[3.24] Icicle Mines / Eye of Winter Deadeye - Cheap / League Starter / Fast Mapper / 1st Day T16

https://pobb.in/OzQWQ3wh31Xd

Few notes if you want compare DPS. This is good summary of minefield vs swift assembly:
https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/irzcgj/comment/g5i1a0v/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3

tldr: thers is hidden penalty for mine throwing speed, supports that add extra mines also add 10% throwing time hidden penalty PER extra mine.
This means minefield despite making you throw 5 mines instead of 1, has more throw speed penalty than just what you see on skill gem. Total result is 43% more dps if you factor it all.
Swift assembly with same calculation is 51% more dps, but also feels far less clunky, we throw way faster.
So, don't set Icicle Mine count:5 in pob if you have minefield it is not accurate.

As for the build, you can see 92% evade, and 95 if blinded or/and hit recently. Disorienting display makes blind aura around active all the time.
That paired with good amount of hp, less damage taken from berserk, gale force, Petri blood (40%), makes this quite tanky. Can do deathless wave 30 simu np. or stuff like feared. You still need to dodge stuff, especially in ubers, can't facetank.

It can run 100% delirium no problem, all sorts of beyond combinations too.
You can do this without mageblood, but obviously won't be as comfortable, especially on bosses with phases where you can't replenish flasks. You will need mana flask with 29% reduced cost of skills, and that will push your blessing aura to below 200 mana, still usable. Crafted belt is more life and more damage than mageblood, but obviously, defenses will suffer, harder to get high evasion. You could try get %evasion rolls on rare jewels.

For bosses swap fork to divergent hypothermia or awakened added cold. Fork is huge in dense areas, such as simulacrum or juiced maps. Turning each projectile into 4, makes any huge crowd a breeze, it really chews through anything with that, very noticable difference.

For Petrified Blood, 21/20 you need at least 30 recoup to nulifie the degen. If you run map with reduced recovery, that puts your recovery below that threshold and you will get 1-shotted if you get damaged. So for reduced recovery maps, turn off PB. In case you wonder why you randomly die sometimes, this is it. There could be some ground effects in rituals or delirium that also reduce recovery, I'm not certain about it. You could also just run something else instead of PB, for instance Tempest shield to get shock immunity and boost spell block by 25%, as well as gain some unreserved mana.

When it comes to Lori's Lantern, not 100% sure how good this is. A rare ring with stats (=more tattoos) and life rolls, could be comparable, as that % of more hp in form of unlucky enemy hits, could as well be close to extra hp we get from ring. If you can conver 50 attributes, into 5 tattoos, 2% life each, that is same as having 10% life roll on that ring. Main issue is, thers not many good rare rings for sale with poison or bleed immunity.
Last edited by aerial on Sep 15, 2023, 4:47:31 PM
I started using Minefield in 3.17 (after they reworked it):
"
Now have 55% less Mine Throwing Speed at gem level 1 (previously 65%), up to 46% less at gem level 20 (previously 60%).

In my opinion, it does not feel clunky if you have a lot of throwing speed.
With mines = 5, the dps seems pretty accurate. I think it's as accurate as we can get it in PoB. The time it takes to kill endgame bosses matches the dps quite well.
I prefer Minefield for maps with high density.
If you farm bosses and stack mines + chain detonate, you should use Swift Assembly.
(Before the rework in 3.17, Minefield was really bad.)
If you want to use Swift Assembly for mapping, you should get anything to improve the screen coverage:
- Anomalous Icicle
- Nimis
- More chain / pierce / fork
I may switch to Swift Assembly later too (I want to fix some stuff first, I'm just too lazy to do it...).
Last edited by 99prosorc on Sep 15, 2023, 8:51:28 PM
so I see you use rathpith globe and dissolution of the flesh but how do you keep up the health when losing 20% of your hp everytime you want to attack ( once for icicle and once of detonation mean 2x10%
"
matheu132 wrote:
so I see you use rathpith globe and dissolution of the flesh but how do you keep up the health when losing 20% of your hp everytime you want to attack ( once for icicle and once of detonation mean 2x10%

It reserves instead of using, so you actually just spam your mines, and since you're using boots its cheap on mana.
IGN: Totempo

Build: Double Totem Spark.
As returning player still trying to understand everything new in game.

If you have time, please, take a look on my character, is it good or i miss something ?

Damage seems much lower when i compare to yours mid-budget.
And what auras to use ? And why EHP so low ?
https://pobb.in/u/Crazymaned/fQUjLSUTLv4L

two weeks growing :S

And what to do to progress actually? I getting like 4-6 divines per 8 hours gameplay :D
TOA - rank ~700 (max drop is 1 divine orb)
Delve - depth ~340, killed 4 auls, one neck sold for 5 div (unid).
Aul was really hard at 315 with my current setup, what you need for EoW beside gems ? Is it possible to quick switch for boss fights ?
Today learned about delirium, made atlas tree - getting orbs with Delirium mod (map device) then go with 60% ?

Atlas tree btw (Delirium + Abyss + Legion) (feels good) or mistake ? :D
https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-atlas-skill-tree/AAAABgAAfgNiBPgLcQ7TD-wQ4RIqEkgUdxWxF8sY7RtOHn0fZiaKK34r1y6LMAMwNTHlM-Q0pjXqOY46RjqvO59BjEJzQwhDqUTaR89RglNhVPFZPFrOYCFge2TuZQBmKGZ4ZrVn6WnVdMF0-nUndxR3eXebev17Cn0TgBCAZIEPgqCDlIQRh2aNuI_UkU2RjJnqnBKdXp2HnaOjbqUsp4Ku57SGtX22Arcrt1G7KryovNC_OMNNxQLF_sYzxjjG0Meczw7Uh9Zb1x7apdxN3RfdHOCo43DjfOX65ibmT-bN55boiOqN6srs5e4q767yZfKT82z0B_fk-rL6_Pst_HH9yQAA
IGN: Totempo

Build: Double Totem Spark.
Last edited by Crazymaned on Sep 17, 2023, 3:18:13 PM
https://pobb.in/eK6w89V0Pm1d

Here's my build with this so far. I find it quite hard to scale the damage beyond this. I can think of switching my amulet to a replica golden-fang with a +3 level to Icicle Mine mod and anoint with savagery (+1 frenzy charge) that will give me about 750k more DPS, but still the gameplay feels clunky, it was good before with the minefield support, easy map clear, but with swift assembly, I feel like I have mash buttons faster and harder. what am I missing? can my build be improved from this?
player agency, where?

"do you guys not have phones?" - blizz 2018
"do you guys not have 2 monitors, 3 overlays, 4 discord, 5 websites, 6 loot filters?" - ggg or smth 2024
"deal with it" - ggg, 2024
"
iParadoxG wrote:
https://pobb.in/eK6w89V0Pm1d

Here's my build with this so far. I find it quite hard to scale the damage beyond this. I can think of switching my amulet to a replica golden-fang with a +3 level to Icicle Mine mod and anoint with savagery (+1 frenzy charge) that will give me about 750k more DPS, but still the gameplay feels clunky, it was good before with the minefield support, easy map clear, but with swift assembly, I feel like I have mash buttons faster and harder. what am I missing? can my build be improved from this?

- your flask setup . . ., it's quite important to run a proper one! this also includes the suffix, prefix, quality, enchant
- your jewels seem very bad, you should be able to get upgrades for a few chaos already.
- you are missing the +4 gem levels corruption on chest
- helm enchant 15% throw speed or crit multi
- mine throw speed on weapon
- mine throw speed on amulet
- mine throw speed + dmg from +1 frenzy anoint on amulet, also get one with high crit multi + +1
- mine throw speed from essence on belt
- more levels -> more jewel sockets
- Nimis, if you can afford one
- if you don't use tattoos yet, get at least 6-10 proj speed ones and +1 int or frenzy
- boots enchant

- chain range + +1 pierce node + 15% more proj speed mastery

I think my Day 1 starter setup probably plays / feels like what you currently have. You can improve pretty much every piece.
Last edited by 99prosorc on Sep 17, 2023, 8:35:48 PM
Thanks for the detailed response, I'll try to get those mine throwing speed ASAP. and the chest too, if I have some divs to spare after the amu and others. <3

About the flask setup, what prefix and suffix should I be looking for?
player agency, where?

"do you guys not have phones?" - blizz 2018
"do you guys not have 2 monitors, 3 overlays, 4 discord, 5 websites, 6 loot filters?" - ggg or smth 2024
"deal with it" - ggg, 2024
Last edited by iParadoxG on Sep 17, 2023, 8:35:59 PM
"
iParadoxG wrote:
Thanks for the detailed response, I'll try to get those mine throwing speed ASAP. and the chest too, if I have some divs to spare after the amu and others. <3

About the flask setup, what prefix and suffix should I be looking for?

You want 100% uptime on your flasks.

+30 max charges enables you to use your Quicksilver 3 times instead of 2 times.
(This can be different for other flask bases)
I'm running one with +30 charges and increased movement speed.
I prefer the "reused at end" enchant.

This is subject to personal preference. Someone else may prefer a different setup.
Last edited by 99prosorc on Sep 17, 2023, 8:59:09 PM
I'm looking for a good Sanctum build. Could this do it?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info