change, when I upgrade my gear further).

Usually you are fine if you have 1 or 2 sources of any mana / reduced mana cost / mana regen / high inc or high flat mana / ... or you can also run a low level clarity reserved on your life etc. .
Last edited by 99prosorc on Sep 19, 2023, 10:10:09 AM

This is the best character I had in 1300 hours of POE, very easy and smooth build. I'm not planning on playing anything else but maybe I could improve something? Divines are easy to get from TOTA but no idea where to spend them.
"
BeSudu wrote:

This is the best character I had in 1300 hours of POE, very easy and smooth build. I'm not planning on playing anything else but maybe I could improve something? Divines are easy to get from TOTA but no idea where to spend them.

1. Weapon (the adds cold damage is local and doesnt work for spells). Just spam some Woe essenes (they always add spell damage) on your sceptre (the +1 cold will stay, because it's fractured) until you hit high tier crit for spells, or crit multi, or flat cold to spells and also open suffix to craft mine throwing speed (yolo annul if necessary).

2. Abyssal jewels with 10+ crit multi & 30+ life are really cheap now!

3. I think you should get a few more proj. speed tattoos (I'm using 10, but 5+ should be fine too)

4. Boots enchant (you can enchant corrupted items, if you bring a tainted blessing)

(If resists are a problem, you can also add resists catalysts to your belt / rings / amulet.)

5. I think you are missing the 15% more proj. speed mastery

6. If you skill the little dex node next to the jewel socket next to the top right frenzy charge, you can refund the frenzy duration node and get 10 dex this way for free / you may need it to apply proj. speed tattoos

Just fixing this should already be another big upgrade!
Last edited by 99prosorc on Sep 19, 2023, 11:28:23 AM
"
PatrickFN wrote:
With This Post i want to give players some insight into my Leaguestart with this Build and hope it will help some of you in any way :)

I started with this Build in 3.22 and it was a Blast.
Campaign was an absolute breeze, just get some wands and craft flat Added DMG to Spells and use the Gems of the given PoB from our master ;)
Bosses were sometimes a bit tricky if you have to move a lot but still very easy.
After the Campaign i had found like 10 Chaos from this i bought a Bitterdream for 7 Chaos that thing carried me all the way to red maps on Day 1.
After i farmed a bit more currency (Just Do Red Altars + anything you like to farm, you will get enough)i bought a Heatshiver for 70c and Mutewind Boots for 3C on Day 2 thats all you really need to do T16 Maps
So I'm now Day 2 doing T16 Maps with invest of 80C xD thats absolutely crazy, never had such a good Leaguestart.
Rest of my gear was just Things that dropped from my maps.

Mapping was so easy because you just kill or freeze everything.
Later i bought a +5 March of the Legion (Not Corrupted) for like 5c with good rolls and god rid of my Bitterdream.
Because of this upgrade, you can throw much more mines because it's not a 7-Link anymore so your mines won't cost a Ton of Mana anymore.
I just bought some Fractured +1 To all Cold Spells Rune-Daggers (On and Offhand) Base with fracture was like 2c on day2 that's nothing.
Then i used some low Tier Essence for +% to Spell Crit and hoped for some Flat + DMG to Spells
and if you are lucky you have a free Suffix you should craft Mine Throwing Speed.
Later i just got a Lucky vaal on my March of the Legion and hit +2 Projectile Corruption :)

First Big Upgrades i Bought were a Shroud for 2 Divine with 2 Abyssal Sockets, and a Darkness Enthroned with 90% Abyss Sockets for 1 Divine
Than Stacked a Bunch of Hypnotic Abyssal Jewels to get the %Penetration and % Life going.

After i farmed some more Currency i switched to the Rathpith + Dessolution Variant + the Thread of Hope Jewel at the Top of our tree to get the Additional Curse and other benefitial Nodes.
So My Build was "complete" on Wednesday in Week 1 so is Started to really farm and bought no upgares until i farmed my HH which i had 1 Week Later on Wednesday in Week 2 :)

I really want to thank you for this awesome Build Guide, it felt so good i was so far Ahead of my Guild Mates like i was never before.
They struggled with their impending doom, LA and Boneshatter Builds in low white maps while i was Blasting through T16 Without much Problems xD
From now on i want to Start every League with this Build if it's still viable in the Future.
For eveyone that wants so try this Build, do it, it's just awesome.

You can still find my Gear + Character in my Profile (PeteLT) This was all the Gear i had to farm a HH.

Thx for sharing this!
"
CheshuR wrote:
One of, if not the best builds for investment cost I’ve ever played. Baring significant future nerfs, this will definitely be my go-to league starter moving forward. 10/10

That's nice to hear!
"
aerial wrote:
https://pobb.in/OzQWQ3wh31Xd

Few notes if you want compare DPS. This is good summary of minefield vs swift assembly:
https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/irzcgj/comment/g5i1a0v/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3

tldr: thers is hidden penalty for mine throwing speed, supports that add extra mines also add 10% throwing time hidden penalty PER extra mine.
This means minefield despite making you throw 5 mines instead of 1, has more throw speed penalty than just what you see on skill gem. Total result is 43% more dps if you factor it all.
Swift assembly with same calculation is 51% more dps, but also feels far less clunky, we throw way faster.
So, don't set Icicle Mine count:5 in pob if you have minefield it is not accurate.

As for the build, you can see 92% evade, and 95 if blinded or/and hit recently. Disorienting display makes blind aura around active all the time.
That paired with good amount of hp, less damage taken from berserk, gale force, Petri blood (40%), makes this quite tanky. Can do deathless wave 30 simu np. or stuff like feared. You still need to dodge stuff, especially in ubers, can't facetank.

It can run 100% delirium no problem, all sorts of beyond combinations too.
You can do this without mageblood, but obviously won't be as comfortable, especially on bosses with phases where you can't replenish flasks. You will need mana flask with 29% reduced cost of skills, and that will push your blessing aura to below 200 mana, still usable. Crafted belt is more life and more damage than mageblood, but obviously, defenses will suffer, harder to get high evasion. You could try get %evasion rolls on rare jewels.

For bosses swap fork to divergent hypothermia or awakened added cold. Fork is huge in dense areas, such as simulacrum or juiced maps. Turning each projectile into 4, makes any huge crowd a breeze, it really chews through anything with that, very noticable difference.

For Petrified Blood, 21/20 you need at least 30 recoup to nulifie the degen. If you run map with reduced recovery, that puts your recovery below that threshold and you will get 1-shotted if you get damaged. So for reduced recovery maps, turn off PB. In case you wonder why you randomly die sometimes, this is it. There could be some ground effects in rituals or delirium that also reduce recovery, I'm not certain about it. You could also just run something else instead of PB, for instance Tempest shield to get shock immunity and boost spell block by 25%, as well as gain some unreserved mana.

When it comes to Lori's Lantern, not 100% sure how good this is. A rare ring with stats (=more tattoos) and life rolls, could be comparable, as that % of more hp in form of unlucky enemy hits, could as well be close to extra hp we get from ring. If you can conver 50 attributes, into 5 tattoos, 2% life each, that is same as having 10% life roll on that ring. Main issue is, thers not many good rare rings for sale with poison or bleed immunity.

sorry im a noob but how do you run skitterbots and grace at the same time? I cant seem to use grace at all even with divine blessing?
"
sorry im a noob but how do you run skitterbots and grace at the same time? I cant seem to use grace at all even with divine blessing?

Divergent Inspiration and Divergent Devine Blessing both give additional mana reduction on quality, so i'm guessing its that?

How do you deal with bleed/poison/ignite? Do you simply kill everything in sight before they inflict any form of ailment? I feel like most builds using Dissolution of the Flesh i've seen use abyss gems with avoid chance to mitigate this but yours don't? Or maybe i should ust git gud and learn to avoid enemy attacks.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info