3.20 - the best league since Ultimatum?

I hope this league will be the best since Ultimatum. GGG 4 leagues in a row do not add content to core gameplay (Scourge, Archnemesis, Sentinel, Kalandra). So far everything looks good on paper, but as always we are waiting for some kind of kick ass from GGG.

What do you think?
Last edited by PANTHEONE on Nov 24, 2022, 2:44:39 AM
Last bumped on Nov 25, 2022, 2:32:01 AM
Well, Lake looked really damn awesome before it launched.

I mean, Lake introduced into the game a legendary character, Kalandra, which together with the memories of other NPCs were to greatly expand the game's lore.
Scourge made its return with tainted currency, so we were about to be able to, once again, easily 6-link corrupted items.
Harvest got itemized, so we were about to be able to reroll suffixes/prefixes without needing to deal with TFT.
GGG used lessons learned from AN and Sentinel leagues to greatly rebalance AN modifiers to make fighting rare monsters great again.
A massive unique item rework and drop rate rebalance was about to re-ignite the excitement from dropping unique items.
And lake itself was going to offer as-if-maxed-out encounters from old mechanics, so one could experience them all in spite of having only a few on the atlas.

Even now, this would be amazing.

And then Kalandra had about as many lines as Tujen while her story lacked the finale and the ending. The memories are one-paragraph tidbits that repeat four times as one goes through the memory's four maps. Scourge was overtuned, feels like shit to focus on because it stops spawning with the boss, the currency shipped at super-low drop rates and came nerfed to the ground, especially tainted fusings.
Harvest had its most important mods removed.
AN modifiers were the same dumpsterfire they were at the beginning of the Sentinel league, but brought in the loot goblin on top of that.
About 97 from the 100 reworked uniques were vendor trash, which may have been used for leveling, except that the overall 90 - 95 % nerf to unique drop rate ensured one didn't drop any leveling uniques while leveling.
And most of the Lake tiles focused on league mechanics drop nothing of value even to this day.

So... while I do respect GGG's ability to create hype, I find myself sceptical.
Last edited by Xyel on Nov 24, 2022, 3:03:12 AM
They will add Ruthless in 3.20, ofc it will be the best league.
ruthless is the only thing i am returning for, even then it might not be enough
hardcore casual.

Playing PoE for years and having fun despite GGG.
"
Xyel wrote:

I mean, Lake introduced into the game a legendary character, Kalandra, which together with the memories of other NPCs were to greatly expand the game's lore.
Scourge made its return with tainted currency, so we were about to be able to, once again, easily 6-link corrupted items.
Harvest got itemized, so we were about to be able to reroll suffixes/prefixes without needing to deal with TFT.
GGG used lessons learned from AN and Sentinel leagues to greatly rebalance AN modifiers to make fighting rare monsters great again.
A massive unique item rework and drop rate rebalance was about to re-ignite the excitement from dropping unique items.
And lake itself was going to offer as-if-maxed-out encounters from old mechanics, so one could experience them all in spite of having only a few on the atlas.

Even now, this would be amazing.

And then Kalandra had about as many lines as Tujen while her story lacked the finale and the ending. The memories are one-paragraph tidbits that repeat four times as one goes through the memory's four maps. Scourge was overtuned, feels like shit to focus on because it stops spawning with the boss, the currency shipped at super-low drop rates and came nerfed to the ground, especially tainted fusings.
Harvest had its most important mods removed.
AN modifiers were the same dumpsterfire they were at the beginning of the Sentinel league, but brought in the loot goblin on top of that.
About 97 from the 100 reworked uniques were vendor trash, which may have been used for leveling, except that the overall 90 - 95 % nerf to unique drop rate ensured one didn't drop any leveling uniques while leveling.
And most of the Lake tiles focused on league mechanics drop nothing of value even to this day.

So... while I do respect GGG's ability to create hype, I find myself sceptical.

This sums it up pretty good at this point.
I'm looking forward to being able to target farm the golem jewels.
I'm not looking forward to the inevitably shit location they choose to stick them, making them a complete pain to farm for.
"
PANTHEONE wrote:
I hope this league will be the best since Ultimatum. GGG 4 leagues in a row do not add content to core gameplay (Scourge, Archnemesis, Sentinel, Kalandra). So far everything looks good on paper, but as always we are waiting for some kind of kick ass from GGG.

What do you think?

1) Good rare jewels nerfed. Some unique jewels can't get CB immunity - nerfed. Good unique jewels drop rate - nerfed. Replica CE - gone. Some jewels removed - bild diversity nerfed.

2) Archnemesis nerfed. New system not tested, first month betatest. But nerfes maked for archnemesis not reverted. Lootgoblins still here. Rares quantity still nerfed.

3) Altars nerfed. Grand eldrich drop nerfed by 94%, all eldrich drop by 44%. Awakeneds and chisels nerfed by 66% and 75%. Maven and all top invitations nerfed by awakened gems drop on map bosses.

Its ridiculous how easy to manipulate some poe players. They like golden fishes forgot previous line of text in a second. "Scarabs in core drop pool poog this is a buff" line "On the whole, Scarabs will be offered a lot less than before" totally forgotten, and "compensatory buff" became "just buff".
"
shadow_rps wrote:
Its ridiculous how easy to manipulate some poe players. They like golden fishes forgot previous line of text in a second. "Scarabs in core drop pool poog this is a buff" line "On the whole, Scarabs will be offered a lot less than before" totally forgotten, and "compensatory buff" became "just buff".

It's a video game. It doesn't matter if it's nerfed or buffed and there is no conspiracy of them being master manipulators. They think the game will be more fun like this, and that's it.
Uploaded an awesome Exsanguinate Freeze Explosion build on the forums - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3508506
i have like 0 hype and i barley feel like playing 3.20 sadly. only saving grace 3.20 have its league mechanics and end game update( ruthles have more hype for me then anything ells so far)
"
Xyel wrote:

you realize kalandra lore was the worst lore in poe existence and they completely ruined the biggest iconic lore character the KALANDRA herself the only intereaction you get with the most iconic character in poe history is 1 dialog line in every lake map and then she flies away....HOW TERRIBLE IS THAT
Last edited by Gopstop22 on Nov 24, 2022, 5:50:10 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info