3.20 Balance Manifesto: Eldritch Altars

"
degas wrote:
"This is one of those cases where the most efficient and rewarding gameplay strategy undermines the expected gameplay loop and encourages players to do things that aren't really fun"
GGG now decides what's if fun or not.

Eh the same way they playtested things before 3.19 went live and it was ''fine'' and it took like 95% of the community to become damn near rabid for them to do anything ,which wasn't much but it was ''something''
"
Dragoon_Diver wrote:
ggg cares way too much with economy, all these injunctions and directives of how we should a play a game isn't fair
not saying that we should vote or be democratic, instead it should stay more organic

this game is becoming less and less of a rpg as days goes by and more of a build-sim-grinder or whatever, seems getting loot is more of a finality than a means to "complete" the game

Yeah if the rest of the updates are like this. i'm probably out.
"
These are good changes and the stacking keystones was always weird to me but it's good that it now matches the theme. I think a great change to make it so Maven comes into line would be so that the Maven witnessed bosses could also drop with a filled set of her invitations for fragment farms. Most people only want to to 2-5 maps a league on farm and I think this would make it so she is even more of a competitive pick. Leagues looking good so far Hereshopin

Well see i sorta disagree with the changes because while i get the stacking isn't for everyone, it would normally allow players that can handle the stacking n extra difficulty that comes with it extra rewards. But i will absolutely say that i get why they are doing that and why some players appreciate it.

Regarding the maps well, typically its cause it allows efficiency and thus fastest way to get currency especially in 3.19 as they nerfed drops into the ground.And in the map favorite slots there was a way to increase specific map drops and increase the quantity of which they drop. Especially since at the start to mid ish of 3.19 people were struggling to sustain maps like crazy.
"
maddyderpy wrote:
you guys dont understand how this nerf will hit drops like a truck.
ill try to explain this with my poor english.

all drops in the game have a groups. and ~how it works(+\-):
1. 1% basic currency (per mob) < if lotto roulette choose this 1%, then --->
2. 0.00001% mirror
0.0001 divine\exalt
3% chaos
other ~97% is scrap, alts other bubblegum currency.

and that lotto hits every mob kill.
altars before 3.20 provides additional chance for basic currency, that means to the all group. so, you just get more often *currency* group of loot ("spins" in this loot group roulette).

for example now you will have 5% chance for mobs drop vaal orb. yes, chance is bigger, but its not group at all.

and what will be much easier?
hit divine roulette in 1% group after just killing 100k monsters?
or FIND altar with choose you desire?
100 mobs per map, or 3 altars? hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
and on top of that^ nerfed mob frequency (3 altars with 60 mobs before, 4 with 56 after in average(correct me if i screwed up too hard)).

this nerf even worse you can imagine guys.

Don't worry they playtested it,its fine.Trust in the vision.
"
Fallbringer wrote:
With 3.17 GGG established a new good way of farming and killing stuff that was hard but also rewarding and fun, the new Altar System, which many of us relied on.

After introducing Altars 3 leagues ago or 9 MONTHS(!!!) ago GGG now thinks they are "too rewarding"? Since you (GGG) point it out JUST NOW that they are "too rewarding" how "too rewarding" can they really be? IF Altars are really "too rewarding" then why didn't you nerf them into the ground 2 leagues ago with 3.18?

You didn't. Your reasoning that Altars are too rewarding is fallacious and you would have gutted them leagues ago. If it was a big deal you would NOT have done nothing for the last 2 leagues doing nothing.

There aren't many good (whatever this means) and fun systems left in PoE. In short time if you continue your fallacious reasoning you will kill your game (it's already half dead tbh).

I don't know what kind of "Vision" you have GGG but if fallacious reasoning and taking stuff and fun away from your game is part of it then keep it up and see how many players will be left when your so called "Vision" finally kicks in.

Yeah if they keep going with this after nerfing it last league ,nerfing it again.I'm gone.

They really thought after this past league nerfing everything into the ground and creating a meta that relied on cullers and tft of which he said he didnt want us to be dependent on...apparently.

''let's piss off the community we already have little good will left at this point'' because galaxy brains.

Between the lies last league, the handwaving away of concerns and now this.
"
Strollin wrote:
Why is everyone going crazy because of the announced nerfs to Altars? I know the last thing we need right now is even more nerfs to the game but we don't even have patch notes yet and the archnem manifesto looked really promising (did people forget about that?). Just be a little bit more patient and wait till patch notes to see how 3.20 is actually going to be :)

After last league or perhaps ''this league'' they burned far too much of the good will they had with people. So, do you expect people to have ggg shit on their head and then call it a hat?
"
"
AlekzZz84 wrote:
this crying under every post GGG makes is getting old, the changes overall are awesome for everybody from casual to streamers and yet the thread is full of whining and bitching.

GGG does nothing - everybody is bitching cause no changes
GGG does change something - everybody is bitching there is a change

shut up already, finally there are some good manifestos, 3.20 is gonna be even better than 3.19 (and yeah, turned out 3.19 was great and super rewarding you bunch of cry babies throwing temper tantrums!)

Sorry but for most players it was garbage, there's a reason everyone left from the getgo.

The issue is what they do is they don't address previous issues of which the community has issues with.If i hire you to do my lawn but you paint my house. You're not addressing the issues. Which is why people at large take issue with 3.19 and since the changes don't address any of those.People are pissed.And if people expressing their displeasure bothers, i hope you find the irony there considering this post.

nah, what bothers me is the bitching, 3.19 had a lot of issues, but there is criticism and then there is just bitching without a clear direction. Like AN needed nerfing for sure specially the T16 essence rares, I encountered a weird combination of some ridiculous phys damage reduction and life on hit essence mob that I had to fight for like 2 min with my 26mil dps char (at the time) and then just gave up, cause the mob would hit me and recover full health, unkillable. But that doesn't mean I was stopped from farming couple hundred divines... all I needed to do was finding ways to incorporate increased rarity into my gear, different scarabs for an increased chance of god-touched rares and divines poured in, while all other well known farming strategies still remained: strongbox farming or a mix rarity + quantity for strongboxes and god-touched rares at the same time, or altar farming, that was still like 8-10 divines an hour. 3.19 was still good, the lake was absolute garbage but mapping was still good (after figuring out where did the loot go of course).
3.23 is the best league of all time (an absolute banger)
3.19 really left me frustrated several times so that I really needed to pause playing it for a couple of days each.

I don't see the point to burn 30+ divines to gamble-craft something and at the same time GGG makes it harder and harder and more and more time consuming to earn that currency back for another stupid try.

Why should I invest so much time into something of what I am frustrated afterwards, not to talk about even spending money for it.

Am I the only one who thinks that instead you should be happy after playing a game like that? And not stepping away frustrated about the fact that you just burned X hours into nothing except of being sad not having invested this time in something more relevant.
good work, looking forward 3.20. Login!
"
AlekzZz84 wrote:
"
"
AlekzZz84 wrote:
this crying under every post GGG makes is getting old, the changes overall are awesome for everybody from casual to streamers and yet the thread is full of whining and bitching.

GGG does nothing - everybody is bitching cause no changes
GGG does change something - everybody is bitching there is a change

shut up already, finally there are some good manifestos, 3.20 is gonna be even better than 3.19 (and yeah, turned out 3.19 was great and super rewarding you bunch of cry babies throwing temper tantrums!)

Sorry but for most players it was garbage, there's a reason everyone left from the getgo.

The issue is what they do is they don't address previous issues of which the community has issues with.If i hire you to do my lawn but you paint my house. You're not addressing the issues. Which is why people at large take issue with 3.19 and since the changes don't address any of those.People are pissed.And if people expressing their displeasure bothers, i hope you find the irony there considering this post.

nah, what bothers me is the bitching, 3.19 had a lot of issues, but there is criticism and then there is just bitching without a clear direction. Like AN needed nerfing for sure specially the T16 essence rares, I encountered a weird combination of some ridiculous phys damage reduction and life on hit essence mob that I had to fight for like 2 min with my 26mil dps char (at the time) and then just gave up, cause the mob would hit me and recover full health, unkillable. But that doesn't mean I was stopped from farming couple hundred divines... all I needed to do was finding ways to incorporate increased rarity into my gear, different scarabs for an increased chance of god-touched rares and divines poured in, while all other well known farming strategies still remained: strongbox farming or a mix rarity + quantity for strongboxes and god-touched rares at the same time, or altar farming, that was still like 8-10 divines an hour. 3.19 was still good, the lake was absolute garbage but mapping was still good (after figuring out where did the loot go of course).

100% agree.. 3.19 was a good league (despite the lake being bad) and i had tons of fun mapping and i got just as much loot as i ever did.. game gets better every patch.. people cry about every change and convince themselves the game is worse when its obviously better every update.. if i was in charge id just ban people from the forum for posting their negative meme posts ad nauseum despite how obvious it is that GGG does a great job
:3

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info