[3.23] [Leaguestarter] Exsanguinate Ascendant - a great all-rounder

Ive skipped the duration and went for the Vanquisher wheel. This build has served me well but dmg wise its hard to progress/scale - only small steps after youve done the basics.
This seems like a fun build if you are like me and only play one character. The fact that it works, but also has a ton of problems to solve sounds interesting. Just got to maps and am a bit nervous. This is my last change to bail and respect to something more sane.
I do play one character. Throughout the years, only a couple of times I rolled again, and this was because I didn't like the first char.

Using this build I got to maps, got a 6L and other cheap starter gear that works with the build (armor/evasion, life regen), and it is pretty smooth.

The one area that needs some caution is when and how you switch to low life and PA. I haven't played a LL build before, nor ever used Petrified Blood, so watching my health start low and pogo up and down is still unnerving. I don't die often, but when I do, I am not always sure why. I have played life leech and CI builds before but it isn't the same thing. That said, you don't need to switch to LL early at all.

My passives tree needs some rounding up, my jewels and flasks even more so, my gems aren't even level 20, I still need to run uber lab, and I can't use Malevolence yet. So there are some clear and easy improvements to be made still, and they will happen naturally as I work up to red maps and t16.

This is one of those builds and guides that do rely a bit on player experience to fill in the blanks that are supposed to be common knowledge. This for endgame only; starting out the guide is quite detailed. Anyway, this is probably natural for Scion.
"
tsunamikun wrote:
Many of your problems will disappear with better gear. a good exsanguinate LL build can get to 2k hps regen without the new charms and has slayer type leech. etc. as soon as you reach that level -max resistance won't be that dangerous anymore. hexproof and PHys reduction will chease to be an issue as soon as you reach 4 mil dps. regen reduction will force you to disable RF later but thats all.

I agree that better items will make it smoother and more predictable. However, as I mentioned above, it was good enough to farm expeditions on my current character with a 1-2d budget, which is kind of insane.
It really is crazy-pants kinda stuff, how price effective this build is. People severely undervalue the Regen gear that we thrive on. And when you want to get fancy, the Cluster Jewel for the three additional skills is less than 3 Divines. And there are sub-categories that will have bonuses to the Passives of +Regen, +Resists, or the one I got +Cast Speed on Phys.

That was my first big purchase aside from the Amulet, which gives me CULLING. The clear speed and survivability of this build is fantastic this League, even though it was always great.

Great for Blight, Delve, Legion, Heist, and more content. Anything that is swarms of Mobs, you can cut a bloody path through.
I'm currently trying to decide if I want to be using Pride or Determination for my defense Aura, because that's going to decide which Watcher's Eye I'm going to be investing in.

I'm wanting to get one that additionally provides +Phys Damage 40-60% as a secondary modifier, but these are expensive items. Is it more worth to go for the Armor, reducing damage taken and giving Petrified Blood and the Regen the time to save my life, or the Evasion to try and prevent taking the damage in the first place?

What are all of your ideas on this? This is an expensive purchase, so all feedback is appreciated.
"
CostanzaK wrote:
I'm currently trying to decide if I want to be using Pride or Determination for my defense Aura, because that's going to decide which Watcher's Eye I'm going to be investing in.

I'm wanting to get one that additionally provides +Phys Damage 40-60% as a secondary modifier, but these are expensive items. Is it more worth to go for the Armor, reducing damage taken and giving Petrified Blood and the Regen the time to save my life, or the Evasion to try and prevent taking the damage in the first place?

What are all of your ideas on this? This is an expensive purchase, so all feedback is appreciated.

pride is the phys damage aura, grace is the evasion aura
Determination is a must, pride is a nice to have with determination later on.
I can't understand, please explain. Why do in POB take Pain Attunement and Petrified Blood at the build stage before LL? And Petrified Blood + Vitality seems kind of nonsense. Is this an inaccuracy in POB or am I missing something?
"
I can't understand, please explain. Why do in POB take Pain Attunement and Petrified Blood at the build stage before LL? And Petrified Blood + Vitality seems kind of nonsense. Is this an inaccuracy in POB or am I missing something?

You are missing a few things, yes.

The PoB has you take PA and PB at the end of the campaign, because that is a sensible point where you can switch to LL. You don't have to do it right there and then, or go all-out all at once. The guide even says that you could choose to not go LL at all, if you prefer.

PA has no dependencies, and there are no downsides to having it even if you don't use it. When to take it is completely up to you. You can very well take it after whenever your LL setup is complete.

You can go LL and start using PB as soon as it makes sense, which is when your defenses and life regen are good enough to make LL/PB viable for you. Which btw is why you need Vitality, for the huge boost to life regen. I am not sure why that would be nonsense.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info