[3.24] Splitting Steel Champ - All Uniques, Cheap League Start, Mapping, MF, Sanctum

"
oupis wrote:
Spoiler
"
corosou wrote:
"
oupis wrote:
in the first post you have a pob from 3.23 where there are other unique gloves, boots, belt and amulet .. is that still valid?

Yes, please read the post "Stage #2" in page 29

wow .. you are very fast with answer :D

and I know you are already somewhere else, but any idea where to focus on improving the equip from the campaign?

From page 19 until this one you can see progress posts from League Start until now.
Splitting Steel is tagged with "AoE;" do all components benefit from area damage, or just the initial explosion?
(one of the brutal infamy+destructive aspect Megalomaniacs on trade has an area damage notable, only reason why I'm asking)

edit: Never mind, it's on the wiki. It's both the initial and smaller projectile explosions. That's *probably* not what the build is focusing on.
Last edited by Pheonix_Magnum on Dec 23, 2023, 3:57:10 PM
"
Splitting Steel is tagged with "AoE;" do all components benefit from area damage, or just the initial explosion?
(one of the brutal infamy+destructive aspect Megalomaniacs on trade has an area damage notable, only reason why I'm asking)

edit: Never mind, it's on the wiki. It's both the initial and smaller projectile explosions. That's *probably* not what the build is focusing on.

Focusing on AoE is not really required, if you use Herald of Ash you already clear full packs, but it's not a total waste either; you gotta work with what you've got.

There's someone who did testing on this and did a write-up: https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/18cthf5/test_of_splitting_steel_overlaps/

GL
Last edited by corosou on Dec 23, 2023, 4:59:31 PM
Ah, neat.
Hmm, well it seems to me that it's better than increased herald damage at least, so I'll grab it. Increasing the skill's damage in some way probably returns better than scaling either purity minions' or ash overkill explosions' damage.
The endgame is going crazy, it’s getting too hard to keep up.
Is there some list of tips and tricks or tactics from you? I feel like I lack understanding of the gameplay although it seems pretty simple jump and spam but turns out it doesn’t always work.
Also, what mods you always reroll on maps? obviously p reflection. And I’ve been having really hard time with lowered regeneration too.
Hey there!
I recently changed to crit setup and was wondering if it's enough, because my crit chance is 85% at best. It seems i can't get to 100% like you. I tried to tick the same things as full life, but still.
maybe dumb question but i was wondering, the 6L on the weapon isn't really needed right ? you just need 6 sockets with the 4 reds linked and 2 greens linked for sniper's mark ? or do i miss something
Good afternoon, I'm a newbie, please tell me about my items, a friend made them, I don't know if it's better or worse than your build. Check my gloves, belt and helmet, maybe tell me something else for a more effective game. I’m still pumping up the skill tree at the moment, since I’m a newbie and haven’t leveled up quite properly.
Thank you
So, here's the thing fellas...

I just don't have the time to fix everyone's toon. Struggling is part of the game, and figuring out issues will make you a better player.

With guides that use Rare items, that's tricky for new players, but with this guide we are all using exactly the same items, except for the rolls and corruptions.

Now, of course there are nuances to be aware of, many pitfalls in this game, and acquiring that knowledge takes time, so pace yourself.

I can tell you the first time I played this game, I quit because I just couldn't figure it out. Then came back a few leagues later, picked up a guide, eventually started making changes to my own toon that it became different enough that it warranted a guide of its own, and been build making ever since.

Even so, I learn new things every day in this game, and there are whole parts of it that are still somewhat of a mystery, such as the art of endgame meta-crafting, and that's what's great about this game; that even after so long there are areas I haven't dealt with much.

Now, if you are struggling with Affliction at a certain map tier, then remove some Voidstones and run the league mechanic at a lower tier. I wasn't farming T16s until I got my Nimis, I was farming T12s, and others are farming T7 Glacier for Gilded Abyss scarab Spires.

I'll repost these 3 clips to help you manage expectations about Affliction:

CuteDog on the state of the 3.23

CuteDog on there not being much you can do

Ben_ on Melee Range

If there are knowledgeable players reading this, and you have the willingness and interest in evaluating individual's toons and helping them fix problems, your help would be very appreciated!

GL
Last edited by corosou on Dec 24, 2023, 10:37:02 AM
Hiya! Loving the build so far, I'm comfortably working my way up to a Nimis, and I have a question about Onslaught:

So, we get Onslaught by default from the helm, but the Tanu Ahi gloves also give a 10% chance to get Onslaught for 4sec when filling up our red globe.

I'm finding it difficult to test the 'uptime' myself, so I wonder:

Wouldn't the following factors be enough to keep Onslaught uptime fairly consistent and nigh-permanent? :
- An attack rate of 6+
- Blood Rage providing some chill health degen to always have a globe to fill
- "Skills cost 30% of mana cost as health" Life mastery adding an extra 'tick' of degen with each attack

Is all this consistent enough to actually not need Thrillsteel anymore?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info