[Bricked] Odif's Build Guides for Newbies: Skeleton Mage Necro

"
MrsDeath_ wrote:
I would like to point out that if you are using returning projectiles and sniper's mark, your returning projectiles will miss their target while returning to make skeletons and make the whole gem useless.
I would suggest using Fresh meat support on your mages it seems really useful to include.

In my experience they do come back and hit the target with returning projectiles.

Fresh meat is good for regular skels, but bad for Vaal Skels.
Vaal SKels are over half our damage. So we dont use it.

P.S.
I cannot be certain about the returning, as the screen is full of projectiles, but it APPEARS they do come back and hit the marked target.

P.P.S.
Also, returning projectiles helps with clear, and is not a dps loss like greater multiple projectiles.
Last edited by Odif on Sep 5, 2023, 6:01:30 PM
Well i'd like to thank you odif for this build because it's a great build. It s my 2nd league that i've played and i've never played this much and this long on POE. I just finished the atlas maps yesterday so i just need to do the ultra endgame.
So big thanks for making this build
Hi Odif, a question: my minions don't really attack totems in the ancestor battles. I don't have a AoE gem equipped and I didn't get enough stuff to switch to skel mages yet. Should I just swap vulnerability for an AoE during the ancestor combats? And which would you recommend?

Also: I'm playing tier 10 maps with a 4-linked chest and a terribly lame equipped animated guardian, it's ridiculous how strong yuor build is! XD
"
MadeOnMonday wrote:
Hi Odif, a question: my minions don't really attack totems in the ancestor battles. I don't have a AoE gem equipped and I didn't get enough stuff to switch to skel mages yet. Should I just swap vulnerability for an AoE during the ancestor combats? And which would you recommend?

Also: I'm playing tier 10 maps with a 4-linked chest and a terribly lame equipped animated guardian, it's ridiculous how strong yuor build is! XD

Glad the build is working so well in maps for you.
It's designed for maps.

Minions never attack totems in the trials.
You have to have your Trial Followers kill opposing totems, or channel on them yourself to kill them.

My trial strategy with skels mages.

Put 1 defender per flanker the other team has.
Remaining units put in the following priority:
1) Flanker
2) Warriors
3) Escourt
4) Remaining defender spots

During the fight, I keep my regular skeletons back to defend, but when Vaal Skels is up, I run forward, pop the vaal skels, then run back to defense.

Good job OP. You made a build that is :
-cheap
-fun
-strong
-tanky
-satisfying
-can do all content brainlessly
All of the above for 1 divine. Literally i started dumping currency on it, not because of the usual "it might be good if I keep pushing" but because "this is good, I want to push it further".

I'd just suggest swapping returning projectile for lesser multi projectile for mapping smoothness, that's pretty much it.
This build is the very first build I tried fof poe. I will always come back and play this build once per season. Thank you so much Odif for posting this build and I hope many other players discover PoE thru this.
Hey Odif,

Firstly, cheers for the guide - super helpful getting back into necromancers after a multi-year break.

I'm currently trying to figure out how to get to a level 25 Spectre gem.

I've got a Level 20 Spectre Gem (2 Base Spectres),
+1 Minion Skill Gems on my Shield,
+1 Minion Skill Gems on my wand,
+2 Minion Skill Gems on my helm,

How do I get my Spectre Gem to level 25? What am I missing here?
Is the only way to achieve this a corrupted Level 21 Summon Spectre gem?

Cheers mate!
"
ExiledSage wrote:
Hey Odif,

Firstly, cheers for the guide - super helpful getting back into necromancers after a multi-year break.

Cheers mate!

- Honoured Tattoo of the Wise +1
- a wand with + 1 all skill gems and + 1 minion gems
- lvl 21 raise spectre gem
- amulet with +1 skill gems

edit:
- empower support gem
- awakened minion damage gem
Last edited by Yuzlol on Oct 1, 2023, 3:30:04 AM
"
Yuzlol wrote:
"
ExiledSage wrote:
Hey Odif,

Cheers mate!

- Honoured Tattoo of the Wise +1
- a wand with + 1 all skill gems and + 1 minion gems
- lvl 21 raise spectre gem
- amulet with +1 skill gems

edit:
- empower support gem
- awakened minion damage gem

Cheers for responding Yuzol!

I've already got a dragonflight ammy and an okay-ish wand.
I'll either go with the Level 21 Raise Spectre but actually most likely I'll get the Tattoo of the Wise :)

Cheers,
Heyo, I'm kinda new to PoE still, learning from friends. I see you don't have any cluster jewels at all, compared to all the builds I've seen, they go crazy for them. Am I missing something from the POB?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info