Do not share POESESSID values with other people

"
DarthSki44 wrote:
"
Glowy wrote:
I'm seeing a lot of hating on GGG in this thread because of players who think PoB should be an official thing in the game. Stop it.

Absolute shit take on GGG outsourcing QoL leading to out of control situations if you ask me. Take your pick of pre-PoE trade site, TFT, PoB, the Wiki, Craft of Exile, trade overlays, Filters before they had to pay Neversink and more.

I mean c'mon man.

Can't agree more. Posted years ago that i dont like that i need to use 3rd sites/tools to play the game! Even for basic functions like checking map mod! If im new, how am i supposed to know what mode doing what?? Help panel doesnt have the info! ALL information required to play the game should be in game!

"We feels players like to discover things on their own" it is just a lazy exquse.
"Do not share POESESSID values with other people"

OK. Only the average user doesn't even know what it is. Let everyone understand.

I'm playing beta ota and I still don't know if the use of the awakened poe trade program is prohibited or not. There are many results in Google and they all say different things....
"
vonMoselberg wrote:
GGG its time for 2FA !!!

This. So much this.

2FA has been around for over a decade. Every service involving technology should provide their users with the option to use this.

I work in IT and it hurts every time I see a service with no Two-factor authentication security function in use.
Last edited by dizz on Dec 14, 2022, 2:03:11 AM
"
DarthSki44 wrote:
"
Glowy wrote:
I'm seeing a lot of hating on GGG in this thread because of players who think PoB should be an official thing in the game. Stop it.

Absolute shit take on GGG outsourcing QoL leading to out of control situations if you ask me. Take your pick of pre-PoE trade site, TFT, PoB, the Wiki, Craft of Exile, trade overlays, Filters before they had to pay Neversink and more.

I mean c'mon man.

Except...reality is on his side. Look at WoW devs who admit to doing literally exactly what he's talking about for YEARS with their raid and boss design in an arms race to keep up with players using unintended 3rd party tools to get an unfair advantage over those not using the tools.

Wanting something very badly isn't the same as 'everyone who disagrees with you is wrong'.
"
Quelex wrote:
I think this is coming up because there's new functionality in Path of Building that helps you search for items you've made in it but requires your POESESSID. ZiggyD did a video on it so more people are trying it and GGG is trying to get ahead of this before someone hijacks accounts.

This is also the only way to fetch your character data, in POB, if you have a private account (via the POESESSID token).
Yet another unpaid Path of Exile 2 Alpha Tester.
"
Steelhart1 wrote:
Which Apps have been asking for this sessionID?

Any examples I should look out for?

Path of Building for example
"
Canteu wrote:
What counts as other people? How do I get a new POESESSID value and how do I remove it if it has been shared with third party's already?

Don't just tell us what not to do when you already made the mistake of trusting the community to improve your game. Tell us how to avoid this beforehand.

If you have to use POESESSID you'd know. It's not easily retrievable (for those that don't know) and it's not something you just hand out left and right.
PUT AN AUCTION HOUSE IN THE GAME ALREADY

that tool exists because you refuse to acknowledge that you're more than a decade behind in online game design when it comes to qol trade features
"
Gorinnosho wrote:
PUT AN AUCTION HOUSE IN THE GAME ALREADY

No thanks, trade is fine as it is.
You don't realize how bad an auction house would be for this game.
Thanks GGG for letting me know this.
I was using Chaos Recipe Enhancer and from now on I'll make sure I'll never use it again nor any other program that just asks for your POESESSID.
Last edited by edriel86 on Dec 14, 2022, 4:50:30 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info