Golem jewels in 3.20

In 3.20, the build-enabling Primordial jewels (Harmony, Eminence and Might) will no longer drop naturally from any source.

Instead, they will be obtainable in a new deterministic way (confirmed not to be a vendor recipe).

I'm hopeful that this new method will allow us to access the jewels as early as Act 4, so that we may empower our golemancer builds as league-starters.

Wishful thinking, I know, but having the jewels locked behind end-game just doesn't sit well. The stacking power of the jewels is already limited by character level.

What are your thoughts, hopes and expectations?
Last bumped on Dec 15, 2022, 7:46:27 AM
I doubt it. It will probably be some silly and annoying way making them cost upwards of 20 Div.
I'd be surprised if they can be farmed in acts.

I expect them to be found off some combo of map bosses / old league bosses or encounters.
My guess is that The Primordial cards will be the way to obtain these jewels.
"
6_din_49 wrote:
My guess is that The Primordial cards will be the way to obtain these jewels.

Whilst The Primordial will probably remain in-game, the new deterministic method will be different.

GGG are quoted as saying:
"
....we want you to discover this new source on your own during gameplay...

After further thought, there is a chance that Primordial jewels will come from the new league mechanic. It seems to be an instanced mechanic with empowered mobs/bosses inside. If true, this would bode well for accessing the jewels during Acts.
"

After further thought, there is a chance that Primordial jewels will come from the new league mechanic. It seems to be an instanced mechanic with empowered mobs/bosses inside. If true, this would bode well for accessing the jewels during Acts.

THe drawback with that is that either the new mechanic would have to go core, or they'd need yet another new source the following league. Also, what about Standard?
I don't know if there's a new card planned, or maybe golems/bosses can drop splinters of the jewels, but I'm struggling to think of any other origin since they said it's not direct drop and not a recipe.
Looking for a mature guild to play with?
http://www.guildmedieval.com
Courtesy, Integrity, Fair Play.

I understand this is a role playing game, but I don't think the best role to play should be shopkeeper. - AlteraxPoe
Uhhh, yeah, they're not going to take something that has been a global random drop for 6 years or so and suddenly gate it behind a new temp league-only mechanic. Whatever means they've got in mind for obtaining them in 3.20 and beyond, it won't be that.

I have a pretty good sense of humor. I'm not German.
My guess is from breachlords.
"
Varana wrote:
The drawback with that is that either the new mechanic would have to go core, or they'd need yet another new source the following league.

"
aggromagnet wrote:
Uhhh, yeah, they're not going to take something that has been a global random drop for 6 years or so and suddenly gate it behind a new temp league-only mechanic. Whatever means they've got in mind for obtaining them in 3.20 and beyond, it won't be that.

Fair points.

In any case, I guess the most obvious prospect is Delve.

Delve appears in Act 4, the very same Act that rewards Golem gems. It would make sense.

I'm not much of a Delver myself, but I understand that golem mobs spawn in Restless Rubble nodes, which can appear as level 34 areas.

I would be quite content with doing some early Delve grinding for jewel splinters or whatever.
Last edited by WaywornExile on Nov 20, 2022, 9:03:17 PM
and remember, it cant be 'specific map bosses' either, because ggg rotates the map pool every league.

i would definitely like to see them give some love to delve. and if they arent stupid rare, i might actually try golemancer this league.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info