Frankfurt Server still sucks

I really don't know what thefuck is going on here. Every time I want to play the game (On Series X) and the London server is full, I automatically get bumped in the Server to Frankfurt. The problem is that this server is really shit.

The problem is the constant laggs, freeze frames, delays and such. I don't know what else to do. I took a video here on Twitter that shows the problems:
https://twitter.com/Sawbones194/status/1633544506019827712?t=e0ozJ21TJvV5kpqqR2oXbg&s=19

Do the devss plan to replace the server at some point, or give me the option to play on a non-broken server? If I choose another server, for example Australia, or Moscow (Amstadam isnt even accsessible in Console for reasons), I also have Laggs, but they are not as stupid as in Frankfurt. And that although I am not even an hour away from Frankfurt.

Is there anything I can do in the settings or the like, so that I have no problems while playing? If important: I am connected with LAN cable with a 150k line. And on all other servers I don't have these problems.
Last bumped on Oct 24, 2023, 2:46:16 PM
"
Sawbones194 wrote:
I really don't know what thefuck is going on here. Every time I want to play the game (On Series X) and the London server is full, I automatically get bumped in the Server to Frankfurt. The problem is that this server is really shit.

The problem is the constant laggs, freeze frames, delays and such. I don't know what else to do. I took a video here on Twitter that shows the problems:
https://twitter.com/Sawbones194/status/1633544506019827712?t=e0ozJ21TJvV5kpqqR2oXbg&s=19

Do the devss plan to replace the server at some point, or give me the option to play on a non-broken server? If I choose another server, for example Australia, or Moscow (Amstadam isnt even accsessible in Console for reasons), I also have Laggs, but they are not as stupid as in Frankfurt. And that although I am not even an hour away from Frankfurt.

Is there anything I can do in the settings or the like, so that I have no problems while playing? If important: I am connected with LAN cable with a 150k line. And on all other servers I don't have these problems.

per game design of GGG, then when a local PoE gateway is almost at max capacity, it will start making new play instances on other gateways around the world. This is why you get sessions on Frankfurt. Nothing can be done about this part.

It would be nice to compare a WinMTR report (300+ packet) to both a London and Frankfurt play instance. However you will need a PC for that + I don't know how to find the instance IP on an Xbox client.
I got a PC at least but dont know much about MTR or how to use it i'm afraid
"
Sawbones194 wrote:
I got a PC at least but dont know much about MTR or how to use it i'm afraid

Here is GGG's guide on how to use WinMTR -->
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1377789
However I don't know how you find the instance IP on a Xbox system.
Yeah I can't find anything about the Xbox IP myself so i guess I'll wait till the support jumps in in that
"
Sawbones194 wrote:
Yeah I can't find anything about the Xbox IP myself so i guess I'll wait till the support jumps in in that

Sadly GGG doesn't offer TECH support "for the moment" (been like this for several years now), so that will be a long wait..... :(
If anybody wants to know: the problems Tele curse when the London server is full and I got forced to the Frankfurt Server
The server are still broken.
After 3 months of doing-nothing on side of the devs the Frankfurt Server I got forced on whenever the London server is full, still runs like shit.

Speaking of shit: the Support still comes with the excuse of "Tech support is big no no" so I guess that's the official Path of Exile experience.
If you guys want to actually do a traceroute test (with winmtr, properly) then you can access your router (usually via 192.168.1.1) - login with the credentials that you input when you set it up (or if supplied by your ISP; is on the router itself, usually a label on the backside)

And then you can see which connections are currently active, if your router isn't some weird poopoo.

It might look something like this on the router GUI https://imgur.com/a/bOYPpTs

That's the only way I can think of doing it

GGG servers are 99% flawless (closer to 99.99% honestly)

The main issue is awful scummy ISP's like Cogent throttling and deprioritizing connections.
Last edited by h3h3sucks on Jul 21, 2023, 6:21:27 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info