I honestly don't care about Ruthless, but...

I just hope that:

A. It won't affect balance of the core game in the way I don't like. Say, GGG sees how people hate move skills being disabled and GGG thinks - "Huh, people like mobility. Maybe we should unnerf mobility skills?". I would take that.

B. It won't somehow pull enough players to make SC League Trade die even faster. It seems like there is significantly more interest than I expected initially. I don't think many people will stick but still.

Also I think it's kind of a meme that you can trade in this mode. You can completely circumvent some of the core challenges of Ruthless with trade.
Last edited by SunL4D2 on Nov 26, 2022, 11:35:04 PM
Last bumped on Nov 29, 2022, 8:37:20 AM
You dont care. But you care. That is all I see. Logic that is illogical.
"
SunL4D2 wrote:

Also I think it's kind of a meme that you can trade in this mode. You can completely circumvent some of the core challenges of Ruthless with trade.

I think it's kind of a meme that player can respawn after rip and trade with other players and most people think that SC trade is a normal game.
Last edited by Alendert on Nov 27, 2022, 1:16:00 AM
It feels like a huge mistake on GGGs part driven by Chris' need to placate some of the older talent who wanted this.

But the problem is they have been cutting player agency since 3.13 to meet the same dev demand, so players are weaker in the normal league as well as the new ruthless.

Bad ideas, bad leadership, bad implementation.
"
SunL4D2 wrote:

This!
At league start, there will probably be a lot of mule characters created only to get all the starting gems.
There'll also be people farming for support gems.
Not sure how the economy will develop, but I don't think it'll take long and it's quite close to normal SC economy.

Start with a build that doesn't need a lot of investment (looking at you, cold dot occultist and a few others), farm some currency and twink gear, start a new character, buy skill/ support gems, play as if it were non-ruthless.

I also think that upon death (HC and SC ruthless) the stash should be emptied.
Bird lover of Wraeclast
Las estrellas te iluminan - Hoy te sirven de guía
Te sientes tan fuerte que piensas - que nadie te puede tocar
I actually do hope it affects the balance of the main game in the form of making the main game easier and more looty.
Uploaded an awesome Exsanguinate Freeze Explosion build on the forums - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3508506
"
Kiss_Me_Quick wrote:
I actually do hope it affects the balance of the main game in the form of making the main game easier and more looty.
You had that from 2.2 to 3.13. Wasn't it enough?
"
"
Kiss_Me_Quick wrote:
You had that from 2.2 to 3.13. Wasn't it enough?

I'll be in Ruthless (:
Uploaded an awesome Exsanguinate Freeze Explosion build on the forums - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3508506
"
Mikrotherion wrote:

At league start, there will probably be a lot of mule characters created only to get all the starting gems.

Well in that case it REALLY IS capturing the vibe of early PoE. I remember telling a dev that I did this to expand my early options and they were genuinely surprised. I thought it was fucking obvious.
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
"
"
Mikrotherion wrote:

Well in that case it REALLY IS capturing the vibe of early PoE. I remember telling a dev that I did this to expand my early options and they were genuinely surprised. I thought it was fucking obvious.

Sometimes you can't see the forest for all the trees.
Bird lover of Wraeclast
Las estrellas te iluminan - Hoy te sirven de guía
Te sientes tan fuerte que piensas - que nadie te puede tocar

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info