I feel Ruthless is better for new players than regular game and here is why

"
DeKevin wrote:
PLayed the game when it was released till level 20 or some.. Never really got into it.
With Diablo 4 being released soon I tried D3 again, but it gets boring very fast.

Will try a ruthless character now, maybe I will like it more then the normal game? :)

I am exactly the opposite. I didn't play PoE when it was first released as it was a slog. Went back to play D3 after 5 years of not playing for s28, and I am still playing as of this morning. I have 3 toons, all in very good, but not the best gear. I have no want to play Ruthless and love myself this simple game. PoE takes too much of my life to play. I rather be able to do everything on a healthy amount of game time, rather than barely make it to maps in the same amount of time. I also enjoyed not needing to have 10 webpages and some planner open to just play a videogame.
Last edited by Nulledout on Mar 7, 2023, 9:22:39 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xtdaby3q6NI&t=357s

Poor early game design and vastly overestimating the amount of free time people actually have. That's how i would perfectly describe Ruthless, and PoE for that matter. PoE is a niche game, making it more niche is just stupidity.
Ruthless should be [Removed by Support].
"
satanttin wrote:
tbh i don't agree since new players will stop playing even sooner than normal gamemode because it's harder standard mode is already hard enough for new players i imagine. also because they don't learn everything cause a lot is not in it.

How hard the combat feels Player vs. Monster it's absolutely not what would make players quit. It's actually the opposite - if content is just hard to beat you slow down and farm up a bit and you do 2nd boss try because i personally haven't met a gamer that so easily gave up on killing hard boss or monsters. In fact it actually motivates you find a way to put that demon down on the ground like a true ARPG player would do.

So called "Easier mode" leagues standard or whatever you can't learn anything. You look up a guide you blast through the campaign, you copy paste gear/passive nodes from someone's guide and you first job is to and one shot monsters and keep one shotting monsters and will never learn their mechanics. Yes - easy ride, but what excitement does it provide? - None.

P.S.: Easy Mode - You just cruise like in all these mobile games where you tap $1 for x3 base damage and call that a game.
Last edited by BobsynS on Mar 8, 2023, 4:04:56 PM
"
BobsynS wrote:
How hard the combat feels Player vs. Monster it's absolutely not what would make players quit. It's actually the opposite - if content is just hard to beat you slow down and farm up a bit ( while learning core game mechanics and itemization from the ground up slowly and carefully ) and you do 2nd boss try because i personally haven't met a gamer that so easily gave up on killing hard boss or monsters. In fact it actually motivates you find a way to put that demon down on the ground like a true ARPG player would do.

So called "Easier mode" leagues standard or whatever you can't learn anything. You look up a guide you blast through the campaign, you copy paste gear/passive nodes from someone's guide and you first job is to and one shot monsters and keep one shotting monsters and will never learn their mechanics. Yes - easy ride, but what excitement does it provide? - None.

P.S.: Easy Mode - You just cruise like in all these mobile games where you tap $1 for x3 base damage and call that a game.

Interesting. Even more interesting that you haven't killed either Maven, Eater, Exarch nor Chayula and your best char is lv96. Truly amazing how you can speculate without actually doing the hard content.
Ruthless should be [Removed by Support].
"
BobsynS wrote:

How hard the combat feels Player vs. Monster it's absolutely not what would make players quit

Ruthless is not about right difficulty - it's about insane timesink that forces you to farm way more with almost no rewards.It's about playing terribly bad builds with terribly bad gear with 0 quality of life which leads to pure waste of time. 3.18 with uber bosses was a right move - those guys are really harder compared to their normal versions and yield better rewards. Ruthless is exact opposite thing, it's like, here, we removed like 90% of your character's power and stole 90% of loot from your maps. And I'm like - hmmm, and what's the profit from playing THIS?
3.13 Was the best league ever!
3.18 Rest in peace my beloved recombinators, I'm gonna miss you...
Last edited by Anngrat on Mar 8, 2023, 4:27:37 PM
"
Anngrat wrote:
"
BobsynS wrote:

How hard the combat feels Player vs. Monster it's absolutely not what would make players quit

Ruthless is not about right difficulty - it's about insane timesink that forces you to farm way more with almost no rewards.It's about playing terribly bad builds with terribly bad gear with 0 quality of life which leads to pure waste of time. 3.18 with uber bosses was a right move - those guys are really harder compared to their normal versions and yield better rewards. Ruthless is exact opposite thing, it's like, here, we removed like 90% of your character's power and stole 90% of loot from your maps. And I'm like - hmmm, and what's the profit from playing THIS?

LOL. Profit??? You are here to have fun not to fill 99 premium stashes with junk every league lying to yourself that this is sort of fun being Junkyard supervisor.
"
BobsynS wrote:
"
Anngrat wrote:
"
BobsynS wrote:

LOL. Profit??? You are here to have fun not to fill 99 premium stashes with junk every league lying to yourself that this is sort of fun being Junkyard supervisor.

I cant spot any fun in farming blue maps with 0 Juice with trash build, sounds like most boring thing ever
3.13 Was the best league ever!
3.18 Rest in peace my beloved recombinators, I'm gonna miss you...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info