[3.22 update] Ethical Crit Impending Doom + Hexblast Occultist: The 6699 Build

Eternal Damnation + Loreweave is an extremely strong defensive combo. The “elemental damage reduction” from eternal damnation is a very hard stat to acquire and works ON TOP OF elemental resistances. Loreweave negates the downside of the amulet. The combination is equivalent to having ~86% maximum elemental resistances which is otherwise very difficult to accomplish. It is the builds only form of elemental mitigation (there is no room for max suppression).

Your culling strike amulet is giving you 10% more damage. I’d strongly suggest switching, but if you choose to stick with it I’d recommend getting a different body armour as loreweave is no longer as necessary. You may have a hard time leveling beyond 92, etc with only base max res as your only elemental mitigation.
"
_Atollo_ wrote:
"

Let me know what you think and if that idea works.

That actually seems like an amazing idea, going to try it out.
"
_Atollo_ wrote:
"
can you post the pob of how this most surviability build would work? i read and i really like the idea but maybe kindda confusing to fully understand

https://pobb.in/2WyJZLOxNejv

This is just a rough sketch of what it would look like. Overall saves 1 skill point, adds ~10% more damage, loses ~300 life but adds a bunch of phys mitigation. Skill tree requires level 97. Last couple of points would probably be used to get "Endurance."

Don't pay too much attention to the damage numbers; the cast speed from "Unholy Grace" bricked the trigger rate and I'm not going to fix it for this hypothetical.

After testing stuff on craft of exile and also wasting a bit of chaos I think the large cluster in this POB is impossible to get. You cant have 2 notables that are both suffixes (Unspeakable gifts & Unholy grace.) You'd have to take a suffix and 2 prefixes and spend an extra 2 points I think to get Unholy grace and Unwaveringly Evil as one of them will always be in the back. Still good, just need 1 extra point.

Also, apparently Impossible escape doesnt work in a cluster jewel socket (as it is shown in the POB, which is weird. You gotta put in a normal jewel socket on the tree. That had me confused for a bit.
Last edited by loukyy on Sep 6, 2023, 9:15:11 PM
"
You cant have 2 notables that are both suffixes

Interesting, I had no idea. I see it on CraftOfExile now, they all have the same mod group so you can only have one of the suffix notables. Unholy Grace is definitely the best option but you seem to have already figured that out :)

I think the other two notables you'd want are Unwaveringly Evil and Touch of Cruelty. Definitely NOT Wicked Pall as that would brick the curse duration.

"
Impossible escape doesnt work in a cluster jewel socket

I should've remembered that; no radius jewels in the cluster slots and IE is an unconventional radius jewel.

Thanks for testing
why seens that Divergent Temporal Chains 1/20% is less damage than normal temporal chains the cast speed lowers the damage? i'm confuisng
"
why seems that Divergent Temporal Chains 1/20% is less damage than normal temporal chains the cast speed lowers the damage?

Can’t be 100% sure without seeing the specific POB that’s being used, but it’s probably a trigger rate problem. This is a trigger build so there’s an optimization between fast speed and trigger rate. It’s similar to what happens in a cast-on-crit build or a ward loop build if you’ve played those before.

What probably happened is that the increased cast speed from Divergent Temp Chains increases your cast rate ABOVE the cooldown recovery rate of Doom Blast. This means that your curse expires which should trigger Doom Blast but it’s still on cooldown so it can’t happen. It then has to wait another entire trigger cycle for it to finally be procced. If this is the situation, you would need to either lower the cast speed a little bit or increase your cooldown recovery rate.

FYI, you can check these interactions in POB. Make sure your configurations tab is set up appropriately, then look at Doom Blast in the Calcs tab. There’s a panel called “attack/cast rate”: this shows you your trigger rate cap and your cast rate. You want to maximize the number “skill trigger rate” through a balance of cast speed and cooldown recovery.

Good question though, I will add to the FAQ.
Last edited by _Atollo_ on Sep 7, 2023, 11:50:16 AM
Last edited by Kisamii on Sep 16, 2023, 3:25:32 AM
What i can do to push my Damage ? The Weapon Quality craft is work in Progress. Other stuff ? And which pantheon do you use? Here is my POB https://pobb.in/GgMYTJW7gFeT
Hey pob Says you may have too much cast speed or too little cooldown reduction to Effectively use vixen's curse Replacement
"
Kisamii wrote:
Hey pob Says you may have too much cast speed or too little cooldown reduction to Effectively use vixen's curse Replacement

This version of Impending Doom doesn’t rely on Vixens curse replacement, instead it uses curse expiration from a very short duration on Temporal Chains. Recheck the mechanics section and verify your curse duration in POB.

I don’t have access to POB right now but I can check in a day or so.

You do want to balance your Doomblast cooldown with your Temp Chains cast speed though. But don’t worry about the Vixens cooldown. See my post a couple replies up about cooldown vs cast speed.
Last edited by _Atollo_ on Sep 16, 2023, 4:36:20 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info