[3.22] Vaal Venom Gyre - Pathfinder (We have Mageblood and Headhunter at home)

"
MrScavenger wrote:
Is this Leauge start viable or is it a no go?

I believe its startable. Last league I got to red maps without buying a single piece of gear.
"
IlyaK1986 wrote:
No Master Surgeon, Field Medicine or Natural Remedies?

Ummmm?

I feel like any PF build without that node and getting it juiced is just *wrong*.

It doesn't run a life flask, so no.
This thing insane
What is the difference between this variant and the deadeye one ? is the deadeye one for dmg but less survivability ?
"
Shadman7 wrote:
What is the difference between this variant and the deadeye one ? is the deadeye one for dmg but less survivability ?

I'm not sure what build you're talking about, I didn't reference any other builds while creating this one so I cant speak on that.
The PoB in OP's post seems to have 3.20 skill tree. When I update it to 3.21 everything else is fine, but the masteries are all weird as far as I can tell.

Which masteries should we actually take?

For example 3.20 tree shows one life mastery as "10% inc maximum life, 10% reduced life recovery rate" and when updated to 3.21 it says "10% more maximum life if you have at least 6 life masteries allocated" which obviously makes zero sense because there is nowhere near 6 life masteries allocated even on the final tree.

There is also no "20% increased poison duration" mastery, "+1% to chaos damage over time multiplier per 4% chaos resistance", "6% chance to gain frezy charge and a power charge on kill" ... in the 3.21 tree.

"
HeroicLarvy wrote:
"
Shadman7 wrote:

I'm not sure what build you're talking about, I didn't reference any other builds while creating this one so I cant speak on that.

I am not referencing any other build u put out. But in general difference talking about going vg deadeye and vg Pathfinder
"
Shadman7 wrote:
"
HeroicLarvy wrote:
"
Shadman7 wrote:

I am not referencing any other build u put out. But in general difference talking about going vg deadeye and vg Pathfinder

He is saying that he didn't reference any other builds when making this one, not his own or anyone elses builds.

From what I've seen, both are viable and work a bit differently. Apparently with deadeye, you have to do some shenanigans with nightblade support gem, whereas with pathfinder the shenanigans happens with flasks.

Deadeye generates a ton of projectiles "easier" / more passively than pathfinder, but pathfinder is also fine projectwile-wise because of the vaal gem and the greater multiple projectiles support gem. Deadeye doesn't need the support gem, but has to account for other things pathfinder doesn't have to.

There are more deadeye guides than pathfinder ones and I have the general feeling that pathfinder scales a lot higher than the deadeye builds, so if you are looking to dump a lot of resources into min-maxing your build to heavens, pathfinder is better.
"
Piwwoli wrote:
The PoB in OP's post seems to have 3.20 skill tree. When I update it to 3.21 everything else is fine, but the masteries are all weird as far as I can tell.

Which masteries should we actually take?

For example 3.20 tree shows one life mastery as "10% inc maximum life, 10% reduced life recovery rate" and when updated to 3.21 it says "10% more maximum life if you have at least 6 life masteries allocated" which obviously makes zero sense because there is nowhere near 6 life masteries allocated even on the final tree.

There is also no "20% increased poison duration" mastery, "+1% to chaos damage over time multiplier per 4% chaos resistance", "6% chance to gain frezy charge and a power charge on kill" ... in the 3.21 tree.

I've updated the leveling trees aswell now, should be fixed.

Stuffs still subject to change, but it should be usable atm.
Last edited by HeroicLarvy on Apr 10, 2023, 12:53:58 AM
"

Deadeye generates a ton of projectiles "easier" / more passively than pathfinder, but pathfinder is also fine projectwile-wise because of the vaal gem and the greater multiple projectiles support gem. Deadeye doesn't need the support gem, but has to account for other things pathfinder doesn't have to.

The main difference between the two is that Deadeye is elemental damage, hit-based, whereas this pathfinder is poison based. Poison archetypes can use the GMP support without the negative of "35-26% less projectile damage" because that is a projectile damage modifier, which doesn't affect the poison damage we do, and enabling us to fire more projectiles to apply more poisons quicker.
I'll be league starting this today/tomorrow, and I'll probably start off as regular hit VG, and slowly transition over to the poison variant.

As far as which has the higher ceiling, poison builds are inevitably capped by the DoT ceiling (~35m dps or so) whereas you could get crazy Original Sin str-stacking venom gyre builds last league (not this league as that ring is gone) that'd blow that out of the water. Even this league hit-based probably has the higher ceiling once you get into mirror-tier craziness. To be completely honest, looking at the final endgame tree in the PoB, I can't even tell how much dps it does, as most of your damage comes from spamming whirling blades on bosses, and applying poisons via each of the projectiles that come from that. And the PoB damage numbers show a single proj (the damage numbers don't change when unticking GMP for instance) so idk what'd be a fair way to calculate the eventual damage with tons of projectiles flying around everywhere via whirling blades

Last edited by Zaaroc131 on Apr 10, 2023, 5:01:15 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info