[RIP 3.20.0 - 3.20.2c] FASTEST stationary build in the world - Warping Tendrils Inquisitor. GIGATank

Midjourney's take (very accurate, I really like the fading afterimage of warped Templar's wheelchair in the background, even though it looks like a generator bug)

UPDATE: The build is dead. Good night, sweet prince.
"
Lightning Tendrils now deals 1 to 6 Lightning Damage at gem level 1 (previously 1 to 4), scaling up to 75 to 1420 at gem level 20 (previously 55 to 1052), and has 130% Effectiveness of Added Damage at all gem levels (previously 100%). Stronger Pulses no longer deal 200% more Damage with Hits, instead Stronger Pulses always Critically Strike. Now releases a Stronger Pulse every 3 Pulses (previously every 4).

Quality on Phantasmal Lightning Tendrils now provides "Deals 0-30% less Damage" (previously 0-15%), and "Stronger Pulses deal 0-150% more Damage with Hits and Ailments" (previously 0-250%).

Introduction
This is an Inquisitor self cast Lightning Tendrils linked with Cast While Channeling Lightning Warp for movement.

PoB
https://pobb.in/u/Ansharit/AKPPtHMILzdY
Points of growth:
Devouring Diadem with +1 Power Charges
Two +1 Power Charge Rings
Conviction of Power Forbidden F/Fs

Videos
PoC video:
https://youtu.be/u8S6Is1dA-M
t16 video:
https://youtu.be/eUbZWZXuzSE
Alched Minotaur video:
https://youtu.be/zzS8t0ar374

Pros
Spoiler
Fun.
Fast.
One button (You have to hold it though)
Tanky (Regen/Overleech/Chill/Armour/Ailment immunity*/etc)
Stationary (Yes.)
Corpse Destruction (Shatter)
Fast (Fastest build I had (except for 3.12 aura stacker maybe))
Big damage (Biggest dps I had on a build this league)
No annoying sound from Ralakesh's Impatience (Mostly)
Can be cheap
Skill dependent.
Dubstep viable. (https://youtu.be/u8S6Is1dA-M)

Cons
Spoiler
Will be nerfed next league. (See 1st Pros. point)
Skill dependent.
5k life build
75% ele res
Unique-heavy

How it all works.
Spoiler

Charge tech:
We use Ralakesh's Impatience boots. Since we're always stationary, we get a lot of power with no downside. We use Inner Conviction keystone that causes our power charges to provide 3% more spell damage per power charge, but prohibits us from generating frenzy charges. With these boots we go around this downside as our minimum frenzy charges are still present and they provide 4% more and 4% cast speed each. We take as much power charges as possible on a tree, on a helm corrupt, and scale their effectiveness with tree and

We then make our frenzy charges equal our power charges with

Mind over Matter + Eldritch Battery

We get Diadem for strong aura setup and to fix mana issue.
We then take Mind Over Matter(Corrupted Soul 2.0) to split damage taken between life and energy shield(the latter is hastily regenerated thanks to our ascendancy)
With Skin of the Lords we get gem levels for our Tendrils and Pain Attunement keystone (we can path to it, but I decided to save some points)
With Mind Over Matter Invocation we can drop MoM on a tree.
Unavailable

Since we're low life, we can get overleech If reserve less than 50% of our life.
There are multiple ways: Watcher's eye "#% of damage leeched as life while affected by Vitality", Eater implicit on gloves, Forbidden Flame/Flesh Illuminated Devotion, Doryani's Lesson large cluster notable.
If you go Illuminated Devotion you'll have to get "Gain Arcane Surge for 4 seconds when you create Consecrated Ground while affected by Zealotry" - and since every time we WARP we create a new instance of Conc. Ground from our ascendancy, we can go around Eldritch Battery and get PERMA ARCANE SURGE. Very strong!(And smart!)

We apply chill by answering one of either Calls:
Call of the Brotherhood or Call of the Void unique rings.
I prefer Call of the Void, even though we cannot FREEZE with it unlike with Call of the Brotherhood.

But since I've got "Cataclysmic" Sanctified Relic I use 2 rare rings right now.

Most important part is 15% recoup on one of them.

LIGHTNING WARP [IMPORTANT]
We push reduced duration on this boy up to 100% reduced.
Ways to get there:
Lightning Warp gem levels (Empower, +2 to socketed gems on body)
Window of Opportunity notable (up to 25% reduced skill effect duration)
Timeclasp unique ring (up to 20% reduced skill effect duration)
Helmet enchant (up to 30% reduced duration of lightning warp)
You don't have to reach 100% reduced, but it will feel much smoother(95% and 100% are VERY noticeable for me for some reason). Also if you're not going for 100% reduced, you'll need a chunk of movement speed and Rotgut is the best in slot for you.

Flasks
We use
which provides us with 26+ seconds Onslaught buff which is not tied to flask itself, so very nice to have on Exarch Altars with 100500% reduced flask duration. It cannot consume Frenzy Charges, it is sustainable on bosses(50% chance to gain charge on crit) so it is a very well suited flask for us.
If we're reaching 100% reduced LWarp duration, we can go for magic Onslaught flask.

Ascendancy
Spoiler
Inevitable Judgement + Pious Path
Forbidden Flame/Flesh: Illuminated Devotion
Best Forbidden Flame/Flesh: Conviction of Power

Current Gear
Spoiler

Charge-Stacking Mafia

The rest

Flasks TBD

Jewels
Watcher's Eye: Gain Arcane Surge on conc. ground creation - Zealotry mod(10% more damage, can't beat that)
Forbidden Flame
Forbidden Flesh
Impossible Escape (Magebane) - abundant, can be skipped for something better
1x Large Cluster: 3 Notables, "Overshock" highly recommended
2x Medium Clusters: 2 Notables, "Precise Focus" highly recommended

Pantheon
Spoiler

Major:
Soul of the Brine King if you go Grace
Any other than Brine king if you go Purity of Elements

Minor:
Soul of Ralakesh until you get CB jewel
Any other Soul, but remember that Tukohama doesn't work. (As any "..every second while stationary" stat)

Last edited by Ansharit on Mar 31, 2023, 5:58:04 AM
Last bumped on Apr 7, 2023, 2:54:37 AM
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.

I just remembered we can use Divine Blessing Support to get extra aura.
We equip Grace into Diadem(permanent evasion) and put Wrath on Divine Blessing to proc when we need extra damage.
It also allows us to use Chance to Suppress Spell damage while affected by Grace. If we grab Reflexes (next to Windows of Opportunity) it's already 25% chance to suppress. We put The Green Nightmare near eternal youth which would provide us with 15% chance to suppress. Small passives near Reflexes would provide us with extra 12% chance to supress.
Even though it's not capped, it looks very promising (like 26% reduced spell damage taken from hits)

I'll try it as soon as I can.
Sincerely yours
Gonsheeq Nelegalny
Last edited by Ansharit on Feb 13, 2023, 10:15:01 AM
So it's like slower Flicker Strike but with all spell damage. That's neat.

It would be really nice if someone could make a comparison of a Flicker Strike and CwC+LWarp+(any-channeling-damage-dealing-spell-or-attack) setup as I don't really have much time or computational power to do it.

But I want to note that:
1. You can choose where to warp. You can get out of spicy situations, and you can move without mobs around. Flicker can't. In Underground Sea map I got to Merveil boss in ~4 seconds.
2. I wanted a build that can tank. It can. Can your Flicker Strike tank, exile?

Spoiler
You could actually make Blade Flurry into Flicker Strike with CwC+LWarp. But is it worth it? 2 "support gems" sacrificed for mobility. It cannot be scaled with MORE multipliers from Inner Conviction + Righteous Fire + Pain Attunement + Zealotry etc.

I mean, have fun before they put "Supported Spells deal 30% less Damage" instead of "Supported Triggered Spells deal 30% less Damage" on CwC gem.
Last edited by Ansharit on Feb 15, 2023, 2:23:18 AM
Very interesting that this build comes out just a few days after Mathil showed this concept and build on stream. Credit where Credits due man, why do you try to sell this as your build?
Because it's my build.

But share link if possible, please.
I mean, I found his video with Tendrils and it has:

1. Elementalist.
2. Shit tonne of golems
3. No MoM + Eldritch Battery
4. No EB + Permanent Arcane Surge (from Watcher's Zealotry mod (for Illuminated Devotion))
5. Using Annihilating Light
6. Not stacking charges
7. Not a low-life + Anomalous Petrified Blood
8. No overleech
9. Not stacking auras

Yeah, actually Mathil's build, thanks for having his back on forums, Andy, so no one steals his builds for themselves.

Spoiler
I actually got inspired by this https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3339207, where someone got inspired by Chinese player. It dates to 2 of January, when Mathils Elementalist video is of 27 of January🤔🤔🤔 yet I don't see a link to the thread above in his video description nor in his forum post🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔

Spoiler
I will also add that I'm currently working on making champion charge&aura stacker (something like Replica Restless Ward/Arn's Anguish). Treat this statement as a copyright, and every charge-stacking Duelist must link this post in their build guide.

Last edited by Ansharit on Feb 18, 2023, 3:10:10 AM
I have been messing around with the recently buffed Lightning Tendrils (as Shadow and low-life Elementalist) lately and having a lot of fun. I was using Lightning Warp on a four-link to travel but didn't think of integrating the two. Your build looks very intresting and I'd like to try it. Do you have a Path of Building code? I recommend https://pobb.in rather than pastebin, it's superior.

Also, please use the [URL] button in the forum editor, e.g. for your videos, it makes URLs clickable, which is so much less annoying! :)

"
Vennto wrote:
Very interesting that this build comes out just a few days after Mathil showed this concept and build on stream. Credit where Credits due man, why do you try to sell this as your build?

Mathil certainly did Lightning Tendrils CwC Lightning Warp. As an Elementalist. With many other differences.

Edit: well I have found your character. I noriced that you can save yourself a passive point if you route around the perimeter of the tree rather the inner path.
Last edited by Norky on Feb 18, 2023, 10:15:11 AM
https://pobb.in/Sxc623KVz9kt

Changes:

1. I dropped Hearty and Unfaltering.
2. Warrior's Blood on the way to Heart Of The Warrior. My net life regen is still quite positive. Yay for Consentrated Ground.
3. Picked Juggernaut instead of Barbarism.
4. added Natural Affinity for Nature's Patience. A stationary build cries for that keystone -- and we were close to a cluster socket already.
5. added an Impossible Escape from Magebane to pick up Window Of Opportunity and while we are there, picked up Profane Chemistry.
6. I have some 27% chaos resistance. Running a lightning+chaos res diadem and a 20 dex abyss jewel loses about 3.6% DPS because the Mark On Hit support level needs to drop and we lose crit chance from int but the chaos res can go quite a bit higher. The usual DPS vs defense dilemma. However, if you level to 99 then you can grab Expertise and lose less than 2% DPS compared to a dex+int diadem https://pobb.in/TL4G6aJ1_xR5

LW has 55% reduced from skill, 30% from helmet, 15% from Window Of Opportunity = 100%. And it doesn't need Empower 4 which alone costs more than the rest of the build :)

Ps.: Nevermind the flasks, I am respeccing from another build and I haven't changed them yet. The belt enchant simply came with it when I bought it, doesn't do anything for the build. It was also the only expensive item at 5div.
Last edited by TrappedInWraeclast on Feb 23, 2023, 12:12:41 AM
"
https://pobb.in/Sxc623KVz9kt

Changes:

1. I dropped Hearty and Unfaltering.
2. Warrior's Blood on the way to Heart Of The Warrior. My net life regen is still quite positive. Yay for Consentrated Ground.
3. Picked Juggernaut instead of Barbarism.
4. added Natural Affinity for Nature's Patience. A stationary build cries for that keystone -- and we were close to a cluster socket already.
5. added an Impossible Escape from Magebane to pick up Window Of Opportunity and while we are there, picked up Profane Chemistry.
6. I have some 27% chaos resistance. Running a lightning+chaos res diadem and a 20 dex abyss jewel loses about 3.6% DPS because the Mark On Hit support level needs to drop and we lose crit chance from int but the chaos res can go quite a bit higher. The usual DPS vs defense dilemma. However, if you level to 99 then you can grab Expertise and lose less than 2% DPS compared to a dex+int diadem https://pobb.in/TL4G6aJ1_xR5

LW has 55% reduced from skill, 30% from helmet, 15% from Window Of Opportunity = 100%. And it doesn't need Empower 4 which alone costs more than the rest of the build :)

Ps.: Nevermind the flasks, I am respeccing from another build and I haven't changed them yet. The belt enchant simply came with it when I bought it, doesn't do anything for the build. It was also the only expensive item at 5div.

I'm sure I have tried Natural Affinity and it doesn't really work. We may be STATIONARY, but we MOVE a distance (wiki explained it all https://www.poewiki.net/wiki/Stationary).
Also if we don't hit 100% reduced on LWarp, the movements speed penalty on Grasping Vines are annoying.
Having a chance to deal double, or maybe triple damage is very nice for hit builds that are applying ailments. That's why I went for Arn's Anguish. It suits this build very well, actually. We have easy access to +1 to maximum endurance charge on a tree, belt itself provides +1, and we as a Templar can get +1 to power/endurance charges through jewels(those are too pricey for me right now) which puts us at 6 brutal charges or 18% chance to deal triple damage. It may actually mess with our Cast when Stunned setup, but I couldn't notice.

I'm glad you find this archetype fun to play with and tweak to your needs - as this is not a complete build but a bunch of synergetic mechanics.

I will note though:
1. Illuminated Devotion is not necessary. It was a cheap(no one uses it) thingy that gave me life leech and AoE. Same AoE incr. is obtainable through Amplify cluster (3 points), and you can get leech ("..of lightning damage leeched as life") on gloves, with Atziri's Promise or on Watcher's Eye with vitality mod - then Arcane Surge on creating conc. ground is not necessary and you can go for something else more defensive or more offensive(even though I can't think of something that would give straight up 10% more damage).

Reduced effect of non-damaging ailments on us is a kind of overkill since we're shock immune(tempest shield) and freeze immune(pantheon/maybe Arctic Armour - you can pick it instead of Grace, drop bottom part of the tree with Champion of the Cause and spend points elsewhere. You would have to drop the 10% incr aura effect on you mastery as 20% life reservation efficiency is mandatory).

I'm thinking about changing them to rare jewels with CB immune and crit multi and % life - it's WAY WAY better. And it would allow me to drop Ralakesh on pantheon for something like Tukohama/Gruthkul/Abberath.

2. Higher chaos resistance is also acquirable, true, but currently my suffixes are filled with dexterity, I have Coral Ring base instead of Amethyst and so on. I'm running a flask for maps and it is enough not to die(changing position all the time is very helpful at surviving!).

3. Also build does not really need too much of dexterity - having Grace, or having high level of Mark on Hit support is not really necessary. You can drop Grace, and cast mark on hit yourself or run lower level of it. You could

4. We could drop Soul of Brine King since:
Awakened CwC support(level 5) provides us with Avoid Interruption from Stuns
Chill and Freeze avoidance is obtainable through caster mastery(We'd have to path not near Zealot's Oath but inside of the tree - 4 points for cluster and 1 for pathing (Thanks, Norky!))
Last edited by Ansharit on Feb 23, 2023, 4:29:39 AM
Care to share a PoB? Neither the original nor this reply contained one, as far as I can see. That's why I posted one: I pieced it together from the character linked in the thread and the items in the original post.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info