3.20 barely scratches the surface on imbalances between casters and melee

"
sidtherat wrote:
"
plaguefear wrote:
What? Read the notes again, melee is going to be crazy strong.
Also, melee splash as a node will not have reduced damage.

3.20 notes?

there is nothing there that makes melee 'strong'. the only 'crazy' thing out there is thinking that there is.

+strike/splash is a wash, you would know that if you had actually played melee

what else is there? few vaal skills? cool, it is always some kind of a plus. unless the vaal version is garbage/quirky (like Cleave)

if you want to stick to your claim:
could you POB a Dual Strike build? you can use 2 450pdps 1handers of your choice. remember to tick 'pinacle boss' :)
My profile is public champ, go tell me i don't know melee.
How am i going to make a pob in a patch that does not yet exist, melee has been strong many times over the years, guessing you started last year or something?
The changes to blood seeker alone will make melee the obvious choice for anyone that knows how to play poe.
melee is for morons, "ugh me hit with weapon, need to stand close". Spells don't need weapons and the majority of spells are ranged. Melee is forever going to be worse than spells.
hardcore casual.

Playing PoE for years and having fun despite GGG.
"
plaguefear wrote:
"
sidtherat wrote:
"
plaguefear wrote:
What? Read the notes again, melee is going to be crazy strong.
Also, melee splash as a node will not have reduced damage.

3.20 notes?

there is nothing there that makes melee 'strong'. the only 'crazy' thing out there is thinking that there is.

+strike/splash is a wash, you would know that if you had actually played melee

what else is there? few vaal skills? cool, it is always some kind of a plus. unless the vaal version is garbage/quirky (like Cleave)

if you want to stick to your claim:
could you POB a Dual Strike build? you can use 2 450pdps 1handers of your choice. remember to tick 'pinacle boss' :)
My profile is public champ, go tell me i don't know melee.
How am i going to make a pob in a patch that does not yet exist, melee has been strong many times over the years, guessing you started last year or something?
The changes to blood seeker alone will make melee the obvious choice for anyone that knows how to play poe.

everything we need to know is already known - patch notes are out. there are no melee related tree changes, no itemization changes except uniques and you can ignore ailment changes for this experiment. what stops you?

what other changes are there? you honestly think making some uniques HH-rare and comparable with good rares somehow changes everything? seriously?

i hope you know you can outright edit items in POB? new avg roll is 386pdps and indeed it is a very good weapon. like 20div+ 'good' in fact, because it is old Vaal Pact with pretty good Claw on top of it. close if not BIS claw

What do you mean no melee related tree changes?
Splash node replaces strike, that is a melee related tree change.
But yeah that is WAY too much work, ill just main melee in the new league and do all content.
"
plaguefear wrote:
What do you mean no melee related tree changes?
Splash node replaces strike, that is a melee related tree change.
But yeah that is WAY too much work, ill just main melee in the new league and do all content.

Please don't say that, it must be a death flag of sorts. The last guy I saw saying that here respecced into RF half way, then left the game and hasn't been seen since.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
"
Valkaneer wrote:
Casters can off screen their targets, melee has to be standing on them. 10 million melee DPS is only good if your able to stay on target.

You only need a +1 Caster wand and you can take that lvl 3 wand all the way from act 1 - act 10. No way in hell you can do that with a melee weapon.

I can only second this. Melee gets nothing in return for putting themselves in danger, closer to monsters. I would understand the high risk, high reward saying, if melee gems were dealing 10x more damage than spell gems. But sadly, the contrary is the reality. Spell gems do way more damage than melee gems in spite of taking lower risks.

Also, introducing ruthless in this game state will just demonstrate the difference between melee skill gems and spell skill gems and how melee gems are dependent on upgrading the weapon every 3-4 levels. While on the other hand a level 1 wand will get a spell gem to maps easily. Spells scale their damage on gem level. Melee skills scale their damage mainly on weapon base damage than gem level.
Last edited by SeaSkipper on Dec 3, 2022, 6:46:29 AM
This is why ill never understand why people wanted nightblade and lightning strike nerfed. Could we just get a good physical/melee skill thats actually well rounded (not a meme) like lighting strike.

Lets not pretend boneshatter is actually a good skill. Being better than complete crap is still crap compared to ezmode rdps.
"
caboom wrote:
hopefully i am missing something but this "Resolve" does not seem very friendly to melee either.

Definitely isn't. They said that the resolve damage decreases based on proximity to enemy... so if there are ranged enemies in the room, melee gets shafted.

Not a very well thought out implementation.
I think GGG wants the players to stop playing melee altogether. Then they might do something about it but not before. Or maybe they would nerf the 0.01% melee skill because two players used it and it was more popular than the rest of the melee skills at 0.00%.
Last edited by SeaSkipper on Dec 3, 2022, 6:02:41 PM
who cares?

i know developers dont.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info