[3.23] [Leaguestarter] Exsanguinate Ascendant - a great all-rounder

"
CostanzaK wrote:
I can attest, Ex has been massively buffed by the longer uptime. I skipped the Duration Increase nodes in the Passive Tree, and I'm clearing the game and the bosses really fast. The strength is being able to dodge attacks while the DoT is still up, and it remains up while keeping myself alive. I'm actually having an easier time of things than any other build I've run before, including the previous League's build.

I'm looking forward to tooling around with the Trans, but the regular feels pretty fantastic already.

Yes, longer base duration helps a lot, I can second that. I also tested the Transfigured version, and stayed with it. Even longer duration, lower cast time, and as it turns out, it gets +1 chain for every level. Right now, my Exsanguinate is on level 25 (+6 from Cold Irons Points), so I have +24 chains. The clear - really good, and really similar to old Exsanguinate with Chain Support. So, if you can switch to the Trans version, do it (I bought my gem for 1c 12 hours into the league lmao).
I agree with the Trans clearing. It seems to operate along the same lines as the Arc jumping, chaining directly from one to the next. I've been killing mobs completely off my screen with this chaining, it's fantastic. But, directly from the high number of links in the chain, the instant damage is a bit lacking compared to the Exsanguinate, but I just did the Shakari boss fight and it was trivial.

The immense number of chains let me sweep aside the adds without really looking, and the long uptime of the DoT made sure that Shakari was constantly taking damage.

However, the time of the DoT may be TOO long. I ended up being able to stack all three stacks on Shakari easily in the fight, and then subsequent casts only kept that same DoT consistent. It was reliable, but I can't help but wonder if I lost some DoT simply by the stacks long uptime. I'm gonna poke around the Passive tree a little and look at some skill gems. The obvious pick would be Swift Affliction for concentrating the DoT, but I wanna explore and see what there is. And without the Duration Mastery to lengthen our DoT, that frees up points.

EDIT: For Gems, it seems to really come down to Swift Affliction or Sadism Support gems, both green. The passive tree also kind of lumps all DoT together under Chaos damage. What I found that is, reasonably obtainable, with the 4 Passives that letting go of the Extrended Skill Duration Passives would get us near the skill Entropy, which increases DoT by 23% and Skill effect duration by 10%. But in the final LL build, it is 5 Passives away from the route. But we can reach it through Coordination which gives +8% Cast speed, which we care about. And a plus to Dex and Int which is nice. But it's kinda looking like Swift Affliction is Best In Slot for the Trans to remain All Rounder, but Sadism would be the better Map Clearer. For single target damage, we may still want to be Reaping it up.

Last edited by CostanzaK on Dec 10, 2023, 2:32:07 AM
"
CostanzaK wrote:
I agree with the Trans clearing. It seems to operate along the same lines as the Arc jumping, chaining directly from one to the next. I've been killing mobs completely off my screen with this chaining, it's fantastic. But, directly from the high number of links in the chain, the instant damage is a bit lacking compared to the Exsanguinate, but I just did the Shakari boss fight and it was trivial.

The immense number of chains let me sweep aside the adds without really looking, and the long uptime of the DoT made sure that Shakari was constantly taking damage.

However, the time of the DoT may be TOO long. I ended up being able to stack all three stacks on Shakari easily in the fight, and then subsequent casts only kept that same DoT consistent. It was reliable, but I can't help but wonder if I lost some DoT simply by the stacks long uptime. I'm gonna poke around the Passive tree a little and look at some skill gems. The obvious pick would be Swift Affliction for concentrating the DoT, but I wanna explore and see what there is. And without the Duration Mastery to lengthen our DoT, that frees up points.

EDIT: For Gems, it seems to really come down to Swift Affliction or Sadism Support gems, both green. The passive tree also kind of lumps all DoT together under Chaos damage. What I found that is, reasonably obtainable, with the 4 Passives that letting go of the Extrended Skill Duration Passives would get us near the skill Entropy, which increases DoT by 23% and Skill effect duration by 10%. But in the final LL build, it is 5 Passives away from the route. But we can reach it through Coordination which gives +8% Cast speed, which we care about. And a plus to Dex and Int which is nice. But it's kinda looking like Swift Affliction is Best In Slot for the Trans to remain All Rounder, but Sadism would be the better Map Clearer. For single target damage, we may still want to be Reaping it up.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe Sadism Support works only with ailments. Our DoT is not an ailment, so Sadism would be null for us.
Oh you're right. It's Affliction based, like Ignite and Poison. It's "compatable" with Exsanguinate in terms of being able to link with it, but unless another affliction was inflicted along with it, the base DoT is Phys based and not Affliction based. Yeah, it's down to Swift Affliction which doesn't have that kind of qualifier.

But I've been tooling around with Swift Affliction today, and it's feeling pretty good. Even with bosses, it doesn't feel like there is any downtime from overly long DoTs stacked up, and the map clearing is going even better.

Question about the PoBuilding, it seems you've removed the Jewel that allocates all Passives that are not allocated within range for this League. May I ask about why it was removed?
I am very new to this build and skill, only in Act 4 and didn't read the entire discussion, but Exsang of Transmission is a huge QoL while leveling.
We don't seem super socket starved with this build and there is a little wiggle room. Would fitting in a a Corrupting Fever setup be stupid? Even though the dot doesn't scale from spell power it still seems like we'd scale the gem fairly well.
Hi guys, I completed my atlas with this yesterday and would say this build is completely viable as a starter at the current meta. Here is my 3rd day pob:
https://pobb.in/lLOFuJYejl-1

5orb t11 map:

Had 24 deaths when I started red maps and 94 deaths now.
Using those charms, idk are they best or not, but seems fine:
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable

Nevertheless, it has a few issues:
1. Reap is kinda useless, have no idea what I'm doing wrong but damage is just meh. Especially, if a mob has life regen.
2. Damage scaling is very bad. And you NEED all sources of it, such as curse, RF, Vaal RF, jewels, auras, etc to handle the new league mechanic properly.
3. Due to pt2 there are a lot of map mods that are really bad for you (or even unplayable):
-#% maximum Player Resistances
Players have #% less Recovery Rate of Life and Energy Shield
Monsters are Hexproof
+#% Monster Physical Damage Reduction
Players cannot Regenerate Life, Mana or Energy Shield
Monsters have +#% chance to Suppress Spell Damage
Players have #% reduced effect of Non-Curse Auras from Skills
Monsters reflect #% of Physical Damage
4. Using Vaal Rf is kinda deadly. You have to press a life flask right after it or will die.
5. U can kill Atziri with it but I've spent 4 portals.
6. It seems a bit inconsistent. Hierophant ascendency is whatever since you could go with charm to surge, Gladiator ascendency is also meh (we're not using half of it), empty sockets that are hard to fill with usable gems.

Also, u have to have reduced curse effect flask to somehow manage enfeeble and flammability.

Complete Soul of Brine King pantheon ASAP.

Use Acrimony anoint until u get enlighten and afford to fit malevolence.

And get the new Exsanguinate version as early as you can.

Overall, it's very cheap rn (except jewels, but u could snipe them, https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Affliction/7ly46LRT5) and great to farm expedition or heist at the start to spec into something more consistent.

Last edited by DreadMoore on Dec 12, 2023, 8:33:14 AM
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
del double
Current Build: Penance Brand
God build?! https://pobb.in/bO32dZtLjji5
Last edited by tsunamikun on Dec 13, 2023, 8:02:16 AM
Many of your problems will disappear with better gear. a good exsanguinate LL build can get to 2k hps regen without the new charms and has slayer type leech. etc. as soon as you reach that level -max resistance won't be that dangerous anymore. hexproof and PHys reduction will chease to be an issue as soon as you reach 4 mil dps. regen reduction will force you to disable RF later but thats all.
Current Build: Penance Brand
God build?! https://pobb.in/bO32dZtLjji5
Last edited by tsunamikun on Dec 13, 2023, 8:01:39 AM
Any suggestion on what passives to pick instead of extended duration with the new transfigured gem and how quality works? Right now I'm considering putting some points into the templar beginning tree to increase dmg. But there might be better options.
Long time diablo player.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info