which GPU should I use to properly play POE in comfort?

Is GTX 1650 gpu is good enough to play with comfort or should I play with RTX 3050 to make it stable?
Last bumped on Apr 9, 2023, 4:28:07 AM
PoE is a mixed bag of cats. You need everything to be decent, but it's mostly CPU intensive. GTX 1650 with an i7 of the latest gens should be fine. At least 16GB because you will be playing with a second monitor with PoB, poe,ninja and whatever other 3rd party stuff kids play with these days. SSD is a must, obviously.
Ruthless should be [Removed by Support].
Last edited by AdRonZh3Ro on Mar 6, 2023, 10:38:15 PM
My configuration is not very low ... but low.

CPU: Ryen 3 1300
GPU: Geforce 1080
RAM: 8 GB
SSD: yes
Resolution: 1980 x 1024

PoE plays ok, only "spawning" of many enemies and/or minions (vaal skeletons) slows or freezes stops game for some seconds.
(Enough to kill you sometimes.)

You need a SSD for changing areas, even your hideout and towns (big name for that small areas) take some time WITH a SSD.

I have open always 5-7 browser tabs for PoE and 2 for other things.
If I run a 2nd game which uses some GB RAM PoE game play slowes down a little,
but area loading (even towns and hideouts) slows down to 30-60sec or even longer.
So I guess 16 GB RAM would be better :-)

"
AdRonZh3Ro wrote:
PoE is a mixed bag of cats. You need everything to be decent, but it's mostly CPU intensive. GTX 1650 with an i7 of the latest gens should be fine. At least 16GB because you will be playing with a second monitor with PoB, poe,ninja and whatever other 3rd party stuff kids play with these days. SSD is a must, obviously.
Pob on a 2nd monitor.

-Official Forum Dweller-
-I started the hoho movement-
-Exploit Early - Exploit Often-
-Moderators are absurd and OP-
Last edited by xPiranha on Mar 7, 2023, 9:33:48 AM
"
TheSerenePath wrote:
Is GTX 1650 gpu is good enough to play with comfort or should I play with RTX 3050 to make it stable?
Between these two I'd get a 3050 because it is both faster and much more recent. That or a RX 6600. Either will do fine for PoE.
"
Between these two I'd get a 3050 because it is both faster and much more recent. That or a RX 6600. Either will do fine for PoE.

You forgot much more expensive. And a garbage CPU will bottle neck it anyway. And it'll catch fire or not even work properly if you don't change pretty much everything else to match it's spec.

@xPiranha
Yours is too clogged with Quin69 or something?
Last edited by AdRonZh3Ro on Mar 7, 2023, 2:47:52 PM
"
AdRonZh3Ro wrote:
"

You forgot much more expensive. And a garbage CPU will bottle neck it anyway. And it'll catch fire or not even work properly if you don't change pretty much everything else to match it's spec.

a 10x series card is outdated, hes going to have to replace it soon anyway. a 1080 is about the only model that i would even recommend keeping from that generation, maybe a 1070 if hes one of those guys willing to play close to minimum settings

a 30x card has very good bang for the buck and will last much longer. its not just poe, most games are not friendly with mid-lower end 10x generation cards anymore
"
AdRonZh3Ro wrote:
"

Oh really? Who would have thought. OP asked between two models and obviously the latter is a much better choice. Their CPU or PSU is not even up for debate at this point.
@Crimvaal
Except if you actually read what OP asked, you would've seen that he asked if his current GPU is enough, which might be. It's beyond obvious that CPU is a much larger bottle neck than GPU for PoE, and if that is the case for OP, it would be a much better purchase for overall PC performance, not just gaming. Not bringing up CPU nor PSU when GPU is the subject of conversation is just unfathomable stupidity, even more so when 3050 suggests required system power of 550w and 1650 suggested PSU is 250w.
Last edited by AdRonZh3Ro on Mar 7, 2023, 4:08:33 PM
depends on your build I guess.

I play with an 6800XT GPU and 5800x3d CPU, and still got some laggs all arround the place.

Get the best you can get and pray

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info