[3.22] Vaal Venom Gyre - Pathfinder (We have Mageblood and Headhunter at home)

"
GamerCH wrote:
Heyho,

THX for the Guide. I love Venom Gyre.
I have a Question about the Belt. is it still possible to use a HH as the Guide is used with other Belt. Is there any Changes to the Tree if i want to use my HH?

THX in advance and nice guide!

It is possible, you'll just need the few extra nodes talked about in the flask/belt section for perma flask uptime. However this build doesn't really benefit much from Headhunter effects outside of Soul Eater, which it generates anyways. If you really wanted to push the build, selling the Headhunter for currency and getting giga gear would be far better, but its all up to you.
I cant find which bandits to kill? Im assuming we help Kraityn for the attack speed?
"
XeLLDeranged wrote:
I cant find which bandits to kill? Im assuming we help Kraityn for the attack speed?

Kill all, skill points are everything.
Last edited by HeroicLarvy on Mar 3, 2023, 9:01:09 PM
Maybe I missed it, but any reason NOT to use a ring with "Despair on Hit"? You could then setup 4-link wither totems instead of despair?

Better for bosses but maybe not for clear?
i would assume it is to take advantage of 'the balance of terror, cobalt jewel'. i have never used it before as im just trying out this build myself, however google tells me that 'on hit' doesnt work with that jewel.

However this leads me to wonder if there is any value out of the temp chains portion of the jewel as temp chains is not 'cast' (its on hit thru the gloves too)
"
Immortal007 wrote:
i would assume it is to take advantage of 'the balance of terror, cobalt jewel'. i have never used it before as im just trying out this build myself, however google tells me that 'on hit' doesnt work with that jewel.

However this leads me to wonder if there is any value out of the temp chains portion of the jewel as temp chains is not 'cast' (its on hit thru the gloves too)

This is correct.

Temp chains from the jewel does not work, however the difference when I purchased it was 5c so I wanted to see if it did work. (It doesn't).

The self cast despair is the real juice from the jewel.
Do you think the build will be still working in 3.21 based on the patch notes?
"
Do you think the build will be still working in 3.21 based on the patch notes?

I think it will be good still, but will need tweaks. The mastery changes add some flexibility and the Pathfinder change is hard to say whether it will be good or bad.
Thanks for answering and glad to hear it should more or less work! Your build looks quite interesting and I wanted to try it out in 3.21

Another question I have is whether you know if possibly the Zerphi's Heart bug where it doesn't activate Soul Eater sometimes with Vaal Venom Gyre was fixed?
Build looks very interesting and really op for mapping, but what about ubers and tough bosses?
IGN: Interloper

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info