[3.23] [Leaguestarter] Exsanguinate Ascendant - a great all-rounder

"
chronos007 wrote:
Hello!
First, thanks a lot for this build, well explained and fun to play.
I'm currently trying to opimize my stuff, and I'm wondering wich one between Spell Damage or Damage Over Time I should pick for my Ezomytes daggers.
It seems Damage Over Time multiplier does not display on exsanguinate dps, so i have a hard time comparing those... any though? :)

Hi there!

First, and most important thing is - don't rely on tooltip DPS (the one displayed in-game) when comparing numbers - these are never accurate. That being said, you should be able to see a difference, but in a specific line in a tooltip description (something like: "Deals X Physical damage over time per second"), and you mods should influence that.

To answer your question though: Short answer, you can use both, they are the same to us.
Long answer: as an corruption on your Cold Iron Points normally you'd like Damage Over Time and not Spell Damage, because usually Spell Damage doesn't scale DoTs, even when the source of the DoT is a spell (more info here: https://www.poewiki.net/wiki/Secondary_damage). However, both Exsanguinate and Reap have a line that states: "modifiers to spell damage also apply to this skill's DoT", which makes Spell Damage and Damage over Time equal to us.
Historically increased Spell Damage was cheaper than Damage over Time, but you have to check yourself.
Thanks a lot for your explanation! And indeed, spell damage is cheaper than DoT.

By the way, I have hard time finding +% to all maximum resistances on body armour.
Until then, I'm using +12% increased effect of non-curse aura from your skills.
It applies on auras like Grace/Determination - Vvitality - Pride - Malevolence, right?

Any other recommendation for implicits I should focus on? And maybe lab enchants that fits well to this build?
Thanks again for your time!
Last edited by chronos007 on Oct 4, 2023, 6:33:22 AM
"
chronos007 wrote:
Thanks a lot for your explanation! And indeed, spell damage is cheaper than DoT.

By the way, I have hard time finding +% to all maximum resistances on body armour.
Until then, I'm using +12% increased effect of non-curse aura from your skills.
It applies on auras like Grace/Determination - Vvitality - Pride - Malevolence, right?

Any other recommendation for implicits I should focus on? And maybe lab enchants that fits well to this build?
Thanks again for your time!

One lab enchant that works wonders with this build is "Reap deals XX% amount of damage" (I think it is a helmet enchant)
Thanks for your advice!
Though I don't use reap yet, it's more for bossing if I got it right, but i'll include that in my trade research for later.
I am exploring builds for 3.23 and really like what this looks like it can be for a league starter. I was kind of checking boxes in the POB, and did not see this particular question addressed in the guide.

There is a wheel near right side of scion "overcharged" keystone, and +3% dmg per charge mastery. Has anyone discussed this? Seems like it would give some EHP with endurance charges, and help with cast speed on frenzy charges.

If anyone has asked about this or explored it, please let me know your thoughts.
What if I have "Curse enemies with Vulnerability on hit"?
"
Aldenier wrote:
I am exploring builds for 3.23 and really like what this looks like it can be for a league starter. I was kind of checking boxes in the POB, and did not see this particular question addressed in the guide.

There is a wheel near right side of scion "overcharged" keystone, and +3% dmg per charge mastery. Has anyone discussed this? Seems like it would give some EHP with endurance charges, and help with cast speed on frenzy charges.

If anyone has asked about this or explored it, please let me know your thoughts.

Hey there!

I thought about that wheel, but I ultimately decided against it. This was my thought process:

1. Power Charges give us crit chance, which is useless for us.
2. Frenzy Charges are amazing, but there are other ways to get them. This is the reason why I advised to pick Cold Iron Point with "frenzy charge on kill" corruption implicit - it solves it on maps. I think it is a smaller opportunity cost than spending 3 Passive Points. You can also craft suffixes on rings or amulet with +1 minimum frenzy.
3. Endurance Charges can help with physical damage reduction mostly, the resistances are a nice overcap at most, a protection from curses/exposure/scorch.
Endurance Charges are much harder to generate, but I've included Enduring Cry in the current iteration of the build, which solves it. Therefore, I think it's the same discussion as with the Frenzy Charges.
4. There is a consideration to pick these nodes for the "3% damage per charge" mastery. Then again, this node would give at most 27% increased damage (assuming we're not raising any max charges, which we're not) in the current version. I think it's not worth the points before.

This is my thought process. If you want these points though, or like the ease of generating charges while mapping, who am I to judge? This is a guide, not a strict law.
"
Klavijatura wrote:
What if I have "Curse enemies with Vulnerability on hit"?

Hey there!

You can use it, of course. Keep in mind though, that after the Curse changes in (I believe) 3.20, the curses are much weaker when not self-cast. Almost all ways to trigger them were nerfed (the exception being Arcanist Brand).

Using Curse on Hit will apply lvl 1 Vulnerability, which makes the enemy take 15% increased physical damage. Meanwhile, lvl 20 Vulnerability makes the enemy take 30% increased damage. So, you can see the trade-off - pressing an additional button to deal more damage or having the thing automated and dealing less damage.
Hi mate, very nice guide, are you going to update to 3.23?
Had lots of fun with this build for the league, thanks for making it. I ended up with 2000+ health per second and was able to accidentally face tank a lot of boss hits since I still didn't know their mechanics when I faced them. Died VERY little. I didn't hit level 100, but that's down to me not understanding how to Atlas correctly, and I went off and did content that turned out to be lack of fun and lack of rewarding.

If Exsanguinate Ascendant is still viable after the changes (looking over the patch notes, I'm feeling pretty hopeful) I'd love to play it again. It's a great build for Delve, I found, since it can constantly clear a screen and has the regen to stand in the darkness and not suffer for it. Though it would probably be tough to specialize in Delve.

There are a few things in the patch notes that have me in wonder though. First the Lifetap changes, where instead of flat damage it has an effect that I'm not familiar with. Then there is the brutalization of RF, but I didn't really use it much in the first place. Perhaps a cast on hit gem would be able to take it's place and free up a keybind spot?

I think we're all gonna have to wait for the list of new Gems to really see what we're going to be doing. Hopefully there is a new Exansuinate that rocks the house, because it's going to be a completely different build with all the Alternates removed from the game and folded into new variants.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info