[3.22 update] Ethical Crit Impending Doom + Hexblast Occultist: The 6699 Build

Okay Thanks Mate
"
Kisamii wrote:
What i can do to push my Damage ? The Weapon Quality craft is work in Progress. Other stuff ? And which pantheon do you use? Here is my POB https://pobb.in/GgMYTJW7gFeT

If your PoB is configured properly, you have room for a little more cast speed given your current cooldown rate. However, you don't have any flasks in the PoB and there's not an abyssal jewel in the Stygian so double-check those. Other than that, your major DPS upgrades would be more sources of critical strike multiplier. You also have an unnecessary small attribute travel point near Eternal Youth.
How do you kill curse immune if you dont take the ascendancy for it? Just run away from them?
"
Sacarox wrote:
How do you kill curse immune if you dont take the ascendancy for it? Just run away from them?

Enemies can have two types of curse reduction: "Hexproof" and "Curse Immune".

Hexproof:
Enemies are unaffected by your curses, but are still considered as cursed. This means that you can still trigger curse mechanics such as Doom Blast and Hexblast in this build. The only change is that the enemies will have higher resistances to our damage. The Occultist ascendancy can negate this, but the mod is so infrequent, our ascendancy points are better used elsewhere.

This is available as a map mod, so just reroll your maps with the Hexproof modifier. For the infrequent occasion that it occurs on a monster pack, it'll just take a few more seconds to kill.

Curse Immune:
Enemies are unaffected by curses and cannot have them applied in any way. This means we cannot proc Doom Blast at all and Hexblast does very little damage. Note that even with the Unholy Authority Occultist ascendancy, these monsters STILL won't be affected by curses.

Fortunately, the only source of this mod on enemies is from Expedition remnants. Just be careful to not explode remnants that have this modifier. If you accidentally do, I would consider the encounter bricked. Just move on, it's not worth your time.

Hope this helps.
Last edited by _Atollo_ on Sep 19, 2023, 9:42:05 PM
Gotcha, thanks :)
Hey I love your build but I still die too much, it feels weak to me idk if I have something wrong. I will be grateful if you can take a look https://pobb.in/YOwM2GcCf4Gi
Cheers.
Last edited by SrChu on Sep 21, 2023, 5:29:18 PM
"
SrChu wrote:
Hey I love your build but I still die too much, it feels weak to me idk if I have something wrong. I will be grateful if you can take a look https://pobb.in/YOwM2GcCf4Gi
Cheers.

Your defensive layers and resists are fine, you just need max life. The effective hit pool on my character is ~50% higher than yours and I'm sure it's just cause you have 3.6k life and my character had almost 5k. You're missing some of the life nodes on the tree, you could also get the +50 flat life mastery which would help a surprising amount. I would spec out of some damage nodes and into life nodes until you're able to grab 3-5 more levels.

I also think headhunter is really messing up your build. For starters, I had almost 100 flat life on the belt and a bunch of strength (which gives another +1 life per 2 strength). There was then another 40 flat life in the jewel in the belt socket. Getting that flat life back would really help fix your life pool.

I'm also willing to bet that the headhunter buffs are breaking your damage. This build balances cast speed and cooldown recovery. Your build is set up correctly but some of the options on the headhunter buffs grant big chunks of increased cast speed and these won't appear in PoB. This would make you miss a cooldown on doom blast and that would cut your damage almost in half. Also, the temporal bubble headhunter buff would make temp chains expire slower and again, you might miss a doom blast cooldown.

Headhunter is cool, but I don't think it works very well in this build. I'd look for a stygian vise with >90 life, >50 strength, and room to benchcraft CDR. Then invest in an abyss jewel with >30 flat life and critical strike multiplier.

Good luck
Last edited by _Atollo_ on Sep 21, 2023, 9:53:51 PM
"
_Atollo_ wrote:
"
SrChu wrote:
Cheers.

Your defensive layers and resists are fine, you just need max life. The effective hit pool on my character is ~50% higher than yours and I'm sure it's just cause you have 3.6k life and my character had almost 5k. You're missing some of the life nodes on the tree, you could also get the +50 flat life mastery which would help a surprising amount. I would spec out of some damage nodes and into life nodes until you're able to grab 3-5 more levels.

I also think headhunter is really messing up your build. For starters, I had almost 100 flat life on the belt and a bunch of strength (which gives another +1 life per 2 strength). There was then another 40 flat life in the jewel in the belt socket. Getting that flat life back would really help fix your life pool.

I'm also willing to bet that the headhunter buffs are breaking your damage. This build balances cast speed and cooldown recovery. Your build is set up correctly but some of the options on the headhunter buffs grant big chunks of increased cast speed and these won't appear in PoB. This would make you miss a cooldown on doom blast and that would cut your damage almost in half. Also, the temporal bubble headhunter buff would make temp chains expire slower and again, you might miss a doom blast cooldown.

Headhunter is cool, but I don't think it works very well in this build. I'd look for a stygian vise with >90 life, >50 strength, and room to benchcraft CDR. Then invest in an abyss jewel with >30 flat life and critical strike multiplier.

Good luck
Thanks for your extended response, HH was a gift from a friend so i thought it could fit but yeah is a downgrade haha.
Cool build, first time playing an occultist lol, and the pops are so satisfying.

Looking for upgrades, mostly damage and survival, still some levels left but im getting there.

If anyone could look into my pobb and see somethings i can improve which i'm not seeing, besides the cane but there no good rolls on trade atm.

also, idk if the curse calculations are ok on my end, sometimes it feels i'm casting the curses too quickly.

https://pobb.in/DkomebZM3t7c

Again, thanks for the build is very good.
"
marquesini wrote:

Cool build, first time playing an occultist lol, and the pops are so satisfying.

Glad you're enjoying it, that's very rewarding for me :)

"
marquesini wrote:

also, idk if the curse calculations are ok on my end, sometimes it feels i'm casting the curses too quickly.

When I imported your build into PoB from pobb.in, it didn't have anything ticked in configs or any of the flasks "on." When I turn on all your flasks and enable onslaught in the config, your cast speed is higher than your cooldown recovery rate on Doom Blast. So when all your buffs are up (mapping) you're probably nerfing your damage.

I think the biggest difference between your gearing and mine is the cluster jewel. You're getting 10% cast speed from Unholy Grace which is pushing you over the edge.

My suggestion would be to drop the entire "Defiled Forces" wheel at the top left of the tree. This will make you lose 20% cast speed on your curse, putting you back under the CDR rate of Doom Blast. The "hindered" from that mastery isn't totally necessary for the build and it saves you 4 passive points. If this still doesn't feel right, try replacing your 1/20% Divergent Temp Chains with a 1/0% normal Temp Chains. You're getting another 10% cast speed from the alternate quality.

There's a few options for those saved passive points. You probably want to finish out the "Quick Recovery" wheel for more max life. For another 2 points you could also path down to "Ancestral Knowledge" and tattoo it with "Honoured Tattoo of the Storm" for +1 power charge. That's at least 10% more damage, probably more. You could then fit in another curse too if you can find a double-corrupted pair of Vixen's with 2 curse on hit.

"
marquesini wrote:

Looking for upgrades, mostly damage and survival, still some levels left but im getting there.

Your biggest defensive gear upgrade would be a better Loreweave. The two most important rolls are the flat life and the maximum resistances. Try to find one with >50 life and 78% resist.

You're right about the cane being the offensive upgrade; a spell damage or even better chaos damage roll instead of the damage per power charge would be another 10 - 15% more damage.

Your synthesized jewel is a quite nice base, but if you want, it could be improved by fishing for some better explicit rolls. You ideally would like to be able to hit two critical strike multiplier rolls (you don't need the increased crit chance because you already get a lot of that from power charges). You could try to harvest reforge crit until you get two applicable crit multipliers, or at least crit multiplier + % max life.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info