Do not share POESESSID values with other people

Three cheers for fearmongering to stop people from trusting path of building.

Other tools have used this for -years- to no fanfare, interesting you chose today to bring up how "dangerous" it is.
Oh no, it's almost like GGG shouldn't let third party tools fix their game.
"
Fabiofun1986 wrote:
Exilence Next too

I just logged into Exilence Next using Oauth, are you sure you have a recent version?

PoB is the only 3rd party tool I use that requires you to dig into your cookies to look for your POESESSID. Not that there aren't others, but not the super popular ones that this noob knows of.
You're questioning me? The great sea-mistress Lilly Roth, about how she so happened to find you, failing at drowning, on some godforsaken fleshy piece of land?
"
Fabiofun1986 wrote:
Exilence Next too

Exilence next is using oauth so it's fine
"
Cyndershade wrote:

Im curious, in which case PoB does require a session ID to do something? As far as I know, it only retrieve account infos that are public, nothing private (which wouldn't make sense for what PoB is). And I don't see any case where it would require a private access to an account.
If we shared this in the past is there something we can do to protect our account?
What counts as other people? How do I get a new POESESSID value and how do I remove it if it has been shared with third party's already?

Don't just tell us what not to do when you already made the mistake of trusting the community to improve your game. Tell us how to avoid this beforehand.
So... damage dummy in upcoming patch ?

I mean dont wanna rant on the same thing, but no test dummy, no death recap, tooltip not accounted for many things, craft rate is bad...
so many hidden bugs...
and ur telling me to not use pob...

unless this is not pob related xD then sorry
Thanks for letting me know
"
bigtoaster64 wrote:
"
Cyndershade wrote:

Im curious, in which case PoB does require a session ID to do something? As far as I know, it only retrieve account infos that are public, nothing private (which wouldn't make sense for what PoB is). And I don't see any case where it would require a private access to an account.
If your account is private, such as mine, and you want to load a character up on PoB, you would need to enter your POESESSID in order to give the program access to view your account.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info