Sony servers are restarting in:
They should be back up in approximately .

[3.23] [Leaguestarter] Exsanguinate Ascendant - a great all-rounder

"
Ashare wrote:
Heii Thansk for the build, i have so much fun playing this.
I am trying to push to 100 but sometimes i die and cant seem to understand why, becouse i feel so tanky until i get 2 shoot by something breach related.
I have linked my pob pastebin, any feedback or tips would be great.
Other then that i am just having fund, think it my best and strongest build i tryed so far xD
https://pastebin.com/wT596rT9

Hi, thanks for the kind words!

I've seen your PoB and your defences look solid, especially the amount of armour/evasion. Switching Malevolence to Determination is a great defensive choice.

I'd say the only room to improve that I see is to raise maximum Ele Resistances (via higher tiers of Exarch implicits and small points on the Tree) and to increase the life regen or incorporate life leech. I don't see any more things here.
Thansk i am looking in to start upgrading to awakend gems to get some more dmg.
i have been thinking of switching malevolence out for grade so i am running grace/determination, at least while i push to level 100.
guys dont get baited by this please thank you
Best build i've played so far since many years !
Thanks a lot for your work exile !

I'm actually lvl96 on Thicc tree
- Around 5,5M DPS on signle target, around 4M on mapping
- 5500+ life
- 1500+ life regen
- 80% 78% 78% 40% res
- around 35k armor with flask
- 5/10 div budget

very smooth upgrade line to improve the build :
- Leveling like a hobbit in the wood
- Fix resistances and begin map
- Try to have good survability (gain almost 500 life when incorporate enlighten lvl3 and stop using vitality with arrogance)
- Go for vaal righteous fire ASAP (very large boost of dps, you certainly not feeling strong without)
- Try to have enough chaos resistances on gear
- Farm T16 easy (avoid non-curse aura effect, cannot regen and -% all resistances)
- Buy awakened gems ( awakened chain is so powerful to clear map )
- Min-max build

I'm actually farming legion atlas strategy with ease and good clear speed, ( then earn lot of money ! )

Build is perfect for both new and advanced players, very nice leaguestarter all rounder.

Quick tips :

- Use molten shell on left click then you gain QoL when mapping
- Don't forget to put anointment on amulet like me
- Try to have 80% fire resistance, 1000 life regen to focus on vaal rigtheous fire (life leech can be great too)
- Life regen rate is a very good stat for us
- Don't forget to use catalyst on gear
- Farm searing exarch instead of eater of world (because we have a lot of fire resistance so it's easier i guess)
- Farm laby if you have time to find good enchants (easy with the build)
- My recommendation is to forgot flame dash if you can't afford nice unset ring, i prefer fix my chaos resistances easier with an amethyst ring
- Don't fall in love too much with the build and then sleep more than me

Here is my POB : https://pastebin.com/NaXid68x
Been using the guide, and so far having fun.

One neat thing to add. Using Roth's Reach bow gives me a free +2 chaining to skills with no hit penalty that you would get by using a chaining support gem. It can be used for leveling as soon as level 18.

I know a bow isn't ideal, but for leveling the chaining is a nice QoL.

I also decided to go with herald of purity minions and go the route of minion damage increases my damage on the passive tree. One of the notables also adds 20% skill duration which is nice for exsang.
Last edited by superbomb1967 on Jan 28, 2023, 11:12:15 AM
I'm a total casual at this game and its mechanics but the Cannibalistic Rite passive seems pretty good for this, why isn't it used in this build?

PS Loving this build so far, it's my first attempt at trying out an actual build.
"
Rabandos5 wrote:
I'm a total casual at this game and its mechanics but the Cannibalistic Rite passive seems pretty good for this, why isn't it used in this build?

PS Loving this build so far, it's my first attempt at trying out an actual build.

Hey, I'm glad that you like it!

Cannibalistic Rite is a good notable indeed. It is used in this build, but as an anoint on your Amulet. You could path to it on the tree, but the question is - what points you need to unallocate for it to be worth it. I've decided it is easier to keep it as a cheap anoint.
Hi, very interesting build! Been looking to try exsanguinate for a long time, and this looks promising (and more importantly: reasonably achievable for someone like me who isn't the best at farming up large sums of currency)

Here to ask if you're planning to update this for 3.21 assuming nothing gets nerfed? I notice the PoB linked is still using the 3.19 version with Hextouch/CF/Storm Brand/etc, and I'm wondering what could be done instead of that setup, some things were mentioned a few months ago but nothing concrete seemingly?

Also what would you say is the minimum budget to really get the build going, just so I have a bit of a baseline? By "going" I mean say... 1m DPS maybe since that seems to be a pretty standard goal for getting builds off the ground and farming red maps.

Also, in the FAQ you mention "The issue with Reap is - you can't stack your DoTs. With Reap you can deal 1463 base physical DoT at level 20 - with Exsanguinate you can deal 1121 base physical DoT at level 20 - but it can stack three times, resulting in almost 3500 base physical DoT. This renders Reap inferior as a DoT skill when compared to Exsanguinate." - is this factoring in the 5 (or 6 with Enchant) Blood Charges that Reap gets on subsequent non-kill uses? I'm not sure how they interact with the DoT aspect in specific, but each gives 15% more damage, so with 5 stacks that's 75% more - while wouldn't Exsanguinate's stacks be more like 300% increased? Not sure how the math works there admittedly.
"
Myuudles wrote:
Hi, very interesting build! Been looking to try exsanguinate for a long time, and this looks promising (and more importantly: reasonably achievable for someone like me who isn't the best at farming up large sums of currency)

Here to ask if you're planning to update this for 3.21 assuming nothing gets nerfed? I notice the PoB linked is still using the 3.19 version with Hextouch/CF/Storm Brand/etc, and I'm wondering what could be done instead of that setup, some things were mentioned a few months ago but nothing concrete seemingly?

Also what would you say is the minimum budget to really get the build going, just so I have a bit of a baseline? By "going" I mean say... 1m DPS maybe since that seems to be a pretty standard goal for getting builds off the ground and farming red maps.

Also, in the FAQ you mention "The issue with Reap is - you can't stack your DoTs. With Reap you can deal 1463 base physical DoT at level 20 - with Exsanguinate you can deal 1121 base physical DoT at level 20 - but it can stack three times, resulting in almost 3500 base physical DoT. This renders Reap inferior as a DoT skill when compared to Exsanguinate." - is this factoring in the 5 (or 6 with Enchant) Blood Charges that Reap gets on subsequent non-kill uses? I'm not sure how they interact with the DoT aspect in specific, but each gives 15% more damage, so with 5 stacks that's 75% more - while wouldn't Exsanguinate's stacks be more like 300% increased? Not sure how the math works there admittedly.

Hey, I'm glad you're interested with the build!

I've actually managed to prepare another PoB, with a replacement of Corrupting Fever and Hextouch setup, to the one that includes another reservation skill (either Herald of Purity or Flesh and Stone). The curse is now applied via either Mark of Submission or a curse with Arcanist Brand.

I will certainly update it, stay tuned for an update in the days before the league-start.

I'd say the baseline to deal 1m DPS would be any weapons with %inc spell damage. Upgrading to double CIPs will immediately bring you to 2m DPS. From there you go with jewels, gem levels, maybe awakened supports.

Don't overlook defences - this small amount of evasion is really important to your survivability. You can even consider swapping Malevolence to Grace.

In terms of Reap-Exsanguinate comparison - my comparison is not factoring in blood charges. With them, you'd get 90% more damage, which will result in ~2700 DoT. Exsanguinate deals 1120 DoT as a baseline, but you can apply three different instances of it, similar to separate poisons. This results in ~3350 DoT baseline. But there's another issue - Exsanguinate works better as a clear skill out of the box - Reap usually requires AoE or (Awakened) Spell Cascade, both would be best. With Exsanguinate, you'll go with Chain Support on maps (which makes it into a great clear skill) and Swift Affliction on bosses (because you want damage after all).
Last edited by pawelos13 on Mar 30, 2023, 4:25:47 PM
Hello, I'm mostly a new player, well, I have 120 hours but that's nothing for this game. I wanted to try this build and clear all content in the game next league, whatever that means, I actually don't know how many bosses this game has and all of that. Do you think that's possible with this build?

You mentioned
"
It is able to clear most of the content this game has to offer (excluding only some Uber fights and Simulacrum when the mods line up badly) with comfy playstyle and budget gearing.

Do you mean just with cheap gear? If you have good enough gear are you able to clear everything with this build?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info